Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Booster price decided

Angry Booster price decided

I saw on the launcher that the booster pack will sell for $19.99 and will include the orginal client....

Does that mean we'll have to pay for a new client too? Or will there be a 'special offer - just for you my friend'? (or maybe that was the special offer.

Clarification please!

The $19.99 is the cost for the booster pack. And the booster pack will include the full client software.

Currently no plans on offering the booster without the full client.

why not?

in my household we have 2 accounts, that means we have to buy 2 new clients to get the booster pack. Dosent seem fair to me.

That seems to me as breaking from the "card booster pack like" idea.

Correct me if I am wrong, but booster packs for card sets tend to not include the original base items.

It doesn't really matter why not, does it? It's what they've decided.

And, if you think about it, it makes sense. If you do not already own the game, you can purchase the booster and be able to play the whole thing, booster included.

Ok! So it's kinda like a:

AO SEbox+Booster ?

If not I suggest that!

I.e take current SE box. Add "+ Land Control Booster Pack"
    or something to the front.

Otherwise same content as SE box but with the Booster in addition.

Then add a downloadable Booster pack.
    You log into account page. "Pay" for the booster on your card/etc.
    You then get mailed the um activation key I guess?
    And you can dl booster, install, enter the personal/serial activation key and off ya go.

Any chance of this?

I esp suggest the SE+Booster box thingy. why?
    Reuse of packaging.
    Heck. you could use the EXACT same packaging as SE box.
    Justy add a sticker saying "+ Land Control Booster Pack" on it.
    And if room. (didnt check) put the booster on the 2nd/bonus CD.
    And put a note in the box with the Booster activation key/serial.

What do the rest of ya guys think?

This should cater very well for entirely new players.
    (i.e the full release+booster)

While existing players can choose to buy it or charge their card and dl the rather large update.
    (or just order a cheap CD-R with the booster and with the key/serial note)
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

And, if you think about it, it makes sense. If you do not already own the game, you can purchase the booster and be able to play the whole thing, booster included.

and if you think about it, it dosent make sense to sell a game to someone that already have purchased it. If you already have dished out the $20 for the orginal game, why should you pay for it one more time?

Heh, I'm an original subscriber, I dished out way more than $20 for it . That's the point - you can wait forever, I mean, who knows, maybe the booster will be included for free, so to speak, in some future package, like the expansion. You just can't worry about your past purchase price when it comes to stuff like this.

So I have to buy the whole game again? That is just wrong! It is not a booster. Remove that name. That is not what it is.

Hmm...what options I have. Buy AO on the shelves for $29.95 or buy AO with the booster for $19.95.

Hey guys, I already have the game!! I don't need another key or copy! What about applying the 30 day subscription to an exsisting account and tossing that disk away? Is that an option?
    Zepto
    President to the Order of Kauket
    NanoTechnician

well, the way i read Cz answer is that there is only the option of buying the whole set, i.e orginal game + booster. And that ticked me off a bit

(edit: spelling)

I know it's very popular to bash, and I've done my fair share, but give these guys some credit, really. It seems pretty clear that the game alone (without the booster) will not cost more than the game plus booster.

My point above is that it won't always be equal regarding the sales prices. I bought the game at release, and paid $50 or $60 for it (I forget which, now). People bought the game after me for much less (evidently some on this thread). Should I have gotten some sort of retroactive compensation for your sales price?

If you had decided to already purchase this and were willing to pay $20 for it, then I really am having a difficult time getting a handle on why you are upset that includes more than just the booster itself. That seems illogical to me.

Wasnt the reason the damn booster was going to cost money was because it was "too big to download"? well...here is a logical solution, remove the damn client from it and sell it (if you MUST) for $5, Or start a server for people wanting this feature so they can pay a little more for the added "fun"

As it is I will not be getting the booster... $15 american here is actually a fair bit of cash *sigh at my exchange rate*
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

How about this then?

You buy booster. (and get a new AO key obviously as well)

You go to your account page. Enter/apply the key
    to your existing account. And you are given the 1 month free period.

That would mean 19.99-12.95 = 7.04 dollars.

If they JUST could do that then buying the pack wouldnt be so bad after all.
    Esp considering that the pack will most likely contain um version 15.0 or something on it

What ya think of this idea Cz? Could you pull one of the marketing guys over to look at this thread? Esp this post hehe.

My suggestion would make lots of people happy.

You guys still get a box on the shelves for Xmas.
    New players get the full setup+booster.
    Existing players get the "extra" cash they pay refunded in form of
    1 month free. ain't that a nice Xmas gift?

heh, no intetion of bashing you, just got a little ticked off.

The whole community have asked for them to make the booster downloadable for those that already have an account, that way we wouldnt have to pay for the CD,box and all that stuff that add cost to it.
    It seems they havent paid ant attention to that, and that just got me angry. Its not that i dont think it would be 'worth' it, just that paying a lot of money to locale game store, shippers and so forth dosent make FC any better off. So i'd rather pay $20 directly to FC, than seeing half of it gotten eaten by middle men, so to speak.

so, no bashing (of you) intended

Im confused

Originally posted by Cz
    The $19.99 is the cost for the booster pack. And the booster pack will include the full client software.

Currently no plans on offering the booster without the full client.
    This does mean i'm paying for a new account/ CD-key which of course i wont use. I already have two accounts. Cz im not tring to be mean But this is alittle confusing. From the sounds of this FUNCOM will stop marketing AO and start marketing the booter pack which has the client in it. Which i thought the booster was supposed to be an inbetween to the expansion pack. So i purchased AO back when it was around $39.00 USD and now your selling this for $19.00 !!

If this is just the client software and booster!
    Why should you charge us for a software package we have already purchased?

I'm sorry, i must be missunderstanding !
    Can you clear this up for me?

Question

I'm still wondering if I have to buy a booster for every account :/ probably yes.

Gridfan's idea is good, give that free month to existing customers while letting people new to AO be able to get into the game including booster for only $20.

That would bring the true 'price' to current customers to only $7-10 (depends on your billing)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

It's a deal then :P

We the current subscribers will only accept the booster price/package if we get that ao key exchanged for 1 free month :P

Umm

Originally posted by Mercatura
    I'm still wondering if I have to buy a booster for every account :/ probably yes.

Gridfan's idea is good, give that free month to existing customers while letting people new to AO be able to get into the game including booster for only $20.

That would bring the true 'price' to current customers to only $7-10 (depends on your billing)
    They posted before and the answer is yes.
    1 Booster per account.

Actually, I prefer it this way (client + booster). This will at least give me a hard copy of a fully patched client to reinstall if I ever have to do such a thing. No worries of finding the right patch or DLing all the previous patches to reinstall. (I'm on a dial-up)

I too paid $50 orginally, and I will buy the booster at $20.

new nano

new nano

Name: Christmas Bonus

Description: Bored of your executive lifestyle? Cast this "situational nano" to increace the size of your wallet over the Christmas period.

Modifier: Wallet 104%
    Lvl Req: CEO

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast