Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player-meeting in Reet Retreat October 1st 18GMT or IC: Beer

Originally Posted by Virta
    I would absolutely love it if the billboards could be made to show some RP news. They already have player-made content, why not use those to show some player-made news-items too?
    This is a very good idea from a commericial point of view too.

If adds and (rp-) content follow each other up it might increase the number of people waching the billboards, thus making it interesting for FC and the advertisers.

Yay for RP news on billboards!
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Yeah, the idea really originated from Dabblez. As well she wanted to ask about the IRRK news channel, that sounds like very good way for this kind of thing too, and perhaps easier to run with. IRRK question has been around for quite awhile. Many thanks to Lornavash for picking up the issue again from this thread!
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Rijnswand View Post
    This is a very good idea from a commericial point of view too.

If adds and (rp-) content follow each other up it might increase the number of people waching the billboards, thus making it interesting for FC and the advertisers.

Yay for RP news on billboards!
    Yep and it would give some of us paying customers reason to turn bilboards back on ... and even more revenue for FC ... don't see how this is a bad idea at all.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Smile

A meeting is great idea! This one though i will not be able to attend. I have an other committment . But please tell any new comers that they are more than
    welcome to role play with me.
    Rheena

Okay, unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this meeting. The guy who's supposed to be relieving me at the end of my show has phoned in sick and I got volunteered to stay on. I have however investigated each of these questions as much as I can in order to provide answers to them.

ARK-Akelei, the Events Team Training Co-ordinator however will be present in my place and is more than capable of answering any questions you may have. Please note, he will be the only representative of the Events Team present at the meeting in order to avoid confusion or hijacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    1. The in game billboards, any suggestion how they can be realistically used to improve roleplaying communications, like for instance a new billboard with a with the URL for AO Forum "Editor News" section help new players get involved?
    Answer: I have a contingent of people within my team at this time working on several proposals, one of which refers to your question above. These have yet to be approved by the powers that be and so I cannot go into great detail about them, however expect to see something in regards to them in the coming months.

2. What ever happened to the IRRK New channel?
    Answer: The bots were taken down over a year ago, reason unknown. However we are attempting to isolate the cause and get them back into action as soon as possible.

3. Question doesn't involve/refer to ARK/ET - Skipped.

4. The sticky thread with the list of roleplaying organisation in The Buzz is an excellent resource especially for new player who do not know the various fan site yet. But it does get out date so quickly. Should it perhaps be deleted and recreated every 3 months?
    Answer: Yes that thread is an excellent resource for those new to the RP world of AO. However if it is going to be deleted and redone, the new one must correctly reference the actual previous authors so not to discredit them.

5. If we find that an ooc meeting of roleplayers from every faction is deemed useful (to organise events, share information and just bring the community closer, maybe it could be made into a regular feature. I would suggest tagging it after either CoT or BoD meetings that way at least a sizeable part of the roleplaying community is already gathered together and the scheduling of the meetings - always the hardest part - is already done for us).
    Answer: I'm all for making the OOC meetings a regular thing, however one problem is with the BoD Meetings being on an isolated playfield, unless there is an ARK present during the OOC meeting you will be unable to leave through conventional 'walk out the door' methods. (Gridding etc will still work however.)

Since this is a special playfield that is used for events and requires ARKs in order for it to function properly (since it's not linked to the mainland of RK), I would ask that the OOC Meetings after the BoD meeting perhaps take place somewhere else. As for ones after the CoT/BoD/NLC I am all for it. I would however have to converse with my team as to our availability after the meetings, but since we'll already be there I don't think it'd hurt for one or two of us to stay on after.

Hopefully, with regular meetings such as this, we'll be able to develop a rapport between the playerbase and ARK/ET and solve any issues that may arise almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lornavash View Post
    Since this is a special playfield that is used for events and requires ARKs in order for it to function properly (since it's not linked to the mainland of RK), I would ask that the OOC Meetings after the BoD meeting perhaps take place somewhere else. As for ones after the CoT/BoD/NLC I am all for it. I would however have to converse with my team as to our availability after the meetings, but since we'll already be there I don't think it'd hurt for one or two of us to stay on after.
    Maybe make it part of regular playfields? With requierment of special key or invite to enter? Both for CoT, BoD and upcoming ICC assembly hall (I presume that's for neutral gathering?). Attach small quest needed to get a key/invite and most of your probmlems are solved. At least at CoT meeting disruptors can show up atm, but those are usually too lazy to run through quest in order to get key and there are always ARKs present to eliminate such griefers.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Easy answer:

Place the special playfield inside one of the Omni-HQ buildings with an entrance open to all players (no key) like the CoT with Unicorns near the door, present ARK can moderate and handle those who are not meant to interrupt meetings.

Problem solved.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

It's tomorrow, 1st of October at 18.00 GMT.

so.. *bump*

Answer: I'm all for making the OOC meetings a regular thing, however one problem is with the BoD Meetings being on an isolated playfield, unless there is an ARK present during the OOC meeting you will be unable to leave through conventional 'walk out the door' methods. (Gridding etc will still work however.)

Hopefully, with regular meetings such as this, we'll be able to develop a rapport between the playerbase and ARK/ET and solve any issues that may arise almost instantly.
    By all means the meeting should take place somewhere else, like Reets, with easy access to everyone.. So after the CoT /Bod finishes, someone gives a shout over CH42, and then anyone who is interest just converges there. The reason to do it after is just so is just to take advantage of the fact that at least you already have a good number of roleplayers already gathered together.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

While I appreciate all the ideas in regards to linking the playfield into Omni-HQ or an equally recognisable area, it's something that has to be done by an AO Developer, most of which are currently tied up with Lost Eden.

Although not aware of the specifics of the Lost Eden release, I know that if we were to request the integration of the BoD Playfield into that of the mainland of AO, it would undoubtively have to wait until after the release of Lost Eden.

I am not a developer nor do I have any coding experience so I am unsure as to how easy/difficult it is to integrate a playfield into the rest. I do however like the isolation of the BoD to the extent that not just anyone can run in and ruin it, however I do not like the isolation in comparison to that of the CoT in which anyone can walk in and join. (not counting membership fees, registration and clan association required etc.)

The BoD and CoT are covered under the same response to question 1, I currently have a group of people working on a proposal for the powers that be so that we can go about adding certain improvements in places. However I am unsure as to when I can give word on the status of this, I don't want to start promising things and suggesting ideas and then the proposal falls through.

Exclamation

While I appreciate all the ideas in regards to linking the playfield into Omni-HQ or an equally recognisable area, it's something that has to be done by an AO Developer, most of which are currently tied up with Lost Eden.

Although not aware of the specifics of the Lost Eden release, I know that if we were to request the integration of the BoD Playfield into that of the mainland of AO, it would undoubtively have to wait until after the release of Lost Eden.

I am not a developer nor do I have any coding experience so I am unsure as to how easy/difficult it is to integrate a playfield into the rest.
    Answer: Leather Whip, some nice strong chains, and a cat-girl....you will find a Dev willing to do move the PF in a day.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Which room is the Cafe? Angel room or Fireplace, both could pass as one. And already 3hours past my bed time hoping to keep it strong until the meeting fading though
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Fire Room seems to be the place for RPlayers anyways.

Exclamation

Correction: Cafe Room.

It's about to start!

It stated it was starting at 18:00 GMT - that is in an hour, well 50 mins.

Crash-looped in the middle of the meeting.
    Trying to get back.

Believe it folks, the RPers have crashed reets.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Expect log and images to be up at AO Universe afterwards.

Follow-up meeting in two weeks, perhaps (hopefully) turning to regular thing.

Details to follow, most likely in new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker View Post
    Crash-looped in the middle of the meeting.
    Trying to get back.

Believe it folks, the RPers have crashed reets.
    Yep we had a ton of people there ... i ended up falling asleep mid meeting ... actually surprised I lasted as long as I did. The body just said "no more awake time for you" ... next thing I know I wake up in my chair everyone is gone and my neck is sore LOL

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123