Thread: OOC: Site for Role-Players

OOC: Site for Role-Players

[ Sorry for yet another OOC post here, but I'm trying to avoid the spam and flames we would get from the Life section. ]

A quick FYI going out to the RP Community:

RP Central is being re-developed into Grid Access (aka RP Central 2) which we are making into a purely RP space. Think of it as the “grid-feed” a Rubi-Ka native might log into from their apartment or HUD for some daily news. (Some of you may remember it, see old forum 1 and forum 2 posts for historical reference.) It's currently used mostly by RUR and we have disabled many parts of it over the years, but we are hoping to expand it again.

Why am I posting an FYI for something that is so obviously in-progress at the moment? Well, I am hoping that the community may send us some feedback on what they could use! I know the Player-meeting thread has some ideas being thrown out and we're hoping GridAccess will be a tool RPers can make use of. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to throw them our way - post here or feel free to PM me.

Some things we are incorporating into GridAccess:

• Character profiles
      Open space to write all about you in as much or as little detail as you wish! See Kallee or Dabblez, etc.

• Space for Role-Play orgs to post their org profile.
      We all know everyone has his or her own style and flavor! Who said an org can’t have a full RP Profile too?

• Space for photos
      Not sure of the quota yet!

• Calendar
      For people like me – who never remember when it is. Also thinking about including an RK year for it instead of OOC years.

• Rubi-Ka Clock
      Simply a clock to display Rubi-Ka (GMT) time and your own areas time equivalent, take a peek at it on the top right hand of the current RP Central

• "Encyclopedia"
      Well, we do need a better name for this section but, ever wondered about Jane Flower or Vito? We're taking all the bits of lore found on items and NPC's to combine it into a history of the people on Rubi-Ka. Volunteers to help with this would be welcome! *hint*

• Working on making the site “skinable”
      Do you love hot pink? Do you always read dark gray on navy blue? Well, I don’t, but we can hopefully make a skin for the site that will fit varied tastes!

(Oh, and yes we are re-activating the automatic registration as well as making all the links shorter! )

Cheers,
    ~ players of Dookumi & Slotine

...and this should explain why we haven't had time to play AO.

As you might've read in the RP-meeting thread, i am working on the same stuff. Maybe we can coop?
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

Quote Originally Posted by Khuri View Post
    As you might've read in the RP-meeting thread, i am working on the same stuff. Maybe we can coop?
    Yes, I read that, hence why I went and posted the info on RP Central's re-development so other people know that it is still being maintained. Though considering how busy real-life is, this project has been in-progress for a while now.

As for co-operation, feel free to contact Tappert (tappertstailorshop@yahoo.com). That is the person doing the majority of the work for the site.

Cheers
    ~ me