Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of Token Board / Token use Ideas..vote if you like

Cool List of Token Board / Token use Ideas..vote if you like

Ok everyone here is a list of ideas for token boards and tokens in general. Some are reused from other threads and conversations ( so I didn't think all these up ). If you like any/some/none of these ideas, feel free to post your opinions on them.

1. Terminal or NPC for trading in your token board and having X number of tokens depending on your level deducted from your token count in exchange for a new blank token board and a no drop IPR point adding idem. X could be 1-300 tokens depending.

2. Specials item terminals that have items in them that cost tokens instead of credits. This idea could expand to rare items or some boss only loot as well. The cost would have to be steep for the really rare stuff (like 600+ tokens for Grid Armor 3 or 4). These terminals could also only have "token only items" that have "tokens earned" requirements on them as wear requirements.

3. Add token requirements or tokens cost as a requirement for "cosmetic surgery"

4. Add powerful "summoned" type items that can be purchased with tokens. These items could be all sorts of things but would have timers on them that last 5-120 minutes (depending). PS - add a field in the ID panel for the item so You know how much time is left on it. These special weapons could come fully loaded but have a fixed number of uses/ammo (hence you can't reload them).

5. Add new Vehicles or Vehicle options (like pink Cars) to the system and require tokens to be used to purchase/upgrade them. Add me a Combat Pony and I’ll be set!

6. Add a new Miir terminal that requires tokens and has cool "combat type cloaks" that can be worn in combat but don't give any major bonuses. Uniform coats, flashy coats, maybe ones that add small bonuses and special commissioned ones that are actually new looking AND have good ACs. (Add me the combat thong )

--There are other ideas I’m sure Feel free to add them and I’ll expand the list. Enjoy.

Did I really catch all these ideas already? Don't think so

Talking I like #2

Put various token costs on things like grid armor 4 at 3k tokens, then people would have to work up to 4k tokens in order to keep their boards over 1k.

This will also keep people from buying up a lot of things to flood the market because they'll be depleting their token counts.

This also gives people a reason to do missions past either 1k tokens or level 200:

Edge of Tarasque - 2999 tokens.

Ugh, token reqs...PLEASE NO!

Level 94, and I only have 112.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

my personal opinion is to:
    have separate toekns for solo missions, so that soloers are rewarded for taking the hardest route to level 200... of course there is no way to pick up those who have already gotten solo tokens.

Because of team missions, everyone gets a 1k board now... it's quite sad... when every mission yields 7 tokens and it takes 5-10 missions to level then every level is 35 to 70 tokens... you have you can get a 1k board easily

how about different kinds of tokens that and new token boards:

current tokens + token board

then in solo missions you have a % chance of certain other tokens which raise different things, but I guess it would be rough to make a token board that is better than the one there currently is... I guess I'd rather just see the token rewards reduced.

But people always complain about things that are hard and getting 1k tokens use to be hard and incredibly time consuming...

too many people would rather start off lvl 200 with 1k board than start out level 1 and work towards things. If the 1k board were very difficult to obtain, at least there would be something to do, when bored at higher levels...
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Originally posted by Demono
    my personal opinion is to:
    have separate toekns for solo missions, so that soloers are rewarded for taking the hardest route to level 200... of course there is no way to pick up those who have already gotten solo tokens.

Because of team missions, everyone gets a 1k board now... it's quite sad... when every mission yields 7 tokens and it takes 5-10 missions to level then every level is 35 to 70 tokens... you have you can get a 1k board easily

how about different kinds of tokens that and new token boards:

current tokens + token board

then in solo missions you have a % chance of certain other tokens which raise different things, but I guess it would be rough to make a token board that is better than the one there currently is... I guess I'd rather just see the token rewards reduced.

But people always complain about things that are hard and getting 1k tokens use to be hard and incredibly time consuming...

too many people would rather start off lvl 200 with 1k board than start out level 1 and work towards things. If the 1k board were very difficult to obtain, at least there would be something to do, when bored at higher levels...
    Demono,

Agreed (somewhat). I didn't like the old system and I expected the token number to go up with title level (not up to 6-7 tokens in the 126ish level range). I look at it as water under the bridge now.

As for tokens, I think giving players a chance to "trade off" their token counts to attain items or services would be a great boost to the solo mission runner (least up to level 130ish). It is really hard, if you are truly going to go it solo, to get boss loot or items that you really need to keep up your ability to solo. This might be a way to even things out for solo players.

As for "solo mission only" tokens, my only concern would be the return of teams doing solo missions or teams (doc/MPs) helping solo's do solo missions. I guess it is possible with some changes to the solo mission system

I would also make any token purchased items no drop uniques.

Honbo

Originally posted by Honbo
    I would also make any token purchased items no drop uniques.

Honbo
    Agreed. Any of the real good items should be no drop uniques but some of the stock stuff should be normal (so if you bought Grid Armor you could give it away if you wanted just like any other nano crystal). However, a special Battle Suit that is accually useful and doesn't increase nano cost and gives good protection, built in reflection, etc...should be No Drop Unique becuase the one to got it should be the one who earned the tokens in the first place and spent them to get the suit over having a higher board.

Re: List of Token Board / Token use Ideas..vote if you like

Originally posted by Meligant
    Ok everyone here is a list of ideas for token boards and tokens in general. Some are reused from other threads and conversations ( so I didn't think all these up ). If you like any/some/none of these ideas, feel free to post your opinions on them.

1. Terminal or NPC for trading in your token board and having X number of tokens depending on your level deducted from your token count in exchange for a new blank token board and a no drop IPR point adding idem. X could be 1-300 tokens depending.

2. Specials item terminals that have items in them that cost tokens instead of credits. This idea could expand to rare items or some boss only loot as well. The cost would have to be steep for the really rare stuff (like 600+ tokens for Grid Armor 3 or 4). These terminals could also only have "token only items" that have "tokens earned" requirements on them as wear requirements.

3. Add token requirements or tokens cost as a requirement for "cosmetic surgery"

4. Add powerful "summoned" type items that can be purchased with tokens. These items could be all sorts of things but would have timers on them that last 5-120 minutes (depending). PS - add a field in the ID panel for the item so You know how much time is left on it. These special weapons could come fully loaded but have a fixed number of uses/ammo (hence you can't reload them).

5. Add new Vehicles or Vehicle options (like pink Cars) to the system and require tokens to be used to purchase/upgrade them. Add me a Combat Pony and I’ll be set!

6. Add a new Miir terminal that requires tokens and has cool "combat type cloaks" that can be worn in combat but don't give any major bonuses. Uniform coats, flashy coats, maybe ones that add small bonuses and special commissioned ones that are actually new looking AND have good ACs. (Add me the combat thong )

--There are other ideas I’m sure Feel free to add them and I’ll expand the list. Enjoy.
    This is some GREAT ideas. Add 1 token board to game to, so u have 1 board for the regular token board, and one "shop board" so u dont end up with 600 tokens in your inv.. ;D would take ALOT of bags .

I would GLADLY do 1000 missions just to know that i CAN get a GAmk4 for it. And can u even imagine the satisfaction i would feel once i've done it.. woo..

I remember a friend who played at launch that blitz missions with his lvl 30-40 soldier for 4 days.. ALL THE TIME, so he could buy a Yalmaha. Belive me, he was very happy afterwards so again, Tokens for item? i say HELL YEA!!!!! Bump bump bump bump!!!
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

Get up there ^

Originally posted by Alvador
    Get up there ^
    hehe. Glad you like the ideas

As for "having room to hold your tokens", your token count is just a number. You can check it at any time by right click on your token board Now, is some cases you could make a trade require an "unused" token and others you could just reduce the players token count #.

Enjoy.

I'd rather see more boards.

Special or simple bonus items should be kept as a money sink idea.

More boards after 1k, along the lines of the balaclava/ncu hackers interface. They should focus along the lines of trade skills and other minor skills.

If any more combat oriented mods are added people will feel forced to upgrade to keep up, therefore they shouldn't add any more of those.

After 1k tokens, you should only receive 1 token per mission. The first upgrade you make should flatten your count to the board.

Bump ^^

I'd be happy with some elaborate clothing that looks high-ranking. Like epilets and hash marks for soldiers. I'm sure any profession could have a high-rank look.

Exclamation token and neutrals

Ofcourse, this idea would exclude neutrals from such a reward since we dont get tokens at all.

/Jer

True, but that fact you can wear both Alvin's and Dodga's pads has got to be a bit of a bonus?

I'd rather be able to trade in my tokens for items than get bonuses from having enough tokens on my token board.

But then again, thats me.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

I totaly agree! Great ideas

GA1 is now 50m+ just way out of the range of causal players who cant team up a lot... people that have 10 or so hrs a week playing time. prehaps more, but not like those that can sit in front of a monitor 8 hrs a day.(wish i could)

the nano should be increased similar to finding any other Fixer, adv, MA, agent nano in boss loot.

(tokens could solve this PROVIDED you give the same rewards in solo as in team)

Anyone ever hear of jury rigged analyzer going for 60M? Well why not? it adds QL 200(give or take) ncu to a lvl 50 char.

give it some thoght..... oh an put it in game by 14.8

Fantastic Idea!

^^

Going up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast