Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player-meeting in Reet Retreat October 1st 18GMT or IC: Beer

Player-meeting in Reet Retreat October 1st 18GMT or IC: Beer

IC: Grab a beer or something in Reets at 1st of October, 18.00 RST.

OOC:

In the quickly arranged roleplayers' meeting held in Rompa-bar at Sept. 24th it was decided to have a proper one with longer preparation time for everyone interested to attend at

*1st of October 18.00 GMT*
    In Reet Retreat (cafe should do well, run around until you find someone).

The topics will include:

*The current status of roleplaying at Atlantean Server

*Roleplayer recruitment in general: how to get a newcomer to join the right organization for him or her?

*All sorts of rambling

Please post comments here.

I'm also well aware that in theory, this post should be in Life on Atlantean Forum, but as it would not reach the intended audience there but would instead start a flamewar once again, I decided to post here. And there IS IC-part, too.

Hi Keanne,

Good idea on having a meeting.

Do you want just representatives from organisations to attend instead of the potential too many people turning up and it being difficult to all get ideas aired?

Within a week it could be possible to get ideas brainstormed on org websites to then filter to the meeting.

Anyway, great idea - I hope that some good ideas are generated

- Katelin

(( We had an ARK show up after we broke up. I think he's going to show next time since he pretty much missed everything.

Hopefully there will be more than just NLF and a smattering of folks from other orgs. ))

(( it was right in the middle of a CoT and Dabblez's Leet art gallery thingy, so that kinda hurt numbers. I should be there ))

Actually it was rigth after the Leet art thingy. Keanne sort of made the suggestion as the event ended most people went straight from one to the other.

On a more general note, I rather it was open to anyone, not just reps from orgs. If it gets very large we can have someone chair the meeting properly.

I think the real question is how to make the best use of the existing resources (website like Ao Universe, Channel 42, the CoT/BoD) so that roleplaying is more visible and accessible to the community.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

during COT meeting sorry I missed it...

((You had to do this on the sunday when i got 2 girls visiting me, the broken legged cripple, for movies (don't even think about it pervs ;p) ... didn't you ?? ))
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

There should be enough beer for everyone. If nothing else, the huge crowd will give more hope for Rubi-Kan breweries.

((Open for everyone. Of course, if your organization has 10-20 active roleplayers, you can, within your organization, settle that someone will mainly talk in the meeting, but that's not necessary. If the meeting turns out to be a chaotic rambling, we'll just try to control it somehow, or have yet another one later on, as needed.

Also, there's no need to apologize for missing this. It was arranged on short note and thus the whole idea to have everyone be able arrive next week arose. And yes, Juju, that's the plan, we had serious trouble fitting the meeting on the same day as the girls arrive, but after few phonecalls it worked out. ))

I will be attending this meeting as a representative from the ARK Events Team.

We are hoping to have an ARK/RP Meeting in the near future once a new Director has been decided. But, with the arisal of this meeting obviously shows concerns from the players and this is something that I, nor anyone in my team can simply overlook.

See you on Sunday.

Oooh! Drinking time! I'll be there.

(( Like stated before, it was right in the middle of the CoT meeting, so many couldn't attend. Given the way it was organised, or well, not organised rather, that's quite understandable
    I should be able to make it to this one, so unless real-life gets in the way, I'll be there. I'm sure there's plenty of talented people to organise things if it gets too big, so we probably won't have to worry too much about that. ))
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

I love meetings, Ill be there too.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

I'll be there.
    Chi"Chimx" Delaet- 220/28 NT
    Proud Advisor of Uprising.

Oh hey, a reason to drink more! Not like I need one but hey. *grins*
    Making a note of it.

~ Amelie

Marked twice in my calendar

Here's the logfile of the short previous meeting for all to read:
    Lookie lookie
    Last edited by Khuri; Sep 25th, 2006 at 18:05:54. Reason: entering link
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

((the meetings at an absolutely horrible time for me ... but I'll try my best to be there ... good chance that I won't be though

and when did notice go out about that first meeting? I think I was actually online at that time, but didn't hear anything))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

((Keanne sent out a message on channel42 ..so if you weren't hooked up on that one you would have missed it. Was a short notice anyway..which is why we decided to do it next sunday so the clanners could join as well))
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_ View Post
    ((Keanne sent out a message on channel42 ..so if you weren't hooked up on that one you would have missed it. Was a short notice anyway..which is why we decided to do it next sunday so the clanners could join as well))
    ((figures ... i log onto chanell 42 and nothing ever happens, then bam the time i don't hahahaha ... I love my timing ))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

(i plan on being there for the one of the 1st)
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

i would like to attend, but i have the problem.. what time is 18:00/6pm on the clock that 'rubi-ka' is set to, in relation to gmt, so i can work out what time it will be for me, in gmt +10.

I'll be there. ((I always seem to miss the ARK meetings :/ ))

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast