Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16.4 makes LE beta possible?

16.4 makes LE beta possible?

These engine changes made me very curious.. because it has been said in several threads that Lost Eden will probably hit live this year.. you would expect a beta server already being up. This isnt the case..

So are these engine changes making it possible for FC to put a LE beta server up? Because I know the game director spoke about Anarchy Online not being ready for an expansion like Lost Eden... so I hope these changes (and maybe some others that might be incoming later) will make the game ready for LE beta?

And no.. this is no game suggestion or a knowledge database post! (and its no tech help post ) Im just discussing the 16.4 patch from a LE point of view

Can funcom tell us anything about that?
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Retired Doc Professional
    ya know, i dont wanna see them rush LE, but they'll get it out by november for kid's christmas. its just natural marketing technique...

but if thats the case, should we be seeing beta stuff, um, now? or have they been beta-ing it already? cause it was in the first stages of beta earlier in the year if i remember correctly.

regardless, 16.4's upgrades definately wouldnt hurt LE
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    cause it was in the first stages of beta earlier in the year if i remember correctly.
    I dont think so.. if you can prove it.. show it lol
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Age of Conan has entered closed beta as of July/August, AFAIK. No word on Lost Eden.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Quote Originally Posted by Kzak View Post
    Age of Conan has entered closed beta as of July/August, AFAIK. No word on Lost Eden.
    Ever heard of the phrase "Indefinately Canned" ?
    We used to use that term with old console games that was announced, but never came out...

My 2 quid? I dont believe LE will come out, at least not this side of 2010.
    Not that I really mind either, 100% pvp patch is something I dont want to waste my money on

Well, back to OT, I think this has nothing to do with LE at all, it's just an attempt to reduce stutter and lag, nothing more. My opinion anyway =)

Gwennie
    Oriana Gwenneth Pendragon - 213/14 Keeper, Advisor of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

Benreddik Oilshake Fyfasan - 208/10 Trader, Veteran of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

someone posted a link to EB Games or something like that, it had a date of
    Jan 31 (i think) for the date. Of course this isn't guaranteed to be correct, but
    I'd be amazed if it was released before then.

And as for beta, don't think they're remotely close. I have a feeling whenever
    we get "informative" updates about LE it's because they just finally decided
    how whatever mechanic will work.
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.

I would guess january some time...WoW is coming out with an expansion then and Warhammer Online is coming sometime around then too...it makes sense from a marketing perspective cause the kiddies know something is coming, so they might ask for a gift certificate instead of a physical game...(easier on the parents too).
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

I agree with Gwenneth here, Lost Eden is never going to be released, it's another Starcraft: Ghost.

Wow, those claiming LE wont ever come out really dont know how to identify real vaporware....
    ಠ_ಠ

I think the announcement of LE was made simply to get peeps to hang around longer instead of running off to other games, or it would have been released already.

However I do concur that we'll probably see LE very soon, christmas is almost upon us, that's a key time to release something like that. Changes to the game engine and other things also indicates preparation for change.

As for it being pvp oriented...dont forget AI missions and ya never know FC might nerf advies so other people will actually go to the new battleships =p

Edit: You should also read the dev blogs for info on LE

With all my expiance with this game and the various people who run it, I highly doubt that LE will be released this year. Most likely You'll be seeing it summer of '07. Several of the standard pre-order websites have already listed LE for release at 1/1/07 However that information is a guess on their part and highly incorrect.

Given the fact that we've seen a lot of content updates&upgrades, and the fact that FC has stated several times now they are not going to rush LE I doubt you'll see it by christmas of this year. I stick with my assumption that you'll see it some time around march-aug of 07
    Last edited by zerogravity; Sep 24th, 2006 at 11:59:49. Reason: Adding more
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

seeing that a small patch takes about 2 weeks and a bigger about 2 months
    i second zero's assumption for mid 2007

those clean-up and improvement changes make me confident though,
    that something bigger is going to happen

I also believe that the "lost Expansion" won't be out for some time to come, approaching october and no word of closed letalone open beta testing, Burning Crusade hits the shelves in november IIRC which will soak up the christmas market and probably pry away other MMO players.

Unless FC are planning a spoiler i.e. release the same day, i think they will loose alot of their target market to WoW.

Also Anarchy Online isn't nearly as marketed as WoW, burning crusade is pretty well known, yet among the gaming community, Lost Eden is a meer pipe dream.

Not going to under-mime the patch notes, good job on the update, hope to see more of the same quality in future!
    Last edited by Anarchy; Sep 24th, 2006 at 16:47:34.

Burning Crusade won't steal many players from existing games as it's a post level 60 expansion for the most part (except the new space squid and legolas clone races). If you read the WoW forums you'll know that what Blizzard are actually doing is pushing the equipment gap even further apart than it already is, and if anything BC could lose them some subscriptions, especially if they don't get the farming economy under control and quick.

Warhammer Online of course is a whole different kettle of fish. The brand is already huge, the demo's, interviews, discussions and press releases have been typical Games Workshop, a company already reknowned for some ofthe best customer service ever known. It's got the potential to be the first threat to WoWs market share, and wit the 1 statement "you can level from PvP if you want, we won't make PvPers PvM and we won't make PvMers PvP" you can almost hear the dribble hitting the keyboards of a lot of existing MMO players.

I'm personally looking forward to LE. Fast paced on demand instanced PvP would save AO for me, and building a new toon in preparation is the only thing keeping me here at the moment except friends. So lets give it a chance and see what happens, until then all we can do is speculate, and that very rarely leads to anything productive.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

LE look quite "ready", as in relation to how SL was when it went in to closed beta, last time I saw it. Of course there is mostly tons of stuff needing to be worked on but i still think it is possible to move it out of the door before 2007. As there is no need to balance the mechs theye are after all the same on both sides, and I am confident that FC know what they are doing.
    Last edited by Eponyx; Sep 24th, 2006 at 20:01:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    LE look quite "ready", as in relation to how SL was when it went in to closed beta, last time I saw it. Of course there is mostly tons of stuff needing to be worked on but i still think it is possible to move it out of the door before 2007. As there is no need to balance the mechs theye are after all the same on both sides, and I am confident that FC know what they are doing.
    *Both* sides? So we can expect Omni/Clan wiping all 'Neutral'-Towers while we are forced to throw stones and sticks at the mechs?
    Syy

Please don't tell me you think LE is at the same stage as AI was when it
    went into closed beta : P If so, I don't want LE released until late 2007.
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.

As there is no need to balance the mechs theye are after all the same on both sides, and I am confident that FC know what they are doing.
    Both?? ..... Don't you mean all THREE sides?
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Neuts are kindly invited to take the place between the omnis and clanners in the war. You can own all the No Man's Land between the trenches that you can plant your so called faction on.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Crystal ball says Summer 07.

-Can't compete with WoW expansion
    -It's not even in beta yet (typically 1 month)
    -Launching in December is nearly impossibly (staff on vacation)
    -Launching in Q1 is financially unsound
    Krendor Lvl 220 Soldier - Field Marshall

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast