Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a game

Cool

Well, i never bother to look on what side a person is. Butt i yell at everyone if i see them on my camp site. :P

((The game has a backstory and opposing sides for a reason, and is called an MMORPG for a reason. Sometimes I RolePlay, sometimes I don't. But even when I am not Roleplaying I don't generally team with or buff Omnis, and I think that is pretty much the way the game makers intended it. Curiously, in OOC mode I am more likely to buff/team Omnis who RP a lot or are in orgs that primarily RP. I won't give so much as the time of day to an Omni who is in an org that is heavily involve in Tower wars. As for 'taking the game too seriously' it is pretty clear that the hard-core Tower/PvPers, and not the RPers, are the one's too fixated on the game. I also think a lot of the ppl who assume that anyone from the opposite faction should be ready to instantly team with them or buff them (when they are not at that instant in a fight with them) are ppl who look at the game as little more than a math equation. They follow the path of least resistance to leveling or getting combat buffs and that any clan/omni decision is simply more values to be plugged into the equation and cherry picked as a particular faction's advantages maximize their uberness equation. That the game even has a concept of good-vs-evil and that your choosing a side signifies how you lean in that regard is a relevation to them.))

I myself have found a nice happy medium. I can do either, without too much changing up.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

To Mechwarrior

(( Ok mechwarrior, first, this is an MMORPG, Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. People take the war seriously because they are roleplaying. To roleplayers, that is a real war. Right now, and i know you have probably heard this before, i am wondering why you must complain about those who play the game as the makers intended. It is like complaining about how everyone holds DVDs, when they are holding as instructed. I am a part-roleplayer, and when i get RPing, it really enriches my gaming experience. Roleplayers have personality traits for their characters, and they are just acting on those traits when they yell at Clan/Omni/Neutral. If a roleplayer is harassing you, then just send him/her a tell and politely say "I am not roleplaying right now, and you are somewhat annoying right now. Could you please stop?" If they are sensible, they should stop. If they don't stop, then just do a /cc ignore <name>. There is no need for everyone to stop roleplaying because someone else doesnt. So, i hope you follow my advice and may your characters flourish. ))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12