Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: IRRK: Clans, Aliens and The Sixth Directive

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Speaking about Hypocrisy and generalizations, hows abouts all those nuets orgs attacking clan towers *HELPING* Omni? then turning around and throwing a fit when OTAF rolls into Bori to protect you. even shooting the guards... gee, weren't you all supposed to not be *NUETRAL* to the war? seems like all your crowd is doing is stirring the pot.

Countering generalizations with more generalizations will only inflate an argument about generalizations even further. You cant judge an entire novel by its title, even if it screams Omni, Clan, or Neutral.. doesnt mean anyone knows the plot before they pick it up. This was something I was attempting to point out. Simply the choice, was what I was aiming at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker View Post
    Bozo the clown and his circus army would invade borealis, and we'dd be shooting their multicolor asses. It's not a matter of choice here, but simply a matter of not liking it when people move in our hood and tell us how to run our lives.
    OMG, I wanna be in town when that happens. I'd pay top dollar to watch all that go down. *dies laffin* But essentially, Juju.. that is the essence of it all, independance. Whether its fighting OT, ICC, some shmuck down the street. I get the fact that you dont have to be clan to fight for democracy, we didn't invent it. We just picked up the banner, and with Neutral help too. In fact, I think more political barriers have been broken down over the common fight over alien insurgents, than ever have been before... which is another first step toward common union.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 17th, 2006 at 21:10:54.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Countering generalizations with more generalizations will only inflate an argument about generalizations even further.
    Everything else that was stated was countered with fingers shoved in her ear and going "LALALALALALA!!! I HATE CLANS! EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD TOO!"

So, he hell with takeing the highroad.

pretty much comes down to who has the balls to do something about it and speak up unify themselves (which coming from a clanner, I know, is irony all in it's own) , and who just hides in the corner and doesn't pick a side.
    There might have been a time when the clans were a noble people, but that time has passed. "Hiding in the corner" is a negative way of putting "watching the circumstances waiting for your chance" and if neither side is "right" why should anyone pick?

Well since it has nothin' to do with you, then why do you keep argueing about it? If you really didn't care about Clans or OT then you wouldn't be baiting public news feeds, or give a care about what some clanner with a goat skull on his head says. Funny thing is you're getting all fired up about "the conflict" that "has nothing to do with you".
    The conflict has everything to do with the neutrals. Some neutrals just don't see that consciously. It has more to do with how business gets done and what freedoms are infringed upon to us. Many times the "public news feeds" bait us into retaliating verbally with their slander.

And we all know whining from the side lines changes everything. It even grants independance on an Omni owned/controlled planet *rolls eyes*.
    This was totally uncalled for. (and it's metagaming.)

Speaking about Hypocrisy and generalizations, hows abouts all those nuets orgs attacking clan towers *HELPING* Omni? then turning around and throwing a fit when OTAF rolls into Bori to protect you. even shooting the guards... gee, weren't you all supposed to not be *NUETRAL* to the war? seems like all your crowd is doing is stirring the pot.
    I agree with juju on this. You're still not getting it at all.

Everything else that was stated was countered with fingers shoved in her ear and going "LALALALALALA!!! I HATE CLANS! EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD TOO!"

Your own posts have dragged plenty of people through the mud. Perhaps you should consider attempting the "highroad" before you claim to not be on it anymore.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

ROFL. ok, on sheer entertainment factor alone.. I bow to you. <3
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Wow. A few sarcastic remarks here and there, and all the sudden I get a text book written about me. *laughs*

Very good play on takeing the whole mess out of context, but good show anyways. I assume you just read my postings alone, and skipped the others. I'm flattered.

(( PS check you PMs... something didn't sit right with me. ))

Welcome to my world, more or less. More on the book, less on the sarcastic
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

((Again, Lang, I’m sorry if you took my character’s ramblings to heart and were offended by them. It’s never my intention to upset any player I don’t know; from the looks of it though I did, since you resorted to name calling in the out of character brackets. I personally have nothing against any player based on their toons’ alignment. I’m very sorry if you took it that way. However, Since you've gone through great lengths to ignore my PMs, I thought I should at least educate the rest of the good folks here on a horrid wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz View Post
    This was totally uncalled for.
    Yup! Totally was! Some one had to play the bad guy, and the situation was very fitting for my character to do so. No argument there!

Quote Originally Posted by LangWiz View Post
    (and it's metagaming.)
    Actually... no... Everything Kotts said has been noting more then his own personal opinions. Critical, sarcastic, and unfair, yes, but still just opinions.

Metagameing in roleplay is taking action based on Out of character knowledge to gain an upper hand over others; more or less using and or abusing knowledge that should not be known to your character. Such as siting every thing Eric Miller did in the book "Prophet without Honor". Not a single character could *ever* known what happen back then. It was thousands and thousands of years in the past!

Another example would be using introvert knowledge of a character in game, and/or gained from ether reading a character's back-story, or talking with the character's player out of character, then using any information given during the OOC discussion in game / in character against the character.

There are also other forms of Metagameing that include but not limited to:

Power play, AKA God-moteing
    " /me grabs you by the throat and rips your head of killing you instantly, then runs away with catlike reflexes."
    This form is wrong not necessarily from the hostile "physical" emote, but mainly from the attacker not giving his victim a chance to escape, counter attack, or even choose whether or not his own toon can live! Even more-so would be that the attack included that he runs away not allowing anyone else to stop his escape.

Master of all
    This is yet another form of annoying metagameing. This happens when a player claims, in character or out, that his Toon knows how to do every single odd job there is. From hacking, sniping, debating, trade skilling, soldiering, advanced education, and even medical knowledge. Now while it is fine and dandy for your toon to obtain knowledge of these (and other skills) in any combination or number, believability of the character begins to fade the more you slap on.

Super spy alts
    This form is more annoying then hurtful. The offending player will roll an alt on the opposing faction/realm/clan/guild and pretend to be a new recruit. They stay within the guild gaining information on other (enemy) characters, events, and even pvp/ rp-pvp strikes. Then using that knowledge on their main characters ultimately thwarting their opponent’s plans, or tactical/political advancements. While spy games are a totally legit, and fun form of Roleplay, the problem arises that the alt is immune to any or all retaliation should he or she be discovered. The player behind them could just delete and the spy would never be heard from again.

In any case I'm ranting. Don't go around calling people names you don't even know the definition of. It just makes you look dumb. ))

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234