Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Atlantean] The Green Cloaks ((monthly OOC-player meetings in Reet Retreat))

*wonders if another chirops sneaked it and planted a nest on the link* no worky
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Whoops. Fixed now. Sorry.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

July's meeting should be on sunday, 1st of July, which is.. tomorrow.

18GMT in Reet Retreat.

Edit: RUR Metawater contest meeting collides with this, so if necessary, green cloaks could take place 8th of July, too.
    Last edited by Keanne; Jun 30th, 2007 at 07:04:06.

((Is there a log for this one, by chance?))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Sorry, I forgot. Here it is.

I thought of something when got to this:
    "Dabblez: I figure, given that we don't have GMs, we all have to GM a little"

I know, from talking to a *few* RPers, that they got sick and tired of getting involved with RP story lines that involved cross faction Orgs (I.E. Omni vs. Clan) because at some point someone, be it an old skooler or Newbie, started power playing and metagaming the other side just to 'win'.

This got to be such a problem that now it seems that every single action must be cleared with every single player before it's done

-Over dramatization- "/tell Tussa (( is it ok if I have Kotts take a drink from your beer?))" "/tell Xeenah (( Tussa said it was ok for me to drink her beer, is it ok with you?))"

While I don't mind clearing shots, but it's gotten way out of hand. It causes short little run-ins and conversations, that should only last a few minutes, to last upwards of an hour or more.

Even more discouraging is when leaders of Orgs, or their officers are given a spoiler days before something happens, just to make sure it's "ok". The mystery is gone, and with number dwindling in a lot of RP Orgs, almost everyone knows what going to happen before it does, just because it was cleared with them first. now that I've gotten off course let me come back to the quote above. What if we use other RPers, not involved in said choosen storyline, to play the GMs for the other conflicting Orgs?

Example being The NLF and Pols clash, like two cats in a gym bag... again, They could use a non involved un-biased player (Say Dabblez, Bearel, Keanne, ect ) to ref the distribution of information, and so forth. This way no one will have to worry about getting screwed if they take part in a player event (Haw haw! My Org iz bettar RPs than urs!) and nothing gets spoiled for those that wish to get involved. It'll also keep that teeny tiny flame of hope burning, that yes, people still RP.
    Point Blank

Exciting idea Kotts. Let me just say about the confrontrations from our (omni-pol) perspective that any kind of direct confrontration with the police force is hard to do and is often not very fruitful. Reason is that the very thing we are supposed to do is to take the other party out. The police ultimately has only that option in a direct confrontration, the dead-end, more dead the better.

In other words, we are very aware of this impenetrable wall, if we RP'd cops in a straightforward fashion, we would hit our heads into it all the time. We need to walk parallel to it, and preferable a fair distance from the wall. OOC we do not want to arrest anyone, but IC we would love nothing more. And these are thoughts about confrontration. However, there is more to policework than walking people to jail.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

I know Virta. It's rough to follow through when then only time an arrest sticks is when the other party is deleting a toon, or has quit playing. But ya'll stick too it any ways /salute.

Kinda makes me wish PVP wasn't so loot and level dependent. I'd love to see the Pols in riot gear clearing a street of unlawful clanners and/or Nuets.

sad truth of it is, though, about 50% of the people on ether side can't even attack their enemy. and the ones that do, well they still may not even be able to hit their enemy. Nothing like one advy clearing out an entire team. With those mechanics it doesn't really leave much room in any story lines for pvp. Which sticks.
    Point Blank

Next meeting should be taking place in first sunday of August, as in 5th of August, 18GMT in Reets.

do anyone have the log from the last meeting?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

September's meeting in sunday, 2nd of Sept, 18GMT in Reets.

Possible topics

*Omni-Academy
    *My way of roleplaying (I'd like to hear someone's version)
    *Micro-events ?

What's the Omni-Academy? No, really.

Dabblez..... and for all those with access to BoD.... http://www.ot-affiliates.org/viewtopic.php?t=747 Omni-Academy idea
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Thanks for the link.

Greencoat this Sunday?

As can be expected, October's Green Cloaks meeting will take place in 7th of October, 18.00 GMT in Reets.

I get always confused - is GMT four, five or six hours ahead of EST?
    9 out of 10 Leets prefer Omni Mining. The tenth Leet is a traitor and will be dealt with.
    Marrok

GMT is london time -2 hours, so just go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ and check where you live
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

((18:00 GMT = 14:00 EST ie - 2pm New York time....right now it is -4. during the winter it will be -5.))
    Dr. Alexsey Tereskov, Major, Medical Services
    Omni-Tek Armed Forces, Urban Division

OT-AF Urban Division

Short Answer:

In game press F9. The time displayed is always GMT.

Long Answer:

The difference between GMT and EST is always 5 hours. What makes it complicated is daylight savings.

London is only on GMT time part of the year. Right now we are on British Summer Time, (BST) which is GMT +1. New York, I believe is currently on EDT which is EST+1. So while the relative time difference between London and New York is the same (mostly), the time difference between local time and GMT will vary depending on the time of year. That is unless you live in one of those enlightened places where there is no daylight savings time like Iceland, Arizona and Indiana, I think.

Don't you wish you'd stuck to the short answer now?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast