Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Follow-up player meeting: 15th October 18.00GMT in Reet Retreat

will never catch me alive or dead in a green cloak.. so I am glad you all know I am 100% IC.. cause to me that idea is as green as the cloak you suggest :P

NPCs already started to take over the idea. Just that Miss Delenick didn't had much to say

NPC with green cloak
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

First of all, my apologies but due to real life commitments it’s unlikely I can make this meeting. I thought I would throw in some ideas which if you like might help flesh out the agenda.

The perennial problem with roleplaying in AO (and I expect any mmoprg) is that roleplayers require stuff to roleplay about. Ideally what they need is a constant influx of new, interesting and accessible roleplaying content (as in in-game events, news items, storylines) for their characters to use in some way.

Without an injection of new roleplaying content, things tend to get stale and just playing the game as written does not create this content. The world itself is very static; the official story progress very slowly and things are designed to re-spawns and resets. Most things worth doing have been done by thousands of players before and it is very difficult for anyone to do something significant.

The supply of new and genuinely accessible roleplaying content is limited in that there are very few people (within FC itself, Ark or just among regular players) able and willing to invest time into creating this content, let alone persistent enough to see these projects through to its natural conclusion. The demand for new roleplaying content by contrast is comparatively much higher, not because there are so many roleplayers, but because this is a persistent, 24/7 world. To draw an analogy, the GM of a tabletop roleplaying game only needs to prepare content for one 3-4 hour game session per week, which may include 3-4 players. The typical "event officers" of a roleplaying guild has perhaps 10-50 players looking for content all around the clock.

I don't see there is any simple address this imbalance. It would be nice if more people stepped up to the challenge, starting creating more roleplaying content for everyone or maybe joined the perpetually short-staffed Ark Event team. Short of that though the question is than about making the most of the existing content we do have.

And in the context of making the most of what we already have, a couple of things come to mind.

(1) Communications. If roleplaying content is already short in supply, that last thing we need is for the little that exists to go unnoticed. We’ve already had one success in that the IRRK channel is back (thanks guys!). It may be worth discussing practical ways so that that relevant player-generated news can be send to Ark for publishing over this channel.

Always on the subject of communications, it may be worth having a discussion about how, within our orgs, we spread news and in general support roleplaying. I am sure we all do things slightly differently but maybe stuff we can learn from each other.

(2) The Omni Board of Director. Within the context of making the most of what we have, I can’t shake off the feeling that the BoD meetings maybe need a little rethinking. I do not wish to sound overly critical on this subject and I honestly do appreciate the effort that goes into it. What I do see however is on one hand a very significant commitment on the part of the Ark Event team and on the other very little response from the community. I think it probably is worth discussing how, without in any way adding to the Event teams workload, we can get a lot more out of the BoD. I only mention the BoD, I don't know much about the state of the CoT though from the outside at least it does seem a lot livelier the BoD.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    I only mention the BoD, I don't know much about the state of the CoT though from the outside at least it does seem a lot livelier the BoD.
    Not so much really... same thing, people got bored listening to nothing happening. small victory was that Astera and crew have been cracking the whip as far as time goes, so we ain't stuck there for 4 hours.

The meeting is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Not so much really... same thing, people got bored listening to nothing happening. small victory was that Astera and crew have been cracking the whip as far as time goes, so we ain't stuck there for 4 hours.
    Yesterday we had 6 players at the BoD representing the whole 4 organisations. There were more "Greenies" than players, though I suspect there is a good deal of dual-logging from the Arks.

In actual fact it was a pretty fun meeting, but in the context of supporting the roleplaying server-wide, I don't think it's really reaching a whole lot of people.

I'm not sure that i'm comfortable with phrase "cracking the whip".

Fayelure is really the one who reminds us that something is running too long or we need to end a discussion and move it to the forums so we don't run too far over. Bringing something to the forums, for me, means ending the discussion once and for all. If it goes there, it dies because no one uses them.

We do get more people than 4 organizations but it isn't much more. 8 to 12representatives at best, 6 is average...not to mention the guests they're allowed to bring. It at least makes it feel full and you know that there are more people that at least can sit and listen and offer their opinions.

Damn, I missed it...wife aggro!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Meeting Logfile available on AO-Universe:

http://www.ao-universe.com/viewtopic.php?t=1074
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

Thanks for the logs Khuri.

And again RL prevented me from being there *pouts*
    Hopefully next time.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Quote Originally Posted by Sary View Post
    Hopefully next time.
    Next time is discussed in this thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=465596

I know
    Or was that meant more in general?
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer