Thread: Can't see some people

Question Can't see some people

Yesterday evening, we were having our weekly meeting in our guild, but a strange bug had occured. Some people, like me, were unable to see some guys although they were in the same room. We were able to chat, to private chat, but not to see them.
    If you want, I have a screenshot
    Look here for the screen
    Slayer6900 was supposed to be in front of me, but the chair seems to be empty, and Ambrevive had the same problem
    RK2 MP LvL 146
    "And if Her fate is not a portent of Apocalypse,
    Then the comet that graze nightskies
    Will surely cleanse of wrongs and reichs ,
    When You and I and all else dies."

Well, assuming they weren't sneaking at the time, there is a well known bug where some players simply can't see some other players. Frustratingly, this happens in team missions a lot. The work around is to have either the player with the vision problem or the invisible player either zone run outside of detection range and then come back. This usually fixes the problem.

It's very dangerous, though, to be in combat when the healer can't see you. Team heals still work in that situation, but not the direct heals.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Yes, we are sure no one was sneaking.
    But we try to zone (we were in the castle of Avalon and we leave the castle and re-enter it) but it doesn't work.
    RK2 MP LvL 146
    "And if Her fate is not a portent of Apocalypse,
    Then the comet that graze nightskies
    Will surely cleanse of wrongs and reichs ,
    When You and I and all else dies."

Here's another possibility. Some playfields are designed to hold a certain number of people. If too many people try to enter such a playfield, the enter another identical playfield instead. I've experienced this in the cyborg dungeon. In other threads, I've seen reports that there are actually 3 different castles. This was used by some people to go after the dragon multiple times in a single spawn.

If that's the problem, one way around it is to have an engie warp players to his location. That seems to always bring them to the version of the playfield that he is in.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops