Thread: Attack rating: hwo it work and how to increase it?

Question Attack rating: hwo it work and how to increase it?

What things can affect attack rating?
    Those i suppose that affect:
    -weapon that u use skill
    -initiative
    -??

If i use ranged weapons will braw or dimach increase my attack rate?

And i use a ql 200 home and a 153 missile, my attack rate is 735
    as an opifex eng. shotgun is maxed and init is maxed too, how can i increase my attack rate?

I noticed that when u use basic buffs (expertize) the amount of buff is added direct to your rating number (20 expertize = +20 attack rate).

If i raise pistol skill (that my second weapon requires), will my attack rate increase too?

And will the attack rate increase at the same rate like the shotgun skill (that my main weapon uses) does when i raise it?
    (couldnt formulate the question in another way :/ i hope u undestand what i mean)

And since my main weapon (Home defender) dont use pistol skill will the added attack rate benefit it too?

I realy would apreciate any clarify on this.

Adriela Age

Re: Attack rating: hwo it work and how to increase it?

Originally posted by Marc
    What things can affect attack rating?
    Those i suppose that affect:
    -weapon that u use skill
    -initiative
    -??
    If you look at your weapons it will say
    Attack Skills: Shotgun 100%
    or maybe, Assault Rifle 67% Ranged Energy 33%

Your attack rating is <skill> * % + <second skill> * second % ... etc. Initiatives and special atacks have no effect on attack rating.

If you use a weapon that is 100% shotgun, your shotgun skill equals your attack rating. End of story. If you're using a weapon that's 67% shotgun 33% pistol, your attack rating is .67 * shotgun skill + .33 * pistol skill.

If i use ranged weapons will braw or dimach increase my attack rate?
    Raising any special will not affect your attack rating in any way.

And i use a ql 200 home and a 153 missile, my attack rate is 735 as an opifex eng. shotgun is maxed and init is maxed too, how can i increase my attack rate?
    If you are wielding multiple weapons, you will see the attack rating of the weapon in you rmain hand under your stats. The weapon in your off-hand may have a different attack rating which it will not show.

I noticed that when u use basic buffs (expertize) the amount of buff is added direct to your rating number (20 expertize = +20 attack rate).

If i raise pistol skill (that my second weapon requires), will my attack rate increase too?
    Buffing your weapons skills and spending IP on them will cause your attack rating to go up.

And will the attack rate increase at the same rate like the shotgun skill (that my main weapon uses) does when i raise it?
    (couldnt formulate the question in another way :/ i hope u undestand what i mean)

And since my main weapon (Home defender) dont use pistol skill will the added attack rate benefit it too?

I realy would apreciate any clarify on this.

Adriela Age [/B]
    Again, raising skills that your weapon doesn't have listed as an ATTACK SKILL will not affect the attack rating. So raising pistol won't help your Home Defender. But it will help your Raid 9x. You only will see the attack rating of your HD in your stats menu, because that's your 'main hand' weapon.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.