Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pets on BS

Pets on BS

Today i had a bored 220 soldier kill my dog and robot(217) before he ran off with 50%hp

Do we need blockers aura to affect pets also?

i have docs triple dot mine to death and laugh as i tickle them
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

well were getting the new 24% reflect buff for pets, and as far as my db item reading knowledge goes, it stacks with our single RK reflect, so thats 48% reflect total for them now... which should help a lot in keeping them alive...

Void the fact that I wont be able to cast the new reflect nano... eh

I think a better solution would be to make pets invulnerable to damage on battle station, they could still be rooted, blinded, drained, ubted, etc etc and what have you, but you wouldnt be able to damage them...

I dont seem to have the ability to attack a soldiers dshark and have him run off to wait to repair it before entering battle again...

Oh yah and we got that new pet heal too, void the fact that I wont be able to cast that one either... even a 2k heal does nothing against capped FA-s and Bursts...

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    i have docs triple dot mine to death and laugh as i tickle them
    Seal wounds is ftw -o-
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Kirthas View Post
    Today i had a bored 220 soldier kill my dog and robot(217) before he ran off with 50%hp

Do we need blockers aura to affect pets also?
    Can you be more elaborate how this could have happened? I don't recall a soldier ever standing against me, and I'm not even a PvPer. Are soldiers suddenly developing an immunity to NSD?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Can you be more elaborate how this could have happened? I don't recall a soldier ever standing against me, and I'm not even a PvPer. Are soldiers suddenly developing an immunity to NSD?
    Well with most soldiers going nr 1 / 2 I don't see how it would be a problem... the norm for me is having to cast it 2/3 times for it to land on anyone, and generally 4+ to get it to land on a normal pvping soldier...

Secondly I dunno if someone dropped soldiers a massive AAD nano, but Ive had problems hitting them lately.. and I wasnt even able to perk install exp on one of them.. which is pretty amazing considering thats duck-exp and that fact that its a ****ing soldier whos evading it...

Maybe this just means I should reroll -o- ... I mean.. I thought 2350 AR was enough.. but I guess not
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

*edit* muha "I haven't pvped in some 6 months could you update me on the current state of engineer pvp"

Any semi-good soldier have immunity from NSD. It's called kiting. NSD is 10m range, kiting engi and pets while FA+Burst engi' pets is easy. You will hit sold with regulars and specials through ~45-50% reflect, pets won't hit him once unless you graft him for few seconds.
    Second soldier' defense is NR2. It really helps against NSD...
    So with 21k+ hp to withstand your beating, 8 sec bursts + 11 sec FAs - dog will be dead in 8 seconds (some lousy perk will take care of remaining 10%).
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Any semi-good soldier have immunity from NSD. It's called kiting. NSD is 10m range, kiting engi and pets while FA+Burst engi' pets is easy. You will hit sold with regulars and specials through ~45-50% reflect, pets won't hit him once unless you graft him for few seconds.
    Second soldier' defense is NR2. It really helps against NSD...
    So with 21k+ hp to withstand your beating, 8 sec bursts + 11 sec FAs - dog will be dead in 8 seconds (some lousy perk will take care of remaining 10%).
    qft the NR1/2 also negates our pet snare aura on the one prof it actually landed on sometimes...

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

First of all its so easy to kite pets, FA / Burst and run circles around the engie. Null space disruptor have 1m range so you must get very close to the soldier.
    ( kuznechik you said 10m all info i ever found is 1m range )

1. Due to LE its easier for people to go Notum Repulsor 1 or 2, Nanoresist have become much more important with LE. Trader borrow reflect and NT nukes piercing reflects, if i were a soldier i would also get all NR i could! Engineers didnt not get any huge boost in nanoskills exactly.

2. Due to change in how root grafts work(user get the nanorecharge bar now which is how it should be anyway) its hard to use graft and then run close to soldier to NSD cause then you are already in nanorecharge from the root graft and 1 'free moment stim' is enough to get rid of the crappy root.
    Unless the victim is simply standning in same spot and allowing me to recast and recast its pretty safe.

This doesnt count for all soldiers of course. Only those who are twinked and setup for pvp.

It's just that pets shouldnt be this easy to kill...

just my 2 cents

While this is all true, my last two weeks in BS have shown me that not all soldiers are smart, even if they -are- well equipped. Often times, the opposing side is pressing the teleporter to the entrance area of your side, soldiers will stand and camp, waiting for people to jump through and do something heroic. Lucky for us, we have blockers so unless there are 4 soldiers, 2 agents, and a partridge in a pear tree on the other side (and there some times is) you can run out, run up to the soldier or group, cast Null twice or so and than die a painful death.

Having 'friends' go through first makes it easier to cast a third time as the mob squad can unload their pent up aggression (aka specials, aka ALPHAPWNJOO!!!) on them instead of you.

I've also seen soldiers who are trying to help assault core just stand their while an engi waltzed up and practically hugged them with a knife in the back. Too bad engis don't have too much piercing support (see right arm symb).
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kirthas View Post
    ...Null space disruptor have 1m range so you must get very close to the soldier.
    ( kuznechik you said 10m all info i ever found is 1m range )

NSD has 10m Range.
    The Nano says in its description 1m because this is only the Basenano of the Aura.
    But the effect is 10m around the Engineer:

Null Space Disruptor

On Use
    User AOE 10m Null Space Disruptor 90 hits, 20s delay
    User AOE 10m Null Space Disruptor
    Main: Chavelle | Equip (slightly outdated)

Well did a full IPR and reperked to get into a semi-decent PVP gear and our pets still get killed by everyone and their grandmother. Dog is almost a waste of time and nano.

NSD yeah have a real hard time landing it the solja's just kite you and your pets while you and your pets slowly die.

Lots of professions can go NR1/2 now with LE can an engineer and still remain viable? I think not.

FC fix engies! Good lord just read the forums the people who actually play engineers know how to fix them.

For fun I popped out a Chicken Bot think he was with me only 25% of the time in BS other than that he was uploading data to some corners and walls.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrofish888 View Post
    For fun I popped out a Chicken Bot think he was with me only 25% of the time in BS other than that he was uploading data to some corners and walls.
    maybe that dong shaped nose the chicken has is like r2d2s little mechanical arm but without the usefulness of getting us out of tricky situations????
    Last edited by bungerman; Nov 21st, 2007 at 06:09:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami80 View Post
    NSD has 10m Range.
    The Nano says in its description 1m because this is only the Basenano of the Aura.
    But the effect is 10m around the Engineer:

Null Space Disruptor

On Use
    User AOE 10m Null Space Disruptor 90 hits, 20s delay
    User AOE 10m Null Space Disruptor
    *put's on glasses*
    Indeed i must have stared my eyes blind. Should be obvious when blind has same range and it is definitely 1m+++ because the effect is clearly visible on the aoe-targets.

There have been complaints about pet pathing for a long time, but I imagine no one remotely involved in the original coding is still around. And besides significantly changing (read: improving) a technical issue like that would require some brilliant coding to begin with I think.

Anyway what I was wondering is just; why not make 'pet warp' easily insta-castable?
    It's a stopgap solution really, and far from perfect, but I feel it would certainly help.
    After all why should I work (be casting a nano) for 10 seconds just to get pets that really should have been with me all the time?

And no one can claim this is technically unfeasable in any way I think, just reducing cast-time can't be that hard.

This improved pet-warp must work also in combat mode, maybe it would save the dog a few time, when you are in the deco room and yours pets not....

But how FC is going, they will change the nanoskill requirement for 2200 and it will need an another items to be casted
    Serial Mekakurg tradeskiller,
    Engineer 220/25/68
    Proud General of Athalantes

Swapping isnt playing !!

Quote Originally Posted by MekaKurg View Post
    But how FC is going, they will change the nanoskill requirement for 2200 and it will need an another items to be casted
    My bet is on engi/crat/mp nano with 2200 pm/si reqs.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Bumping this

Its a pita to have both your pets killed, spending whole duration in decon room for swapping armor set to cast pets. There isnt just enough time to swap armor, cast new pets, buff them and buff yourself.

The requirements of our pets are so high/freak high) cause they are so "great" and have no timer.

FC wants us to be Mech monkeys?

Im not a mean person i think but since ive made a new "main" ive been killing every dog i can find on Bs i dont even care about the engi just the dog .Dog has to die even if i die dog must die! Douse that make me a mean person ?

Im sorta taking my revenge for every 4 min ive spent on bs with my engi recasting my pet
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast