Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Final Note On Tarasque and A Fond Farewell

My Final Note On Tarasque and A Fond Farewell

About 2 months ago, when we started owning Tar, everything was great. We fought many fierce battles to end the Omni monopoly of Tar and all was well. Seeing as we were just starting to get organized, I took it upon myself to assemble a clan-wide leader meeting in which we would set in stone and agree upon how to proceed in Tar raids. A couple weeks ago many guild leaders requested of me that I organize a second meeting and so I did. Around 30 guild leaders showed up. Azz and Javas and a representative for Patk9 were also present at this meeting. Everybody sat down as I got the meeting started and went into outlining the various points in Tar raids: How we proceed, what rules need changing or what not. Each and every rule that was presented was carefully analyzed, discussed and finally, voted on. If my memory serves me right, all of the rules presented were unanimously voted upon by all the guild leaders with the exception of the 125+ rule which about 80% voted yes instead of the full 100%. The meeting lasted over 2 hours. Here is a list written by Hextorr of the rules that were agreed on and amended by your guild leaders:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules For Tarasque Raids
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These rules were approved in the Clan Leaders Meeting that took place Sunday 11th August.

1) No one that arrives after Tarasque has been engaged can participate in the raffle. Registration for that Playfield will be close on Tarabot some minutes before spawn time. No exceptions will be made.

2) Two kill teams are assigned and formed by the organizers present, the rest are assigned to Box Room. For people who have never seen Tarasque they should do so before Tarasque is engaged, Please tell in Tarachat prior to Tarasque spawns that you whish to see It, After that you will return to Box room. The amount of people who can tour down to Tarasque room on each raid is limited to 6 so not to crash everyone there, who ever disregards this rule will be automatically disqualified from the raffle.

3) Only levels 125+ can participate in the raffle. Anyone that whish to come and help can still do so but will not participate on raffle unless he/she is 125+.

4) You can only win one piece of loot every 24 hours.

5) Profession specific loot, can only be raffled to characters of those professions

6) You cannot raffle for pieces of loot you already own (except for sleeves, you can wear two, and Shoulder pieces IF you can wear two of the same at a time). Loot you win with one character and then pass it along to someone else or to an Alt is counted as you already having it(we count Main/Alts as being same owner), you can however raffle for NODROP items with your alt. If you Buy/trade for Tarasque loot it counts as you already having it. Who has which loot will be confirmed/investigated by everyone else, if you are caught entering a raffle for a piece of loot you already own, you will be banned for life from entering another Raffle.

7) There is no arguing or fighting inside Tarachat, if you dont follow this rule you will be removed from raffle. If you dont trust the way the raffle is handled or the raid is conducted or any of these rules, please dont join our Raids.

--------------------------
    Millard Hextorr Arnall
    General
    Redemption

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always remember, that when dealing with large groups of people, there is no avoiding it: Compromise must be attained in a way that it will do what is best for the majority of the whole. And that is exactly what we tried to do at the leader meeting; to find compromise, to make rules in the interests of fairness and proper distribution. Keep in mind, that your guild leaders or representatives were there speaking and voting for YOU and YOUR guild.

Now I hear that people have been whining and complaining to Javas or whoever, when they should be taking it up with their respective guild leaders since THEY were the ones that voted on your behalf. Keep in mind guys, that we have worked hard for YOU, not for us. We have tried and tried to make everyone happy, but to no avail. And we, all the guild leaders agreed, if you participle and you meet the 125+ level req, you have the right to raffle, but with certain restraints of course. I mean seriously, for example: If someone wins a coat, for the love of God, just common sense, courdesy and morality dictates that ANOTHER person deserves to win a coat, not that same person again! And this is rule #6 that was agreed upon by all the guild leaders!

Now I hear that the offcial rules that were amended and voted upon by YOUR guild leaders are not being respected; that they have been changed due to large amounts of complaining without even having another leader meeting and voting on them, which is the proper thing to do. With this recent happening and all the bit*hing and moaning after how hard we have worked for you, I have all but given up on Tar and the game for that matter.

As for me, yes I'm pretty much done with AO. The game has become nothing more than a hassle for me and its just not fun anymore. I will be playing Warcraft 3 as Messman in the Azeroth server until SWG comes out, so if you wish seek me out and we'll play a game. I don't believe in Ebaying and I won't close my account. I will log in now and then to check on the day-to-day business of Redemption, but that's it. I know my leaving may please some of you. I know many of you have a misconception of me, everybody does at the beginning, but in the end I'm really not a bad guy. I don't like to end things on a bad note and if I have ever done anything to wrong you or upset you, for what its worth, I am sorry. But I take with me, nothing but good memories from the whole year I have dedicated to this "game." It was so much fun growing up and meeting so many nice people. It is my sincere wish that FC really does something to improve the game, maybe the expansion and booster packs are the solution, but we shall see. When there is actually something to do my friends, when there is actually something to fight, something to fight for, maybe when that happens I will return and fight alongside you again my brothers. But until that day I sincerely and deeply wish each and everyone one of you the best of luck in life. May the Stars keep shining on the everlasting Glory of the Clans. I bid you all a very fond farewell. Goodbye.

Messy

P.S. LONG LIVE THE CLANS!!!

bye messman meow, and thank you for posting this

Unhappy Doh...

Another GOOD opponent gone.

Anyone who is happy about this isn't thinking clearly

Best Regards and Luck to you in the future, and here's hoping you you find something to bring you back in the future.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

=(

hmm where shall i begin ...

u dont know the true worth of someone until u loose him/her

a great friend.

a true leader.

a realy nice person gone.

i could write a whole book about Messman but i think these words is enough to get the picture of who Messman truly is.

laterz in SWG or WoW (or if expansion is good .. if im still here then)

sincerely
    Last edited by Parmen; Mar 15th, 2003 at 14:25:17.

Talking

i better post here, or Mess will log in just to wipe the arena with my butt...

not completely gone, but i'll still miss you
    everything else i've probably told you before, so no need to repeat myself here, just to bad i can't own you in arena when i grow up

Ack ! This is a sad day for AO, the beginning of the end Im afraid.
    No high level content as more and more people level up, more and more nothing to do. NO story, which seems to have been abolished months ago. Outdoor hunting destroyed. What can I say ? I will soon too be joining the ranks of LFG : looking for game !! Sad as I reminisce all the good times gone by...
    Last edited by xoox; Aug 21st, 2002 at 23:19:22.

About 2 months ago, when we started owning Tar, everything was great. We fought many fierce battles to end the Omni monopoly of Tar and all was well. Seeing as we were just starting to get organized, I took it upon myself to assemble a clan-wide leader meeting in which we would set in stone and agree upon how to proceed in Tar raids. A couple weeks ago many guild leaders requested of me that I organize a second meeting and so I did. Around 30 guild leaders showed up. Azz and Javas and a representative for Patk9 were also present at this meeting. Everybody sat down as I got the meeting started and went into outlining the various points in Tar raids: How we proceed, what rules need changing or what not. Each and every rule that was presented was carefully analyzed, discussed and finally, voted on. If my memory serves me right, all of the rules presented were unanimously voted upon by all the guild leaders with the exception of the 125+ rule which about 80% voted yes instead of the full 100%. The meeting lasted over 2 hours. Here is a list written by Hextorr of the rules that were agreed on and amended by your guild leaders:
    Yepp, I agreed on them, we all did...

Only one problem, almost none of the leaders are at the raids and even less ask their guild what they think, so we got too many complains....

I will miss you Messman, we have known each other for a long time, everything doesn't always work out perfect, but you are a fun person, I already got you on MSN so we can plan the future there, cya mate.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Well, this sucks. Another good friend leaves the game (Mess isn't fully leaving but almost) makes me very sad.

Its amazing, this is a game, and yet we all put in our heart and soul into it, then we get into petty disputes over loot. My goodness, Tara will still be there tomorrow, but some of our good friends won't because selfish, self-centered people play only to satisfy their imediate childish desires. In the process, they piss off all those that have fought and tredge through the s#!^ to get organized and a fair as possible system out to the community.

Gonna miss ya Mess, at least we got the new games to look forward too. Talk to you on guild chat soon!
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Boo-friggity-hoo-hoo.......i wont miss you ya bastard

mostly cause we harass each other like every day on msn and warcraft,too bad for everyone else tho

You did more for organizing PvP than anyone else in this game and even tho whiners and childish people try their best to make you look bad especially on these forums(one person comes to mind...hint: his name rhymes with "Zenoman" )I think nearly everyone appreciates your character and the stuff u get done in game.I hope that people can understand that your ego and "take charge" attitude are part of your character(took me 2 months of me hating you for me to see that......assface )and is a big part of what makes you actually stand out among alot of people

Lets face it AO is prolly doomed in the long term,its unbalanced and buggy even after more that a year after release.One thing it has been successful at is becoming a great big fancy chat program.Now we have a little bit less to chat about

Its ok i know ill get u to log in for the fun PvP fights anyways...if anything for your "colorfull"chat whenever a group of peeps kill you

See ya in a few min Mess =p

Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

:/ cya messy
    Novice Bare "Xthril" Lotto
    Super agent man

Roosevelt "Muchopain" Babilonia
    Bad Boy Yardie

Take care =)

I didn't know you that well, but from the few encounters I've had with you, I know you'll be missed.

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

awwwwwwwwwwwww i'm going to cry
    say hello sometime

Re: My Final Note On Tarasque and A Fond Farewell

Originally posted by Messman
    I know many of you have a misconception of me, everybody does at the beginning, but in the end I'm really not a bad guy. I don't like to end things on a bad note and if I have ever done anything to wrong you or upset you, for what its worth, I am sorry.
    cya and you and redemption have fun in SWG.
    /me sits back and pulls out some of Messman's infamous popcorn.

See ya messman, I still remember when you gave me Behemoth when I asked you to kill a lowbie omni that was pissing me off . Dont have too much fun out there

Unhappy

this sux, who is gonna Messence me now ?
    I miss the Messmann arranged wars in 2ho, that was ALOT of fun

cya

----
    Stian - 174 NT
    Norwegian Berserkers

Cya Messman
    I will miss all the big battles you used to arrange, and al the flirting you used to do You brought alot of extra stuff to this game, and made it alot more fun.
    You will be missed.
    P.S. You had better at least say hi from time to time when you log on

This sux Mess! You should have made an alt...

p.s. c ya in swg, if it ever gets out and if AO gets totally boring

awwwwwwwww

i will miss you messy :/ just when i find you nice lol :/

make me very upset you know /me sigh
    i think that nothing can make you stay here and all i can do is to wish you good luck messy

c ya on an other game ^^ and i wish you to be happy

Unhappy

Bye Messy ya were a good enemy, always honourable, even if ya were one of the great unwashed

Post Bah

What a mess seeya dude :/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast