Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions for the Neutrals

A few questions for the Neutrals

Where do you guy get teams?, Where do you hunt besides Borialis and NL? How hard is it to level?

Just curious.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

The few times I've joined teams the teams formed at Newland City, Borealis, 20K, and Broken Shores.

I've rarely hunted anything but endless robots for my Not-Clan and Not-Omni Shoulderpads.

I've leveled to 100 almost entirely solo. Hasn't been difficult but I can see trying to solo to level 200 will be slow.

Cheers.

We go to the same places where everybody else goes...... duh

(yes, Tir and Broken Shores)

Thank you Reality for suck a jackarse answer..my faith in people that only post to hear themselves is held alive.

The reason I am asking is that I see Neutrals getting killed by clan guards in Athen. Now isn't Tir clan controlled?
    Hemicrusher

Ahem

Neutrals are not attacked by any guards anywhere.

They are attacked by civilians, which can cause the guards to attack as well

Us Neutrals, since we have free roam of _all_ of habitable rubika, literally team where _everyone_ else teams. That includes a wide range of places such as Tir by the Grid term, Omni Entertainment by the BB, NLC by the BB sign, Athens West by the Save Term, Home (BS) by the Stairs, 20k in front of the General Store, Lush Hills, Avalon, Greater Tir County, Omni Trade, Wine, etc.., etc..., etc...

It is recommended that you reach level 15 before you start wandering outside of NLC, though. Probably, you should reach level 50 before trying for the far to reach places. By the time you are at level 100, it really doesn't matter, all of the popular teaming places should be easilly within your reach (especially if you have a yalm).

CharleyD got it bang on. However, I usually go to Omni-1 Ent because the OT cities are generally safer than clan cities, e****ally Athen.

Martov, shouldn't that tell you something about clanners?

/me grins ducks and hides from clanners now.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

I would say that living up in that big 'ol desert up there, all those sandstorms have ruined their vision to the point where they all see is a big target on my back.

First levels solo or teams in Newland city (if you are lucky)
    around 20 or so to Rhino Cockpit if you plan to hunt.
    40 odd to lush fields through the harry's grid point (almost due east, avoid the outpost since you will be snacked by the slayers there)
    After that it is generally 20k or Tir
    then around 100 BS
    and between 125 and 150 Newland City again.

Levelling isn't that much harder. Clan and omni have enough people willing to use the few usefull trade skills for neutrals.
    Only thing that will slow it down is the not having a tokenboard. The experience bonus does add up eventually. The other bonusses are not that relevant (unless you happen to be an implant builder IIRC).

And clan cities are not unsafer that is after level 15 to 20 (depends on who you ask).

Originally posted by Hemicuda
    Thank you Reality for suck a jackarse answer..my faith in people that only post to hear themselves is held alive.

The reason I am asking is that I see Neutrals getting killed by clan guards in Athen. Now isn't Tir clan controlled?

Only the low level neutrals. Guards (and cannons) don't aggro, but NPCs do. And Athen has this pesky doctor mob out to kill us. Tir is safe for neutrals at all levels.
    Now at 121 there's only a few places I should avoid, those include Omni-1 HQ, 2ho, 4Holes and any omni outpost with Slayerdroids (yes those aggro too.... Mr Ross considers us Omni employees so it's only logical that slayers attack us, right ?). They won't be able to kill me unless I'm not paying attention now but it's so annoying.

I'm really surprised someone of your level doesn't know, or never seem to have teamed with a neutral. We're all over the place.
    My apologies since it seemed to come out wrong but 'Where do you hunt besides Borialis and NL?' didn't look like a serious question to me.

Originally posted by reality
    Only the low level neutrals. Guards (and cannons) don't aggro, but NPCs do. And Athen has this pesky doctor mob out to kill us. Tir is safe for neutrals at all levels.[/B]
    Haven't run into the Doc mob yet - what sort of level are we talking about here?

I've had low-levels aggroed by Fresh Clan Agent mobs and the like in Athen, which is usually just some free entertainment once you're past level 5 or so. The only exception was when said agent aggroed me as I ran past the automated gun turrets (why don't we have those? Maybe the ICC will bring some with them...) which was irritating since a level 8 MA, even a 'Trox, can't withstand a 4000hp crit. However, heading back to Athen to beat our budding Mr Bond to death in the street more than made up for it IMO

Cheers,

~R~

You haven't seen that Fresh Clan Doctor ? Amazing, when I go there with a low level I *always* run into him. There are more mobs but I always have to fight that doc. Ah well at level 15 or so he's grey and athen is safe from then on

Yep that Doc hates neutrals!

I must say that a good proportion of my time, I solo. (but that is also due to the fact I am an engie)

In fact the only time I team, is when I see guildmates and friends getting teams together. (I havn't teamed with people I don't know in about 70 lvls now)

As for aggro, 4 holes grid point is a big no no without a yalm.

Well....

After reading so many posts on the Story board I decided to look at neutrality for myself for a bit.

Being familiar with Omni-1 I figured I'd look around for missions myself.

Here's the list for lvls 20 and under that are easily manageable:

Borealis. Even at QL40 missions in Borealis terminals come up that are inside Borealis. Holes in the Wall isn't much of a walk either.

Harry's. A neutral can get to Harry's very easily (Newlands - ICC, ICC - Omni Trade, run in straight line from whompa and you're there). Obviously almost the entirety of the rest of Lush Fields as well, except near the OPs.

Omni-1. There are mission terminals in some places around Omni-1 that neutrals can use (the easiest ones to find are just outside the Relax! bar). They'll almost always give you missions in or near Omni-1 (Entertainment, Trade, Omni-Forest or Harry's) even at QL40-50.

I try to avoid Newlands because I can't stand the lag.

As for groups, I've never had a problem getting goups when I'm in the mood. Borealis seems to be perfectly fine for a young neutral to find groups. Failing that I've been attached to both Clan and Omni groups when wandering around in Clan or Omni territory.
    Last edited by Crazynotion; Aug 28th, 2002 at 14:19:28.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Originally posted by reality
    I'm really surprised someone of your level doesn't know, or never seem to have teamed with a neutral. We're all over the place.
    Hey...I'm lvl200 and I've never teamed with a neutral...and the only one I've seen who isn't gray is Sebor...
    Yagyu for life

Well there are only few neutrals above 100 and less then 35 over 150. Might be a bit though to find non grey's then
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Yea...but Reality and I are on rk2, so it's even harder to find them...there are only 2 on the server that wouldn't be gray to me. So I was wondering why he thinks that its very rare for someone to have never teamed with a fence-sitter...err neut
    Yagyu for life

Honestly I avoid teaming with any other factions besides Clan.....maybe that explaines my ignorance. I just find it a huge pain to team with other factions because of the "Tab" problem of trying to target a MoB.

I was thinking of starting a neuter for RP reasons, and was just curious how hard it was to gain some levels.

BTW I did team with some neutrals when I was around lvl 8 and the missions was in Athen.....well they kept getting picked off by guards, or maybe it was NPC's then the guards agroing.
    Hemicrusher

So, I'm one of only 35? Kinda gives ya a warm fuzzy to know just about every single person in your level range. Likewise when a group is forming, /tells ring out across the guilds for persons interested in a full-neut group.

As a Neutral MP at 161 I usually get more /tells asking to group than I do begging for Mochams.

There's also something about the Neutral Community above 150 that's kinda special. Probably has something to do with weeding out those who sell their souls for a Token Board and some Trinkets.

The Story (so far) also hasn't really done anything to make either side appear as anything more than bickering children.

if you want non misison hunting spots that are not so quite run of the mill

6-18 try holes in the wall
    18-35-40ish Stret West bank

you can team happily with anyone as a neut. although missions will give you mixed mobs which may annoy the sided players hehe. also you have to tab through your team mates so you can say
    "damm clanners mucking up tab"

or use /assist
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast