Thread: A Working Title: A Screw on the Loose

A Working Title: A Screw on the Loose

This quest is made to be done after Screwdriver 2, and a patch later.

To start this quest you:
    You change your Xan Data Core around and as you get to the base tradeskill configuration the Old NCU shakes. You figure out that you can hack the old ncu and use the data core on it to update it. This lets you use the HaHa nano to its full potential. However you need to change the Xan Data Core around to the hat to be able to continue the quest.

You execute Haha You’re an Engineer and end up in the Anti-Marvin zone again
    You “Hello, Where am, wait I remember now.”
    Anti-Marvin “Remember what?”
    You “I remember this place, I’ve been here many times before but I always forget it when I enter, you’d just push me out after having the same conversation over and over again.”
    Anti-Marvin “But you remember this time?”
    You “Yep, I totally remember everything that’s happened to me up until this point.”
    Anti-Marvin “Well guess it’s time then!”
    You “Time for what?”
    Anti-Marvin “I don’t know.”
    You “Oh, that was anti-climatic”
    Anti-Marvin “YEP! Now out you go you little bugger, GOOD LUCK and I won’t ever see you again!”
    You “What!? WAIT what’s going on he..”
    Anti-Marvin pushes you out of the nothingness

You fall from above number 9 and hit the ground with a thud
    Number 9 “That looked painful.
    You “Oh boy was it. Wait, your voice circuits are working fine, what time did I fall in to now?”
    Number 9 “None, you are in your correct frame of reference; however there is a dire problem that you need to take care of immediately.”
    You “Oh no what is it this time, Giant Hippos attacking with flaming wombats?”
    Number 9 “Worse I’m afraid, a Screw has gotten loose.”
    You “Oh, I have my screwdriver right here I’ll just fix whatever bolt is wrong on you and be on my way.”
    Number 9 “No, you dont understand, its a Screw... I am sorry <your name> the word does not translate well to your language.”
    You “Well I can just screw it back in to place with my screwdriver, where’s the screw at?”
    Number 9 “I am afraid that it will not be that easy, you should go talk to Number 8.”
    You “Oh, so there is a Number 8, where is he I’ll talk to him.”
    Number 9 “Inside the force field projection chamber, his systems were built to maintain the field.”
    You “Well that’s a problem since the shield is in the way and I can’t exit though that back door anymore.”
    Number 9 “The shield has failed on this side of the door; you should be able to zone in now.
    You “Wait, is he the one with the screw loose?”
    Number 9 “Human! It is not a retainer device that is loose it is… AGGG A SCREW!”
    You “Dude, slow your row, I’m sure it’s not that bad.”
    Number 9 “NOT THAT BAD!? IF THE SCREW IS ALLOWED TO STAY LOOSE YOUR WHOLE UNIVERSE WILL COLLAPSE IN ON ITSELF FORMING A SUPERMASSIVE SINGULARITY THAT WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING!”
    You “Wait, if our universe collapses wont that destroy everything?”
    Number 9 “ARGGG GO SEE NUMBER 8 IMMEDIATELY!”
    You “Calm don’t and don’t blow a resistor, I’m going already.”

You go to the back exit and sure enough you’re allowed to pass. Once again you find yourself walking where no other human has walked before, but this time you can’t break the feeling that maybe something is wrong. You come upon the fused door that now seems to have a small whole burnt though it, however it is too small for you to fit though. The door looks as if it would move if you had enough muscle to move it, but even your robots most likely don’t have that. You think to yourself “Only if I had an Enforcer to help” then you remember “Wait, I’m on RK I can warp.” You send a message to an enforcer friend asking for some hired muscle and he kindly offers to help you. You attempt to warp him to you but your systems bulk and inform you that the shielding is still too strong. Then a single Guardbot is standing next you, it looks heavily augmented however.
    You “Who are you?”
    Gate 5 “I’m Gate 5”
    You “Gate 5, is that some sort of joke?”
    Gate 5 “Not that I am aware of but I am not very aware.”
    You “Were did you come from and why are you here?”
    Gate 5 “I came from over there, and I am here to be a gate for you.”
    You “Who sent you?”
    Gate 5 “The king.”
    You “Well, what sort of gate are you?”
    Gate 5 “A relay though the shield; get some help in here so I can move on.”
    You try warping your Enforcer friend again, this time it works.
    The Enforcer pries open the door and reveals Number 8. Number 8 appears to be Ergo, but wearing a top hat.

You “Pardon me, but why are you wearing a top hat?”
    Number 8 “There’s a screw loose, I felt it was the best way to stay safe.”
    You “Is the loose screw under your hat?”
    Number 8 “I certainly hope not.”
    You “Well, what is going on?”
    Number 8 “In good time, pardon me a second I have something to take care of.”
    Number 8 turns to your Enforcer friend. “Friend, I thank you for prying that door open, however the events that are about to take place would place you at great harm, so please take this as a token of our gratitude and exit though the main building.”
    Number 8 spawns a “Perennium Blood Bat” or “Perennium Blood Mace” in the enforcers Inv, and will not continue the conversation until the enforcer has left the zone.
    Last edited by Technogen; Jan 11th, 2008 at 01:05:08.

I'm going to place this on hold for a week or so as the conversation feels forced. If you have any suggestions for plot line please feel free to state them.

seems like a good start to me. looking forward to more soon
    Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

i have an idea,but it involves hippos with death ray eyes,dragons and Mel Gibson wearing a one sleeved leather jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Quote Originally Posted by Palahere View Post
    i have an idea,but it involves hippos with death ray eyes,dragons and Mel Gibson wearing a one sleeved leather jacket.
    Also known as Pandemonium V2
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>