Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Health Warning from Omni-Med

Public Health Warning from Omni-Med

Public Health Warning from Omni-Med
    Tuesday 17th October 29480 - Rita Prestin
    [Global]

Announcement ID: 124-35/16-10-29480
    Regarding: Public Health.

In recent weeks, Omni-Med nurses and doctors have seen a large increase in severe cases of psychic-stress disorder otherwise known as PSO amongst Omni-Tek employees. Together with Reform, Omni-Med is therefore issuing a general health warning against this condition.

The cause of this condition is often continued stress at work, or over working, even personal problems can cause the disorder to show up. We have divided the disorder into three different stages.

The signs for stage one of this condition, can be, headaches, depression and increased aggression.

Second stage symptoms include aggressive outbursts, a sudden rise or decline in various emotions, severe headaches and sometimes, nosebleeds.

Third stage symptoms are open hostility, extreme aggression or even violence.

The disorder is easy to treat with a simple injection of stress-relieving compounds, but if the disorder is not treated, then anyone suffering, may experience medium to severe delusions or hallucinations.

If anyone is found, having the systems of stage one or two, please contact Omni-Med and get an appointment. If anyone shows symptoms for stage three, please report the person to the nearest Omni-Pol or Omni-Reform employee, who will contact Omni-Med, so we may prevent the person from becoming a danger, either to others, or to themselves.

Sincerely, Rita Prestin.
    Director, Omni-Med

Also treatable with generous allowances of booze, and perhaps meeting a suitable mate at the bar where you are obtaining ( and drinking!) booze.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

I can treat Stage Three fairly nicely by sending any Omni citizen to reclaim! -smirk-
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

Hehe, I have several female friends and when they get to stage three I just let them throw punches at me. I'm careful not to tense up so their hands don't get hurt, of course.
    But yeah, booze, resurrection, it's all good in relieving stress, I'll help most ommers if they ask nicely.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

In other words: You don't have to be nuts to work for OT, but it helps.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Huh, Omni Med is putting usual behaviour as an illness now ?
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Memo:
    To: Omni-Tek Citizens
    CC: Omni-Med Offices

Tuesday, 17th October, 29480

In response to the public health warning, Omni-Pol will be offering a drop in clinic with consultation sessions with some of our most skilled Doctors at 14:00 Rubi ka Standard time, this coming Saturday, 21st October.

We will be setting up this clinic at an office in Omni1 Trade District for Omni-Tek employees, location: 580 x 520 (North Eastern Corner, East wall)

Should anyone require a scheduled appointment within this time with a senior Doctor, please ensure that you contact us promptly using our contact form.

Should consultations lead to confirmation that signs of any of the stages are present, immediate referral to Omni-Med will be persued.

We welcome cooperation with other experienced doctors or medically trained citizens who have received their health checks and are cleared to carryout these consultations.

Your safety is of paramount importance, Omni-Tek Protects.

:p

Is this open to clanners as well?

Really, I do wonder when the words "Omni-Tek employees" derived the meaning "Clanners welcome".

I was simply hoping that if we all got some stress relief that it would ease tensions... but again, Omni-Tek takes the anti-peace route.

(( :P ))

I think you will find it is the professional route.

The data refers to OT Employees, therefore it is imperative that this is contained and controlled with the correct procedures being advocated.

It would be irresponsible to invite those who are not noted in the health warning as being affected by PSO, especially considering the symptoms described that could be taking effect on a citizen.

Lat time I checked, Zora Himself stated that clanners and Nuets both were still employees.

Then they owe me over three and a half years of pay!

Claimable in your nearest Omni-Reform office. After a mandatory... health check of course. Err, and a bath.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Caution-Side effects may include:
    Sleeplessness
    Dry mouth
    Ringing in the ears
    Respritory inflamation
    Viral Infection
    Hair Loss
    Weight Loss
    Upsest stomach
    Fatigue
    Heart Burn
    Erectile Disfunction
    Rectal Itching
    Frequent Urination
    If you are taking Heart medication, consult your doctor first for it can lead to an unsafe drop in blood pressure.
    Do not take if you are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant.
    If you see an unusual discharge during urination stop taking imediantly and consolt your doctor
    Unsafe for children under the age of 16 and adults over 55
    Do not use alcohal in combination with the medication
    Do not take if you are using medication to control blood clots
    In rare cases this medication can lead to -
    Addiction
    Liver Problems
    Kidny Problems
    Liver Failure
    Kidny Failure
    Heart Failure
    Do not take if you are at risk for one of these factors.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    The signs for stage one of this condition, can be, headaches, depression and increased aggression.

Second stage symptoms include aggressive outbursts, a sudden rise or decline in various emotions, severe headaches and sometimes, nosebleeds.

Third stage symptoms are open hostility, extreme aggression or even violence.

The disorder is easy to treat with a simple injection of stress-relieving compounds, but if the disorder is not treated, then anyone suffering, may experience medium to severe delusions or hallucinations.
    Wow... you mean... everyday work stress is now a rampant plague? Shock and awe! All conspiracy theories aside, this is just plain funny.

FFS, get a life outside of work... wusses. Better yet, get outta the cubicle and get laid for once.

Oh and Twistshot, whenever I see a Omni-med commercial on the gridterm, I somehow always manage to gawk at the level of side effects, and my usual chime in is: Side effects include reclaim!
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 17th, 2006 at 20:01:41.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot View Post
    (list)
    You forgot anal leakage in there.
    (occ : i know chips in real life that have an ingredient on them that has, as a side effect, possible anal leakage. You can't invent this stuff up.)
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker View Post
    You forgot anal leakage in there.
    (occ : i know chips in real life that have an ingredient on them that has, as a side effect, possible anal leakage. You can't invent this stuff up.)
    (OOC: Olestra.)
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot View Post
    Sleeplessness
    Dry mouth
    Ringing in the ears
    Respritory inflamation
    Viral Infection
    Hair Loss
    Weight Loss
    Upsest stomach
    Fatigue
    Heart Burn
    Erectile Disfunction
    Rectal Itching
    Frequent Urination
    If you are taking Heart medication, consult your doctor first for it can lead to an unsafe drop in blood pressure.
    Do not take if you are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant.
    If you see an unusual discharge during urination stop taking imediantly and consolt your doctor
    Unsafe for children under the age of 16 and adults over 55
    Do not use alcohal in combination with the medication
    Do not take if you are using medication to control blood clots
    In rare cases this medication can lead to -
    Addiction
    Liver Problems
    Kidny Problems
    Liver Failure
    Kidny Failure
    Heart Failure
    Do not take if you are at risk for one of these factors.
    On balance i'll stick with Plumbo and Hit-the-Floor-Jack, next to that little lot i'll take the hangover, dodgy sexual partners and yalm parked in the window any day...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

*Falls out of his chair laughing*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast