Thread: FJRK: Clan Operative MIA. Reward!

FJRK: Clan Operative MIA. Reward!

Clan Operative MIA. Reward!
    Tuesday 17th October, 29480 - [Global]

At 0600 RST this morning, Anti-Terrorism Advisor Eleanor Kiamarli made an annoucement to the FJRK, IRRK and OTPC press companies from her office in Bliss. The Free Journalists of Rubi-Ka is proud to bring you this message:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we live in a dangerous world where countless lives are lost daily. Not only in this war, but also to the various risks and dangerous wildlife that are a part of this planet.

I come to you, not only as a proud Clan citizen, but also as a woman in need. There are those we lose in this conflict, and there are those we wish to keep. Elyssia Maesenos, a good friend and colleague of mine has been missing since early months of this year.

Having lost contact with her during an important humanitarian mission, I believe that she has suffered complications in her assignment and is unable to contact home. The last known contact we had with her was at 0900 2nd July 29480.

As a result, I am offering a one hundred million (100,000,000) credit reward for the safe return of this woman alive and well. The information she carries could decide the fate of many lives in the future, Clan, Neutral and even Omni-Tek. Any enquiries should be brought to me. That is all."

Eleanor took a few moments to take questions from the press offices, however this soon moved away from Elyssia Maesenos and onto that which her operative was carrying. It was at this point that Ms Kiamarli refused to answer any more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK View Post
    As a result, I am offering a one hundred million (100,000,000) credit reward for the safe return of this woman alive and well. The information she carries could decide the fate of many lives in the future, Clan, Neutral and even Omni-Tek.
    Hmm. I think I'd rather deliver a person holding that kind of info to 'Pol or Reform instead of only 100M reward... But hey, thanks for pointing out who to look for!

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

The last known contact...
    What is the probability of a coincidence...

Hehe, yeah.
    Me, I'd rather have a last known location, but then again it's been so long the trail is colder than.. erm.. Oh yeah, ladies present.. I mean, it won't be all that easy..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice View Post
    Hmm. I think I'd rather deliver a person holding that kind of info to 'Pol or Reform instead of only 100M reward... But hey, thanks for pointing out who to look for!
    Typical self centered, self serving actions for Omni-Tek wage slaves. Anything that dose not help Omni only is bad and should be secreted away while trying to find a way to make it help Omni, or atleast hurt everyone else except them. One more reason I left Omni and one more reason I will never go back.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Good to know that a chance at peace isn't worth 100m to you. I'd have delivered her back into safety for free. But hey... i guess altruism is outta style these days.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot View Post
    Typical self centered, self serving actions for Omni-Tek wage slaves. Anything that dose not help Omni only is bad and should be secreted away while trying to find a way to make it help Omni, or atleast hurt everyone else except them. One more reason I left Omni and one more reason I will never go back.
    You could also call it self-preservation. Anything that helps the Company, helps me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Good to know that a chance at peace isn't worth 100m to you. I'd have delivered her back into safety for free. But hey... i guess altruism is outta style these days.
    If peace could be achieved by 100M credits, this planet would've been at peace for ages now. In my opinion, both sides have had plenty of chances for peace, but there's too much at stake to just shake hands and walk away as friends. That's why I like to think that only solution will be "last man standing gets to keep the planet". So bring some fresh guns and ammo for everyone and let's get started!

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

If peace could be achieved by 100M credits, this planet would've been at peace for ages now. In my opinion, both sides have had plenty of chances for peace, but there's too much at stake to just shake hands and walk away as friends. That's why I like to think that only solution will be "last man standing gets to keep the planet". So bring some fresh guns and ammo for everyone and let's get started!
    It appears that you are assuming that 100m would solve the issue just like that, when in fact... chances at peace require hard work and sacrifice. The money would just open the door (eg. the 'chance' at peace) and on top of that... that 100m is arguably someone's life savings. Good to know not only are you a sellout, but willing to piss on people who only want help. Grats.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 17th, 2006 at 20:13:04.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I would PAY 100mil just to see this clanner hanged... insurance wiped of course.

during an important humanitarian mission
    [snip]
    The information she carries could decide the fate of many lives in the future, Clan, Neutral and even Omni-Tek.
    It is likely given the humanitarian nature of the mission, that the impact on all those lives would be to save them.
    Which makes it a bit strange that all them ommer cretins are so anxious to keep such info under wraps - but then again, some people can't do much but kill.
    Of course, they may just be unable to read that this information would affect ommers and neuts, too..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

I fear the case is that they can read and simply wish to use the information so that it benifits them alone, or make sure to use the information so that it harms everyone else but them.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Heh, this is indeed a funny world when we fear that someone can read..
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot View Post
    I fear the case is that they can read and simply wish to use the information so that it benifits them alone, or make sure to use the information so that it harms everyone else but them.
    Well yes, this is a war after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblayd View Post
    Well yes, this is a war after all.
    Yup yup, war is all the rage these days, and its never outta style. Thank the creator even children are allowed to carry anything that can cause bodily trauma, and various weapons of mass destruction. Hooray!
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Could that missing person... that Elyssia Maesenos is the one who caused the Xaun incident?
    And that "humanitarian" mission is a covert operation in wich the stealing of some weapons blueprints was the objective?
    That could really saved some clan lives... but i doubt the omnis and neutrals would have gained from it...
    Soo many questions appear when you look at the bigger picture.