well im posting it, of course its important (to me)
here's the scoop:

I played NT until lvl 80ish, i played MP until level 195+

to me it seems:

if we just loose the pets (ok maybe not the heal pet :P) and combine us with NT's it would solve problem for both professions.

NT's are supposed to be the masters of nano programs. Nano technitians. And what are Meta-Physists? basically its a fancy way of saying conjurer or some type of magician.

Im thinking that the people who designed the concept of our profession just derived it from the NT's, or were on smthin while playing some medival game and thought: oh lets let them summon stuff, how about.... flying meatballs!? and lets give them some shields!! and scepters!! and thats in the year 9023!!!... ok we shouldnt mention that part.

Either that. Or:

Lets us assume in the original concept MP's and NT's were one, maybe without any pets. Perhaps that person would think, this profession will be very immensly strong.
So they separate them, and throw us a pet for fun.

Today: NT's are gimped, MP's are gimped.

---

Frankly when i first played AO, the first impression i had the impression is: Some future world, far in the future...then i saw some guy running around with floating organic things... it destroyed the image really.

I havent been with AO since beta, but i have been told it used to be that mp's had only 1 pet.
I seriously question the whole concept behind our profession,
and i would like to hear from the designers ( NO BARS HELD ):

1. What is the original intention behind the MP?
2. Whats the reason behind our limitations?
3. Wouldnt combining the two professions solve the "gimpness" problem?

thats all for now.

What do you guys think?