Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 4

Episode 4

Corkey's dead. Eleena's clone dead. Radiman cloned and wanting to play chess already. Dusters appear. Stranger alive. Ross lying? Josh Khan with severe back problems. And to top it all off, evil Omni Doctor looking to shake things up.

Mmm...evil sexy Omni Doctor! Why do all the evil ones gotta be nice looking? I'm guessing that is Dr. Wineyard at the Omni-Research facility...

Anyway, here's hoping we'll hear more about this in the coming days. Feel free to discuss the episode here!

Virus?

K, may be I missed it, but what was that entire virus thing all about? Also, FC postponed the movie so that it may be released with the patch because they are related, anyone yet found out how? Just curious .

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Ruler of Newland, Borealis, and all other uncontrolled Rubi-Ka, all bronto stands and everything else that could possibly get my name in the episodes as logical actions obveously fail...
    Last edited by Shadowolf; Dec 20th, 2001 at 01:01:04.
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

Re: Virus?

Originally posted by Shadowolf
    FC postponed the movie so that it may be released with the patch because they are related, anyone yet found out how? Just curious .
    Mainly the explosion in omni entertainment, and the new dungeon, that I think has something to do with dusters

Cool

I wish they killed the real Eleena Oak...I don't really like Elen Degeneres.

Not a Doc.

The "evil" female your seeing is "EVA" of Omni-Tek. Since she clearly wants Ross cloned, it's obvious she is operating totally rogue - She appears to be working with, or is, a "Duster". Perhaps she is a clone as well, no way of telling. Perhaps Eva has decided the best way to get a promotion is to work for the competition [Sol Bank], but they cant do that while Henry and Boss Ross are talking peace, they need bloody war - bad enough so that the ICC and Sol Bank will need to step in and take over the ops since Omni clearly cant handle the situation. Same thing goes with Portman, they probably been offered a big portion of the pie.

Since Ross obviously is oblivious to Eva's actions, he's probably not lying about his political intentions [and playing chess to a stalemate is no fun, Henry knows this] hard to say but likely Ross understands that in this case, war does not equate profit. Eva is playing to a 3rd party with her own agenda but clearly she is no longer working for Omnitek but against... But its a tangled web, a visit to this bio lab is in order.

I Think I'm Having 9-11 Issues

Since most of my characters are clan, I thought I'd derive some level of pleasure from seeing some part of Omni-1 made to look like, oh, half of Athen does. Mind you, none of my characters would have endorsed such a plan -- but several of 'em would have quietly enjoyed it while pretending otherwise. Or so I thought.

For those of you who haven't been there, the nicest apartment building in Omni-1, in Omni-Ent right by the whompas, is now an oddly-familiar looking heap of rubble. And I feel oddly un-OK about it. I wasn't expecting that.

Originally posted by Wiretrip
    I wish they killed the real Eleena Oak...I don't really like Elen Degeneres.
    Me too, she lets the whole animated series down. Either that or rewrite her scripts and sack the actresss playing her.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

Question Ingame Events?

Will this episode have anything do with the upcoming ingame events if any are planned?

Yes, Eleena is SOOO irritating to have to listen to. What the heck is up with that dialog? And why does every conversation go "uhm, you uhm, know.. we, i, i mean, you, i mean, uhh.. yeah. you told me to... yeah, yeah, that's uh what you know what i uhh mean"

It's SOOOOO painful.

Just kill her off dammnit.

Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Originally posted by Snarf
    Yes, Eleena is SOOO irritating to have to listen to. What the heck is up with that dialog? And why does every conversation go "uhm, you uhm, know.. we, i, i mean, you, i mean, uhh.. yeah. you told me to... yeah, yeah, that's uh what you know what i uhh mean"

Snarf
    Because it's fashionable to have a "Girl with Attitude" as your leading lady role. Even though it's terribly cliche'd the Americans love it and as funcom have shown with their lack of in game events for anyone outside the U.S. , this is clearly the only market that they are prepared to cater for

/me realises he's started to flame and stops talking immediatley

the Americans love it ??????????????
    this is one Yank who has to agree with the sentiment to kill her off
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Originally posted by WillForce
    Thats what I like to hear

Cool

I was surprised by the Omni Entertainment Apartment complex bombing...that took me aback. For those who've seen the rubble, its quite a sight. I like it that things in the game can change like this...Now,what the hell is 'dust to dust'?
    Claudian Omni-Tek Meta-Physicist Lvl 27.RK1

Originally posted by Claudian
    I was surprised by the Omni Entertainment Apartment complex bombing...that took me aback. For those who've seen the rubble, its quite a sight. I like it that things in the game can change like this.

Yeah, eleena oak aside, the bombing was the first part of the story that I have seen in game, the ruble is wicked

If the clan does not hand over the terrorists immediately, Omni tek will be forced to view the clans as the terrorist and bomb them into submission.

OOC:
    In my humble opinion we just wittnedsed why the movies should stay:

we see the blast in the movies (in this way, noone can miss the "event" ) and then see the consequenses in game, and can react to it either way we want.

This is what makes AO stand out, and what could make AO one of the best online game so far.
    Father Chagidiel
    High priest in The Church of OmniTek

Originally posted by WillForce
    American #2...

Death to elena!

-D

Originally posted by Dr.Log
    Even though it's terribly cliche'd the Americans love it and as funcom have shown with their lack of in game events for anyone outside the U.S. , this is clearly the only market that they are prepared to cater for
    Blatant stereotyping of Americans as unintelligent and borish aside, Elena is a character that must be disposed of. I've already got a whole rant about the character in another thread.

You make it sound like Funcom is capable of better but is purposefully "dumbing it down". I disagree. I think Funcom isn't capable of writing a more complex and interesting character because they aren't American.

Or was that blatant stereotyping?

Dident the patch changes list say something about a new pub called beer & booze? (same as in episode 4) has anyone seen it? where is it?

Originally posted by GoOse
    Dident the patch changes list say something about a new pub called beer & booze? (same as in episode 4) has anyone seen it? where is it?
    Probably near the Cyborgs considering a cyborg attacked Mack (or Matt?) the bartender.

Guess the cyborg doesn't consider Elena has human, ... which she probably isn't for various reasons, because he didn't attack her.

Dust to Dust, Beer and Booze

Now,what the hell is 'dust to dust'?
    Apparently, a nihilistic slogan that one of the deadlier Clan factions used, about five years ago, during a month when they were able to hack (and screw up) one or both sides' insurance terminals ... which they then followed by some of the worst slaughters in the whole war.

That month is still called Black October (now that's original) by the colonists on both sides who lived through it, and revulsion at the death toll from Black October had a lot to do with "Boss" Ross's declaration of a cease fire.

This was covered over the last couple days in the in-game media, on http://community.anarchy-online.com. See the articles "Black October" (VoF), "Intercepted Transmissions Spark Rumours, Fears" (RKHS), and "Dust to Dust?" and "Threre's Dust in the Air" (TAG).

Probably near the Cyborgs considering a cyborg attacked Mack (or Matt?) the bartender
    Actually, it matches the image I saw of a building in Wine County -- which would explain why Elena was hiding there, as that's about as far away from the mass transit systems as you can be and still be on Rubi-Ka.

And nah, that made perfect sense to me -- assuming that the cyborgs have their own insurance terminal, anyway. On a planet with eternal life, once you get out past the suppression gas religious arguments probably do turn into eternal gun fights. Wanna bet that Mack and The Friendly Cyborg have been killing each other off and on for weeks? No wonder the cyborg was breathing hard; he probably just ran here from Cobal Sands after the previous phase of their argument.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast