Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player-meeting in Reet Retreat October 1st 18GMT or IC: Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Demons View Post
    i would like to attend, but i have the problem.. what time is 18:00/6pm on the clock that 'rubi-ka' is set to, in relation to gmt, so i can work out what time it will be for me, in gmt +10.

((well as far as i know AO time is GMT.))

((rst==gmt==utc))
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

A few ideas to discuss (or not) regarding communications, reaching people and spreading roleplaying news in general;

1. The in game billboards, any suggestion how they can be realistically used to improve roleplaying communications, like for instance a new billboard with a with the URL for AO Forum "Editor News" section help new players get involved?

2. What ever happened to the IRRK New channel?

3. What kind of synergies can we find between the existing fan based resources (web sites, rp bots, radio stations)? So for instance if AO Universe hosted an Event Calendar, maybe CH42 could be made to access it, and perhaps advertise in its welcome message all the events of the day?

4. The sticky thread with the list of roleplaying organisation in The Buzz is an excellent resource especially for new player who do not know the various fan site yet. But it does get out date so quickly. Should it perhaps be deleted and recreated every 3 months?

5. If we find that an ooc meeting of roleplayers from every faction is deemed useful (to organise events, share information and just bring the community closer, maybe it could be made into a regular feature. I would suggest tagging it after either CoT or BoD meetings that way at least a sizeable part of the roleplaying community is already gathered together and the scheduling of the meetings - always the hardest part - is already done for us).
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    ...for instance if AO Universe hosted an Event Calendar, maybe CH42 could be made to access it, and perhaps advertise in its welcome message all the events of the day?
    I am pretty sure Khuri was already thinking of creating a calendar, I will stand corrected if I am wrong - although if this wasnt intended already, AOU can certainly look into it (Cant we guys!)

ooh edit: kinda goes for point 4 as well - I guess Khuri should inteject here!!
    Last edited by Ukblizzard; Sep 26th, 2006 at 19:00:35. Reason: added something I forgot!!

j00 shall not need to be correct, Ukblizzard

As for bots and event calendar, i am planning on one already, and ideas pop up in my mind already as well, to get bots have access to it. Kinda like the old ARK-Events one, just with more features.
    The RP guild-thread from you Dabblez, has been a wonderful thing over the whole time, and now is something i'm about to convert into a bigger version, project name "Guild Guide" (as mentioned on the pre-meeting). If nothing serious comes between and my mood stays at high level expect a preview version on the meeting on sunday

And i would love to see IRRK-News back. If not, CH42, take over world domination!
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

I myself have been working on making a timeline just like anarchy-online.com has, only I intend to keep it up-to-date (last entry here dates back to Zora's first message) and give it more functionality, like being able to search through it.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

For the record, the recruitment thread in the Buzz has nothing to do with me. Nevver runs that and I think Demenzia did so before her.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Didn't want to spam this thread with RP Central stuff, so I made new thread.
    But, we are already working on a few thing that may be helpfull to the community.

Cheers
    ~ me

Here are some random thoughts.

I feel enough material, tools and effort are spent on the off-game stuff, mainly this means the websites related to RPing. For example I check the AO forums, our guild site, affiliate site, ao-universe, and sometimes I browse the CoT and some of the other guild sites. That is a lot of browsing, and a lot of work from the many people who keep these sites running. (and with the expense of their in-game time).

What we would need is something to bring the RP more 'into your face' in-game. Channel42 is perhaps the only thing us players can have effect on. Time to create some sort of 2nd generation Channel42? It could be more if even little of the energy currently spent on off-game things went into it.

I would absolutely love it if the billboards could be made to show some RP news. They already have player-made content, why not use those to show some player-made news-items too?

Dabblez mentioned the nature of things being flaky in this setting, which is so true. On top of that, people like to do their own thing. This just results in disintegration of everything. How can we become more focused to prevent this natural course of things?
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Well, what do you mean, a second generation channel 42? What would be different?

Does Channel42 send out alerts when RP events are happening/due to happen?

not that I know of. I'm there all the time and it's usually the players telling everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Well, what do you mean, a second generation channel 42? What would be different?
    I dont know exactly, but maybe there are people already with ideas on how to get it to be used more, or in what direction it could evolve?
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker View Post
    ((You had to do this on the sunday when i got 2 girls visiting me, the broken legged cripple, for movies (don't even think about it pervs ;p) ... didn't you ?? ))
    ó.o

But seriously, I'll try my best to be there. Great Idea Keanne!
    GorgeFodder3 - Deceased
    NotumFodder - New and improved with 80% more loyalty to Omni

Till All Are Free?

Quote Originally Posted by Keanne View Post
    IC: Grab a beer or something in Reets at 1st of October, 18.00 RST.
    But beer smells funny.. -sorts through her crate of tea- There's gotta be one in here..

[Yay for RPer's meeting! On a weekend!]

Quote Originally Posted by Keanne View Post
    *All sorts of rambling
    [That's my kind of meeting.]
    I live in my own world....

Unfortunatly, I didn't have enough Map Navigation to upload the map for it!

Thankfully because of the time off that I'm blessed with in the next few days prior to the meeting, I'm going to work on getting various answers/status reports on the questions such as those posed by Dabblez here.

Some of them have been raised in the past, but I will see about getting concise answers for you and perhaps some alternative options/ideas from my own brainstorming.

If anyone else has any questions that they'd like me to work on for you, with the hope of getting you an answer for this meeting, you are more than welcome to bring them up in this thread.

I hope I'm not seeming like a thread hijacker, but I thought I might use my links with ARK and FC obviously to help in this situation. I hope that my segment remains as small as possible to get the answers across that you want, and sit back and listen to the ideas that you people have as Atlantean Roleplayers.

It'd also be a nice way to Shamoze (spelling?) with oppisite faction RPers, hand out business cards and such for planning future events

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    I would absolutely love it if the billboards could be made to show some RP news. They already have player-made content, why not use those to show some player-made news-items too?
    (( I wish they would make another setting so that only AO related billboards would show. I hate seeing adverts for Movies, Anti-Drug stuff aimed at kids(I'm 35... I think I know what idiocy is involved with that, thanks) Pretty much anything unrelated to AO in general really puts a halt on immersion for me.

So, If they had a setting for JUST AO related content, I'd definitely turn billboards back on. As it is though, all it does is to make a sketchy connection that much more hazardous. This with a 6 megabit pipe, which confuses me to no end. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin View Post
    ((well as far as i know AO time is GMT.))
    ((So, that would mean 1:00 PM Central Daylight Time: U.S. ? ))

yes. I think...

If not, i'll be there early anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast