Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freelance: UCN; A Proposal for Corruption

Freelance: UCN; A Proposal for Corruption

UCN; A Proposal for Corruption
    18th September 29480 - Noticiero Rivera
    [Atlantean]

FJRK Freelance - With the 'miraculous' return of Lady Xaun to the clans, one of the first questions comes to mind: Is she going to try and overthrow the CoT again?.

Many share this question and fear that perhaps she will once again try to cause dissent within the Council of Truth.

Let me begin by saying that I'm not thrilled she has returned, but I am glad she's alive. The Redeemed are enlightenend beings which fortunately for us all, are on the side of the clans, and thanks to their kindness they brought Lady Xaun back from wherever she was...located.

Now I believe you the reader needs a bit more background on the UCN (United Clan Nation). At the beggining of her proposal she openly stated that the UCN would replace the CoT.

"The council of truth will serve in a final purpose as an interim government to oversee the transition into the United Clan Nation."

That statement alarmed a good number of CoT representatives, because those words were an indirect threat of a civil war since none of they had either supported or agreed to such a transition.

Later on she realized her mistake and tried to 'clarify' that the UCN would not happen without the support of the CoT, which to this day of course has not happened.

The word that probably pops in your mind at this moment is Why?

Just to save some time because I don't like to write articles which are 20 pages long, I will try to explain quickly.

The CoT has clan representatives which through democratic votes do their best to protect the clans overall and make decisions to better the way of our lives. Of course there are some political rivalries based on which Legacy Clan they support sometimes. But in the end there is a circle of clans and their representatives who have spent years trying to improve things for our faction.

The UCN has virtualy no support within the CoT. The proposal means to replace what took years to build, and implement tiers of goverment. House of Commons, House of Representative, House of Advisors, House of Leadership, a dream come true for any corporate executive, it's a plethora of red tape!

How can this be more efficient than the CoT? it adds dozens of people to the equation which would practically slow down any decisions to a crawl. Besides that obvious problem, there is another...with so many people the chance for corruption goes through the roof, specially those in the House of Representative which are 3 people with a lot of power.

Perhaps Lady Xaun has no ill intentions toward the Council of Truth of which she is a part of; however, like the ancient saying goes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Maybe she intended to form some sort of a Senate type of goverment with groups around it to keep it in check, or just wanted to create a position of power which she may be able to sit on. Only god know what was behind the proposal when it was created.

What CoT representatives know, is that it's a very bad idea. I must agree with their expertise, the UCN would bog down any kind of progress and not only that, it would help Omni-Tek by doing so.

During the CoT meeting of June 24th this year, after she surpringly made the proposal now former CoT Clerical Staffer Tussa asked "Are you saying the CoT is dead or on its deathbed?", Lady Xaun's answer was: "I see that it is nearing such. Yes."

CoT Clerical Staffer Astera replied with the following:

"No arguments about faction, we got a lot accomplished and the CoT is moving forward for the first time in a while. It's beautiful to me.

It warms my heart to see it happen this way. I can't thank you all enough for helping us all move forward.

I'm never one to knock anyones ideas down but honestly, I find it funny that you have used the Council as your personal stepping stone to create something you feel that is better than the CoT. We have to be doing something right, huh?"

After that the Clerical Staff encouraged the representatives to discuss the proposal, but has I mentioned before it has virtualy no support since then.

A system that the CoT does not want, a proposal that just seems to be everywhere but in the hearts of clan leaders.

THe UCN has not united anyone, on the contrary it has divided us more by wasting time on discussing a flawed and corrupt system.

The bottom line my fellow clanners, is that the UCN will not exist unless the CoT is disolved by force, since representatives refuse to accept such an unwise change to the council.

It is now that we must be vigilant of those willing to do anything to implement this so called "nation" upon us all.

This is Reporter 'Noticiero' Rivera, and this has been 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive'!

I do believe that a bit of clarification is in order for you seem to have some grievous misconceptions about the UCN and the ideas behind it Mr. Rivera.

The first misconception is the misguided thought you seem to have that the CoT is in fact a governing body, the clerical staff has said time and time again that they are not a governing body but rather a forum for the free exchange of ideas and as such it is impossible to even attempt at any kind of direct comparison between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa
    The Council of Truth has never once claimed it's a clan government or wants to be, unlike this UCN idea proposes to be. The CoT is a political fora for debate and communication across sometimes vast differences.
    The second misconception that you have is the fact that you seem to claim an inside understanding of the UCN proposal when you do not, the first proposal of it was a rough idea intent to let people know what Xaun was aiming for and she mentioned a few times in the proposal that it was simply a first rough draft to give people a basic understanding.

Now as to the House of Leadership, the House of Commons and the House of Representatives and these misconceptions you have and are passing on to your readers about them. First off, each house has its own specific duties to perform ranging from making sure that the peoples voices are hear to the tedious work of putting their wishes into writing that the majority of people can be satisfied with so that they can be put into effect. Next is the incorrect number of people you seem to believe will be involved in this. Each House will have a minimum of 8 people in each of them and in two of the houses each member is voted in while the third is filled with those who apply and have shown that in the past they have strove for the improvement of the clans. Each of these Houses has limits on how long they can serve before new elections and appointments are required to refill the seats. Thus the minimum number of people involved would be in fact 24 from those three houses. Also there is a fourth House, the House of Advisors, which is made up of those Legacy Clan Leaders who wish to join the UCN and lend the wealth of knowledge that they possess to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noticiero Rivera
    How can this be more efficient than the CoT? It adds dozens of people to the equation, which would practically slow down any decisions to a crawl. Besides that obvious problem, there is another...with so many people the chance for corruption goes through the roof, specially those in the House of Representative which are 3 people with a lot of power.
    As you can see here you your self have shown a lack of knowledge or care. In the first sentence you claim that dozens of people will be added but in the next you say there will only be three? How is this possible?

You claim that this will slow down any decisions and ask how is this more efficient than the CoT, perhaps issues will be slowed in resolution and mayhap it is less efficient but it dose take one thing into consideration that the CoT dose not. The wishes of the people these decisions will be effecting.

Currently there are 27 clans, not counting Legacy Clans, which are members of the CoT, on a good day perhaps 10 show up at a meeting. With that the case, there are 10 people deciding in the heat of the moment what is best for thousands of their fellow clan members with out so much as asking one random person what their thoughts on the matter are.

You also claim that this will make corruption rampant in the UCN, however there is a system in place to check any corruption that may take place. Each of the Houses has the ability to stop any action that is not in the best interests of the Clans and seeing as the Clans as a whole will be allowed to vote on the issues presented the people of the Clans also Check the UCN as well! The people of the Clans will play THE MOST IMPORTANT PART in keeping their leaders honest.

You make claims about Xaun proposing the UCN in order to become some kind of Empress over the Clans? Then answer me this, why would she make the positions most likely to be abused positions that the people of the Clans would have direct influence upon weather or not they got that position in the first place, why would there be limits on how long a person can serve in that position why would there be a system in place to investigate any wrong doings by anyone in the UCN and remove them if needed?

You say that the CoT members know that the UCN is a bad idea, then why was it asked to be set up as a separate issue to be discussed upon due to the implications it could have on the Clans. If they knew it was a bad idea Tussa or Astera would have closed it down completely as they have tired since then.

Ah yes, that’s right you did not tell them about the rule they put into effect shortly there after about members not pressing issues that undermine the CoT, which I may remind you is suppose to be a forum of free idea exchange.

Astera says the CoT is moving forward, but what are they moving forward with? Other than the renovations of Old Athens what has the CoT accomplished? We have one clan leader who is sitting on potent information about the Ross Assassination, a Clan that went and invaded an Omni-Tek area with out so much as a note to us that he was going to do it. We have Nanomage Legionnaires and Dustbrigade members infiltrating the Tower of Truth during CoT meetings, Eco Warriors storming in and pelting CoT reps with water balloons, OT raiders all but roaming free in the streets of Tir while Neutrals are still shot on sight, unchecked alien aggression, orbital weapons platforms moving in as the war increases, people in the War Torn Valley living in homes constructed of rubble, and over half of the clans signed up as members of the CoT not even bothering to send people, Legacy leaders who show up only when the whim suits them and attempts to open dialog with Zora, the new VP of OTRK, completely ignored.

You say that the CoT will not allow the UCN to exist unless some one destroys the CoT by force? An odd reaction for a forum of ideas as the CoT claims itself to be. I never elected the CoT to be my leaders, to my knowledge no one has elected the CoT to be their leaders. For the love of the Redeemed no one on the CoT is elected at all! You pay to get on the CoT and if you join the staff you are appointed by the current staff members, but they had better like you and you had better not rock the boat or they will not give a dead rolerrats guts about you if anything happens to you other than listen to a report of your death that can only take 5 minutes.

The CoT claims to not be what it acts as and claims to not be what some people think it is. It says it is not a government yet it makes choices for us with out asking us about what we want, it claims to be a forum of ideas yet tries to kill off any idea that those on the staff do not agree with, it claims to be for the clans yet little for the clans has been done. It claims a lot of things and then dose something else.

My fellow clan members and citizens of Rubi-Ka, we are not saying that you must join the UCN, we only wish those who want to work for the betterment of our world to join and ask them to do so with the betterment of us all in mind. We will not look at those who do not join us as our enemies but as those who have decided for them selves what they think is best for us all and them selves in their own way. We are not looking to control anyone, only see to it that everyone’s freedoms are respected and not infringed upon by any one, that they have a choice in where their futures head.

That they have a choice and that it is heard.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

oh wow. Da Juju anticipates strong broadsides of chatty arguments over the horizon and urges all innocent bystanders to dive for the nearest type-5 nuclear cover available.

Free strawberry margaritas in the NLC bunker complex!
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

I'll take that bait

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot View Post

You claim that this will slow down any decisions and ask how is this more efficient than the CoT, perhaps issues will be slowed in resolution and mayhap it is less efficient but it dose take one thing into consideration that the CoT dose not. The wishes of the people these decisions will be effecting.
    The core of the Clans is the "Clans" themselves. If you choose to join a clan and fight with them, you arguably have to believe at least a little of what they stand for. If you do not, you are doing them and yourself a disservice.

Currently there are 27 clans, not counting Legacy Clans, which are members of the CoT, on a good day perhaps 10 show up at a meeting. With that the case, there are 10 people deciding in the heat of the moment what is best for thousands of their fellow clan members with out so much as asking one random person what their thoughts on the matter are.
    That is not the CoT's fault. Please leave your delusions for conspiracy theory.

You make claims about Xaun proposing the UCN in order to become some kind of Empress over the Clans? Then answer me this, why would she make the positions most likely to be abused positions that the people of the Clans would have direct influence upon weather or not they got that position in the first place, why would there be limits on how long a person can serve in that position why would there be a system in place to investigate any wrong doings by anyone in the UCN and remove them if needed?
    The primary reason is that she and a few others want Silverstone out of Tir. You can deny it all you want. I know better.

You say that the CoT members know that the UCN is a bad idea, then why was it asked to be set up as a separate issue to be discussed upon due to the implications it could have on the Clans. If they knew it was a bad idea Tussa or Astera would have closed it down completely as they have tired since then.
    We made it a topic at the Council meeting. It was shot down at the meeting, shot down on this very gridfeed and shot down on the Councils Gridfeed. How much more of a "no" can the people give this idea?

Ah yes, that’s right you did not tell them about the rule they put into effect shortly there after about members not pressing issues that undermine the CoT, which I may remind you is suppose to be a forum of free idea exchange.
    I honestly believe that this is one of our best pieces of work ever to pass at a CoT meeting. It basically means that if you are going to try and destroy this institution, you have to leave to do it. Makes perfect sense. Keeps people honest.

Astera says the CoT is moving forward, but what are they moving forward with? Other than the renovations of Old Athens what has the CoT accomplished? We have one clan leader who is sitting on potent information about the Ross Assassination, a Clan that went and invaded an Omni-Tek area with out so much as a note to us that he was going to do it. We have Nanomage Legionnaires and Dustbrigade members infiltrating the Tower of Truth during CoT meetings, Eco Warriors storming in and pelting CoT reps with water balloons, OT raiders all but roaming free in the streets of Tir while Neutrals are still shot on sight, unchecked alien aggression, orbital weapons platforms moving in as the war increases, people in the War Torn Valley living in homes constructed of rubble, and over half of the clans signed up as members of the CoT not even bothering to send people, Legacy leaders who show up only when the whim suits them and attempts to open dialog with Zora, the new VP of OTRK, completely ignored.
    I have accused you of not learning or reading in the past and here is another instance of it. Here is a modified list of accomplishments of the CoT in the past year or two. Some of it has been removed due to the sensitivity of the information so take that for what it's worth.

Investigations:
    • Tempus Coma
      Ross Assasination
      Notum Dust
      **On-Going Investigation: Classified**

Operations:
    • **Classified**
      Crippled the Dust Brigade by killing one of their newly arrived Generals
      Wiped out Tempus Coma in an invasion of their lair in Elysium

General:
    • Added Credits to the Sentinels and Vanguard so Clans would have a chance to buy land from the ICC
      Billboard Campaign
      Arming Citizens and **Classified**
      Sent a representative to the Newland Council to have a presence there
      Officially recognized Neutrality - A first for the Clans
      Invited the CEO of OTRK to sit down and have talks with us (ignored)
      Continued support of the Unionist liberation of 4 Holes
      **On-Going Work: Classified**
      Donated in excess of 200 weapons to the Sentinels

You say that the CoT will not allow the UCN to exist unless some one destroys the CoT by force? An odd reaction for a forum of ideas as the CoT claims itself to be. I never elected the CoT to be my leaders, to my knowledge no one has elected the CoT to be their leaders. For the love of the Redeemed no one on the CoT is elected at all! You pay to get on the CoT and if you join the staff you are appointed by the current staff members, but they had better like you and you had better not rock the boat or they will not give a dead rolerrats guts about you if anything happens to you other than listen to a report of your death that can only take 5 minutes.
    We are not appointed, we are voted in. Sary's vote is easily viewed in the private forums. Those who actually go to the gridfeed can see it. Through poor decisions, you can't view it any longer. That's hardly our fault. As far as rocking the boat goes... That is purely opinion on your part. There is no fact in that what so ever.

Oh, and everyone voted the 5 minute speaker timer into place. We quickly reviewed it once we saw what a problem it caused specifically with your speech. And we did let you go 2 minutes longer... NO consensus has come yet but it's being worked on.

The CoT claims to not be what it acts as and claims to not be what some people think it is. It says it is not a government yet it makes choices for us with out asking us about what we want, it claims to be a forum of ideas yet tries to kill off any idea that those on the staff do not agree with, it claims to be for the clans yet little for the clans has been done. It claims a lot of things and then dose something else.
    See Above, again...
    The staff is bad. The staff controls the Council! Cannot disagree with the Staff! How dare they try and control the Clans! ...but you answered your own ravings earlier. I'll sum up your contradiction: membership issues, unionists doing what they want.

Did I miss anything?

and no, juju... there shouldn't be much after this. You can't argue with fact.

[edit] sorry, forgot that i'm talking to this one. He can argue fact with opinion.
    Last edited by Astera; Sep 19th, 2006 at 05:47:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    The core of the Clans is the "Clans" themselves. If you choose to join a clan and fight with them, you arguably have to believe at least a little of what they stand for. If you do not, you are doing them and yourself a disservice.
    And what of those in the clans who do not belong to an organized clan? By the rules of the CoT they are barred from sitting on the CoT unless they are in an organized clan of at least 10 people. Do they have to do something that they do not wish to in order to get their voices heard? Do they have to change their political views in order to get those same views heard? Must they compromise what is important to them in order to be heard by others? The CoT is meant to be; by your own words, a forum for free ideas, yet it is not truly free since they have to compromise themselves in order to participate in the exchange.

That is not the CoT's fault. Please leave your delusions for conspiracy theory.
    I suggested no conspiriacy Astera I am mearly pointing out that so few of those who are members of the CoT bother to do anything with it and questioning weather or not so few people should be allowed to make desicious for the clans when those making the decisions simply show up and pay fee to be part of the process. Or is this to be considered undermining the CoT now? Questioning the commitment of some of its members? If you think my words suggest a conspiracy then it is you who is sorely deluded for I simply ask if this is the way it should be when those who others see as part of their governing force do not bother to make their presence known at the meetings.

The primary reason is that she and a few others want Silverstone out of Tir. You can deny it all you want. I know better.
    Is it really so bad that she is tired of seeing Silverstone shooting Neutrals in Tir while at the same time not presenting enough security forces to keep out OT personnel who nearly run rampant in Tir? You told her that the CoT would not vote on things that will cause a clan to change its political view. It would not have changed Silverstone's political view, only stopped him from expressing it in Tir. Of course you did enact a rule that did prevent Xaun from saying anything more about the UCN in the CoT meetings unless she wanted to have Aethyr removed, so I think that is very telling on how much weight you place on your own words. You have said it your self several times Astera, the CoT is a forum for the free exchange of ideas, yet you then tell some one that they can not freely share their ideas and that is one of many that Xaun has presented that you have blocked.

We made it a topic at the Council meeting. It was shot down at the meeting, shot down on this very gridfeed and shot down on the Councils Gridfeed. How much more of a "no" can the people give this idea?
    While you did try to block the discussion completely others in the CoT wished to see more about it, thus its posting to the CoT gridspace. As to people “shooting it down” let me say this. First off, many of those who decried the UCN were from your Clan and from Tussa’s Clan if I recall correctly. Second many of the reasons that came up from those who also decried it were based on concerns of the system becoming a haven for political corruption. When I moved it to the public forums on the grid I did so because I felt that it was to important a topic to leave in the small community of the CoT gridspace however many of those who decried it in the CoT forum followed it and did the same.

Work on it in the CoT forums ended when Xaun was assassinated, leaving her unable to continue work on it. I stopped pushing it on the public forums due to the fact that I felt that until the controversy surrounding Xaun’s death was cleared up along with suggestions and pressure from parties I have promised to remain un-named. Of course you may use that as the starting point of claims that there was no one doing such since I refuse to name those who did. Many of those I have spoken to in private have considered the idea or have had warm reactions to it, again I will not name names for I do not have their permission currently to do so.

I honestly believe that this is one of our best pieces of work ever to pass at a CoT meeting. It basically means that if you are going to try and destroy this institution, you have to leave to do it. Makes perfect sense. Keeps people honest.
    Yes, how much easier it is to stop talk on an idea when it is a banned topic. A very effective use of an idea forum and place for the free exchange of thoughts. As to the question of Honesty the fact that Xaun presented the proposal to the CoT during a session goes a great deal into showing the levels of honest that she has

I have accused you of not learning or reading in the past and here is another instance of it. Here is a modified list of accomplishments of the CoT in the past year or two. Some of it has been removed due to the sensitivity of the information so take that for what it's worth.

Investigations:
    • Tempus Coma
      Ross Assasination
      Notum Dust
      **On-Going Investigation: Classified**

Operations:
    • **Classified**
      Crippled the Dust Brigade by killing one of their newly arrived Generals
      Wiped out Tempus Coma in an invasion of their lair in Elysium

General:
    • Added Credits to the Sentinels and Vanguard so Clans would have a chance to buy land from the ICC
      Billboard Campaign
      Arming Citizens and **Classified**
      Sent a representative to the Newland Council to have a presence there
      Officially recognized Neutrality - A first for the Clans
      Invited the CEO of OTRK to sit down and have talks with us (ignored)
      Continued support of the Unionist liberation of 4 Holes
      **On-Going Work: Classified**
      Donated in excess of 200 weapons to the Sentinels
    Astera I see little there other than a lot of Classified statements however allow me to remind you of the outcome of the ones that are not classified. Odd isn’t it that a forum for the free exchange of ideas should have a need for classified topics, such needs are more for a government wouldn’t you say?

Crippled the Dust Brigade by killing one of their newly arrived Generals.
    Well, with the revolation of the second in command of the OT Unicorns being either a top general or the leader of the Dustbrigade its self I think that act was rendered rather useless and it did not stop them from sending a messenger to the last CoT meeting did it?

Added Credits to the Sentinels and Vanguard so Clans would have a chance to buy land from the ICC
    One of the Coasts I believe correct? The coast that is on the FAR SIDE of OT territory with no direct rout that I know of to it and no real way to defend it from attack given the fact that it is surrounded on all sides by OT holdings. A very wise purchase indeed.

[QUOTE=Astera;4341510]
    Odd, I could have sworn that the clans as a whole did not benefit from Silverstone getting highly advanced weaponry for free, more so since it has not improved the effectiveness of the guards in Tir at all. However please, tell me exactly how Silverstone’s gain benefits me or any other clan member?

We are not appointed, we are voted in. Sary's vote is easily viewed in the private forums. Those who actually go to the gridfeed can see it. Through poor decisions, you can't view it any longer. That's hardly our fault. As far as rocking the boat goes... That is purely opinion on your part. There is no fact in that what so ever.
    Ah yes, Sary, is she not a member of your clan now? As to your opinion of my decisions being poor ones that have lead me to no longer being on the CoT or view the private and restricted sections of the forums. It is by far any kind of loss to me. As to it being my opinion about those who rock the boat being left out to dry, might I call your attention to the lack of response when a CoT member was assassinated? I do not seem to recall any motion for any CoT sponsored investigation into what happened. Of course seeing as Xaun was not exactly popular with a few of the topic setters in the CoT I cannot say I am truly surprised by your lack of concern of her fate. Thank the Source that the Redeemed were able to get the Guardians to intervene on her behalf.

Oh, and everyone voted the 5 minute speaker timer into place. We quickly reviewed it once we saw what a problem it caused specifically with your speech. And we did let you go 2 minutes longer... NO consensus has come yet but it's being worked on.
    Even if I had been aware of what the CoT wanted me to address them about it would have taken far more than the seven minutes I took due to the amount of information there was to impart to you all, as it was I was forced to leave out a great deal of information that had been gathered. As to the fact that no consensus has been reached yet, it is not surprising.

See Above, again...
    The staff is bad. The staff controls the Council! Cannot disagree with the Staff! How dare they try and control the Clans! ...but you answered your own ravings earlier. I'll sum up your contradiction: membership issues, unionists doing what they want.

Did I miss anything?
    Being childish aside the staff dose control the Council, it is the staff that sets the agendas and with out a subject being included on the agenda that subject can not go anywhere. The only reason many people think that the CoT is the government for the clans is that is how the CoT presents its self and they have not thought to question it, no fault of theirs really many of them are new to the planet and simply think that is the way things are.

Oh and let me give you a childish barb in reply to the one you gave me.

Spellchecker, look it up and use it, you are driving mine crazy.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Did you read the replies I wrote or are you just looking for another argument?

And what of those in the clans who do not belong to an organized clan? By the rules of the CoT they are barred from sitting on the CoT unless they are in an organized clan of at least 10 people. Do they have to do something that they do not wish to in order to get their voices heard? Do they have to change their political views in order to get those same views heard? Must they compromise what is important to them in order to be heard by others? The CoT is meant to be; by your own words, a forum for free ideas, yet it is not truly free since they have to compromise themselves in order to participate in the exchange.
    Silly debate. What this boils down to is the council protecting itself versus a very easy avenue of spy inflitration. It's silly to think otherwise.

I suggested no conspiriacy Astera I am mearly pointing out that so few of those who are members of the CoT bother to do anything with it and questioning weather or not so few people should be allowed to make desicious for the clans when those making the decisions simply show up and pay fee to be part of the process. Or is this to be considered undermining the CoT now? Questioning the commitment of some of its members? If you think my words suggest a conspiracy then it is you who is sorely deluded for I simply ask if this is the way it should be when those who others see as part of their governing force do not bother to make their presence known at the meetings.
    I dearly love the argument about the fee. Please, by all means don't donate for the good of something if you don't feel the need. Someone on the council has always willingly stepped forward with this fee to those clans who needed it, just so they can participate. ...and as a matter of fact, I have yet to see anyone who has needed it. Good god get over it. It helps us help everyone else.

Is it really so bad that she is tired of seeing Silverstone shooting Neutrals in Tir while at the same time not presenting enough security forces to keep out OT personnel who nearly run rampant in Tir? You told her that the CoT would not vote on things that will cause a clan to change its political view. It would not have changed Silverstone's political view, only stopped him from expressing it in Tir. Of course you did enact a rule that did prevent Xaun from saying anything more about the UCN in the CoT meetings unless she wanted to have Aethyr removed, so I think that is very telling on how much weight you place on your own words. You have said it your self several times Astera, the CoT is a forum for the free exchange of ideas, yet you then tell some one that they can not freely share their ideas and that is one of many that Xaun has presented that you have blocked.
    Wrong again. I've said it a hundred times. We can keep arguing this ad nauseum if you like but you and I won't settle much. I suggest you take it directly to Commander Silverstone since the Council won't attempt to tell another clan what to do. You will, we won't.

While you did try to block the discussion completely others in the CoT wished to see more about it, thus its posting to the CoT gridspace. As to people “shooting it down” let me say this. First off, many of those who decried the UCN were from your Clan and from Tussa’s Clan if I recall correctly. Second many of the reasons that came up from those who also decried it were based on concerns of the system becoming a haven for political corruption. When I moved it to the public forums on the grid I did so because I felt that it was to important a topic to leave in the small community of the CoT gridspace however many of those who decried it in the CoT forum followed it and did the same.
    Now, you know better than that. We made that rule for a number of reasons and it wasn't just this UCN idea. Think about it and lets not give you another black eye with bad publicity.

Work on it in the CoT forums ended when Xaun was assassinated, leaving her unable to continue work on it. I stopped pushing it on the public forums due to the fact that I felt that until the controversy surrounding Xaun’s death was cleared up along with suggestions and pressure from parties I have promised to remain un-named. Of course you may use that as the starting point of claims that there was no one doing such since I refuse to name those who did. Many of those I have spoken to in private have considered the idea or have had warm reactions to it, again I will not name names for I do not have their permission currently to do so.
    Well, there are rules in place for the CoT to protect itself from internal destruction and if you want it (and you really have to want it), you have to leave to get it done. Don't waste other clans time by showing up just to figure out ways to destroy the CoT for some half-baked idea to get silverstone out of Tir.

Yes, how much easier it is to stop talk on an idea when it is a banned topic. A very effective use of an idea forum and place for the free exchange of thoughts. As to the question of Honesty the fact that Xaun presented the proposal to the CoT during a session goes a great deal into showing the levels of honest that she has
    and yet you just criticized us for not allowing the free exchange of ideas. So, you're complaining that someone that is rabidly opposed to the CoT not be allowed to fill meetings with thoughts about abolishing the CoT and forming a new less than well thought out government system? Have you completely lost your mind?

Astera I see little there other than a lot of Classified statements however allow me to remind you of the outcome of the ones that are not classified. Odd isn’t it that a forum for the free exchange of ideas should have a need for classified topics, such needs are more for a government wouldn’t you say?
    I haven't looked at it but theres...three, maybe four... out of 16. Thats not a lot, it's a few. Reach further and you may have an argument one day.

Well, with the revolation of the second in command of the OT Unicorns being either a top general or the leader of the Dustbrigade its self I think that act was rendered rather useless and it did not stop them from sending a messenger to the last CoT meeting did it?
    Trivializing an important event isn't nice. There was a three to four month period of time where we didn't have to worry about them, thanks to the SENTINELS and the COUNCIL OF TRUTH. What happened later, happened. Nothing any one of us could do about it. There was nothing Tarkhan Zora could do about it.

One of the Coasts I believe correct? The coast that is on the FAR SIDE of OT territory with no direct rout that I know of to it and no real way to defend it from attack given the fact that it is surrounded on all sides by OT holdings. A very wise purchase indeed.
    uhm...no. All over Rubi-Ka. Go back and read.

Odd, I could have sworn that the clans as a whole did not benefit from Silverstone getting highly advanced weaponry for free, more so since it has not improved the effectiveness of the guards in Tir at all. However please, tell me exactly how Silverstone’s gain benefits me or any other clan member?
    Omnis don't have time to stand around while they're in Tir. Take that for what it's worth.

Ah yes, Sary, is she not a member of your clan now? As to your opinion of my decisions being poor ones that have lead me to no longer being on the CoT or view the private and restricted sections of the forums. It is by far any kind of loss to me. As to it being my opinion about those who rock the boat being left out to dry, might I call your attention to the lack of response when a CoT member was assassinated? I do not seem to recall any motion for any CoT sponsored investigation into what happened. Of course seeing as Xaun was not exactly popular with a few of the topic setters in the CoT I cannot say I am truly surprised by your lack of concern of her fate. Thank the Source that the Redeemed were able to get the Guardians to intervene on her behalf.
    You have lost your mind. Sary is part of Whisper's Edge and has been for some time now. She just recently joined Assembly but she was voted in while she was in Whispers Edge. For the rest of that... it was never brought to my attention that you wanted to investigate other than accusations and arguments on public gridfeeds. Every month I wait for suggestions for topics to come up. No one says word number one to me.

Even if I had been aware of what the CoT wanted me to address them about it would have taken far more than the seven minutes I took due to the amount of information there was to impart to you all, as it was I was forced to leave out a great deal of information that had been gathered. As to the fact that no consensus has been reached yet, it is not surprising.
    and? The regulations had been up for a couple of months before that. We didn't really have to enforce them because most people prepare material beforehand.

Being childish aside the staff dose control the Council, it is the staff that sets the agendas and with out a subject being included on the agenda that subject can not go anywhere. The only reason many people think that the CoT is the government for the clans is that is how the CoT presents its self and they have not thought to question it, no fault of theirs really many of them are new to the planet and simply think that is the way things are.
    so you will think for them. How noble.

This article is ressurecting from the dead an issue which could have died peacefully and the bickering would have stopped.

Speaking as Faith Seist, and not Lieutenant Doctor Seist, I believe the CoT form of 'rule' (nothing meant by this word choice) is more advantageous to you, since the clans are, apparently, built on freedom and free speech etc

Of course, joining Omni-Tek and faithfully toiling for the good of the corporation, is the only true way forward!
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

If they refuse to organize in a Clan, they can always try to have their thoughts forwarded via other Clans, or make them heard on the public part of the CoT gridforum.
    Why are we talking about "so few people who should be allowed to make desicions for for the Clans"? Member Clans of the CoT can bring topics up on the agenda if they wish. In most cases, it will be added. If during the meeting it is decided some sort of action should be taken, it is likely to be voted upon when there are multiple views on the subject. The majority will rule. I find that quite fair, don't you?

As for the membership fee you, Xaun and friends like to bring up from time to time.. What the hell is wrong with that? One lousy million credits for the betterment of the Clans, is that so much to ask? Hell, if you refuse to pay, or can't pay the fee, there's always someone who will be willing to pay for you. I myself will gladly pay the fee for any Clan that does not have the financial means to pay for itself out of my own pocket, no matter their alignment.

No, I am not. I am a member of Assembly. However, when I applied for a position on the CoT clerical staff, I was still a member of Whisper's Edge. When I was voted in, I was still a member of Whisper's Edge. Only by the time there was a CoT meeting, I was a member of Assembly. But why does that matter anyway?
    My political views have nothing to do with it. My work for the CoT goes above political views and alignments. I don't care if it's a stupid Knight asking for help or a Sentinel, I'll help either to the best of my ability.

You could have known the council wanted you to give an update on the matter. But even if you did not, and failed to give all the information at the meeting, you could still post it all on the gridforum, where it could have been discussed further.
    The staff does not control the Council. It is Taren that sets the agenda yes, but it is the member Clans that may add topics to the agenda if they wish. And a request is not simply turned down without a very good reason. Apart from that, almost every time there's an open floor at the end of the meeting, where any Clan may address anything they wish.
    Oh and let me give you a childish barb in reply to the one you gave me. Spellchecker, look it up and use it, you are driving mine crazy.
    Hahaha.. If there's anyone here who should use a spellchecker, it's you!
    Last edited by Sary; Sep 19th, 2006 at 10:36:38.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Ahh the simple pleasures of being Neutral. Picking flowers in the meadows, eating Borealis fried chirop, listening to Nyadach on the bongo drums...

And my favourite, laughing at the Clans and their in fighting. And Omni laughing at the clans in fighting too.

Perhaps if Xaun were made to go away permanently, this notion would go away permanently?
    GorgeFodder3 - Deceased
    NotumFodder - New and improved with 80% more loyalty to Omni

Till All Are Free?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorge View Post
    Ahh the simple pleasures of being Neutral. Picking flowers in the meadows, eating Borealis fried chirop, listening to Nyadach on the bongo drums...

And my favourite, laughing at the Clans and their in fighting. And Omni laughing at the clans in fighting too.

Perhaps if Xaun were made to go away permanently, this notion would go away permanently?
    the idea will not go away cause from what I understand from the people whom I still communicate in the CoT. It is thier hope that one day a real governing body will be in place for the clans as a whole and not some placeholder for which the CoT seems to be....... wait im wrong the CoT isn't a governing body so thier rules apply to no one even that rule where you can't enter "thier" building during a meeting without worring about your safety of course this does not apply to the few orginization that have paid thier dues and have become members (how many member orgs?? and how many clan orgs are thier??) seems to me the few control and act in the best interest of the many

I don't dislike what the CoT is just how it conducts its business. As for people shooting down a "proposed" UCN who cares? It was just an idea from an Idealisic individual I am certain it won't be the last and I know its not the first.

The idea that is the UCN will never die the way in which it is structured most certainly will. What do all (not including Omni and stupid fence sitters) you have against a "UNIFIED CLAN NATION" to me someone who is against that idea is a power hungry elitest or dead?omni?

Did you read the replies I wrote or are you just looking for another argument?
    Yes I did. However it seems to me that you are remaining willfully ignorant of what I am saying judging by some of your latest words.

Silly debate. What this boils down to is the council protecting itself versus a very easy avenue of spy inflitration. It's silly to think otherwise.
    And you think that it is still not easy for anyone to infiltrate the CoT now? The most obvious thing that they can do is get 10 spies together to form a clan and entering that way. Or one spy building an organized clan with actually clan members in it and then sit on the council that way. Security in the CoT is ever bit as bad as the security in Omni.

I dearly love the argument about the fee. Please, by all means don't donate for the good of something if you don't feel the need. Someone on the council has always willingly stepped forward with this fee to those clans who needed it, just so they can participate. ...and as a matter of fact, I have yet to see anyone who has needed it. Good god get over it. It helps us help everyone else.
    Aside from the fact that you only answered on small part of the questions you quoted me upon the point is not the high cost it is the fact that some clans simply seem to be buying status symbols and caring little about what happens to the clans as a whole.

Wrong again. I've said it a hundred times. We can keep arguing this ad nauseum if you like but you and I won't settle much. I suggest you take it directly to Commander Silverstone since the Council won't attempt to tell another clan what to do. You will, we won't.
    The self-proclaimed Commander Silverstone has no trouble with telling the clans as a whole of what we will do, allow him to remain in Tir, which he basically invaded and took over by military means. Much like Omni did with Borealis years later.

Now, you know better than that. We made that rule for a number of reasons and it wasn't just this UCN idea. Think about it and lets not give you another black eye with bad publicity.
    Oh really? Then why is it that in my reading of the CoT meeting logs, and while I will admit I have not read them all, that there are no other cases of some one coming forth with a proposal like the UCN or bringing into question the entire process of the CoT? If I am mistaken and others have done similar things then please, show me.

Well, there are rules in place for the CoT to protect itself from internal destruction and if you want it (and you really have to want it), you have to leave to get it done. Don't waste other clans time by showing up just to figure out ways to destroy the CoT for some half-baked idea to get silverstone out of Tir.
    Again with the blatant misconceptions, I do not wish the destruction of the CoT however if I am left with no choice I will not hesitate to begin such a campaign. Such a choice would be forced if the CoT decided to take military action against the UCN or any of its supporters. Until such time I shall work from outside of the CoT, and idea you have just tried to claim as your own for I left well before your suggestion, to see the UCN formed. Xaun may believe that the CoT is the best path for the inception of the UCN; I do not share that belief.

and yet you just criticized us for not allowing the free exchange of ideas. So, you're complaining that someone that is rabidly opposed to the CoT not be allowed to fill meetings with thoughts about abolishing the CoT and forming a new less than well thought out government system? Have you completely lost your mind?
    There is nothing wrong with the state of my mind Astera other than the fact I am passionately in support of an idea that could very well take the Clans into the future and change the destiny of the Clans for all time and for the better as well. As to your accusations that the UCN is not a well thought out government system, you are very incorrect in that thought, a lot of thought and a lot of planning are going into this idea where as the current CoT is only a slightly altered version of the original CoT that has not learned from the mistakes of its predecessors.

I haven't looked at it but theres...three, maybe four... out of 16. Thats not a lot, it's a few. Reach further and you may have an argument one day.
    And here you have been telling me time and time again that I do not read and you have just admitted that you are not as informed on the goings on of the CoT as you have been professing. For example there are five different classified protocols in place in just the last 2 months. There is little way for anyone to know what those are for, what success they have or if they are for the betterment of the clans or not. Let me show you what my counting shows me just on the ones you have graced us with.

Classified operations – 4 at least depending if all the investigations are classified or not, if so the total goes to 6
    Failed Operations – 2 Newland, as far as I am aware, is having little to do with us, something about Tir and people being shot.
    Operations supporting Sentinals – 2
    Military Operations – 4

Trivializing an important event isn't nice. There was a three to four month period of time where we didn't have to worry about them, thanks to the SENTINELS and the COUNCIL OF TRUTH. What happened later, happened. Nothing any one of us could do about it. There was nothing Tarkhan Zora could do about it.
    As far as I can tell we had not had to worry about them for months before this action and from what I can find the Unicorn officer who revealed that he was a member of the Dust Brigade was the Commander of the Dust Brigade. While the operation was successful in basic military terms it was far from the outstanding operation that crippled them as you believe. If you do not believe me you should ask Commander Windguaerd and see if he is of similar opinion or not.

uhm...no. All over Rubi-Ka. Go back and read.
    And I have, yet I find no mention of what land was bought nor were it is located. As far as I am aware the only new areas of land that have been opened up have been the Coast of Tranquility and the Coast of Peace.

Omnis don't have time to stand around while they're in Tir. Take that for what it's worth.
    Actually the batch I saw just a few days ago were standing around, first around the whompah then outside of the club Chick Fight and later still outside of the Happy Rebel. I followed them around for about an hour relaying intel about them to anyone I could contact about them. Eventually they used the grid and left after killing a few dozen guards.

You have lost your mind. Sary is part of Whisper's Edge and has been for some time now. She just recently joined Assembly but she was voted in while she was in Whispers Edge. For the rest of that... it was never brought to my attention that you wanted to investigate other than accusations and arguments on public gridfeeds. Every month I wait for suggestions for topics to come up. No one says word number one to me.
    Once more you question the state of my mind. Feeble to say the least as an attack against me. As for your claims that it was never brought to your attention, you asked in one of those public threads if I wanted it to be a topic in the CoT agenda, I had thought it was a rhetorical question and hoped, rather foolishly, that the CoT would give a damn about one of their members being killed, you have in the past.

and? The regulations had been up for a couple of months before that. We didn't really have to enforce them because most people prepare material beforehand.
    Careful Astera, your indifference is starting to show. The answer to your one word question is this, on the one investigation team meeting I was able to schedule the talk on the subject lasted a few hours. Now before you go and use the fact that there was only one team meeting allow me to point out this, the clans that wished to help were also performing other duties as well and due to the strain on their resources and time a second meeting was unable to be scheduled.

so you will think for them. How noble.
    No, I am thinking of them, the people of the clans can think for themselves. While you may thing that they need people to do so for them I do not labor under that same misconception, after all the primary idea behind the UCN is to allow the clans as a whole to make their thoughts and opinions known threw public votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sary View Post
    If they refuse to organize in a Clan, they can always try to have their thoughts forwarded via other Clans, or make them heard on the public part of the CoT gridforum.
    I will grant you that, now the only thing that remains is to make sure the Clans as a whole know that and it is followed threw by those who the issues are brought to or by the CoT staff if done on the gridforums.

Why are we talking about "so few people who should be allowed to make desicions for for the Clans"? Member Clans of the CoT can bring topics up on the agenda if they wish. In most cases, it will be added. If during the meeting it is decided some sort of action should be taken, it is likely to be voted upon when there are multiple views on the subject. The majority will rule. I find that quite fair, don't you?

As for the membership fee you, Xaun and friends like to bring up from time to time.. What the hell is wrong with that? One lousy million credits for the betterment of the Clans, is that so much to ask? Hell, if you refuse to pay, or can't pay the fee, there's always someone who will be willing to pay for you. I myself will gladly pay the fee for any Clan that does not have the financial means to pay for itself out of my own pocket, no matter their alignment.
    The matter is not the amount Sary, it is the fact that people are buying the right to vote rather than being placed into the position by those whom they are making decisions for with out any input from them. And the problem is that the “majority” is in fact a small portion of the clans and not any kind of true majority.

No, I am not. I am a member of Assembly. However, when I applied for a position on the CoT clerical staff, I was still a member of Whisper's Edge. When I was voted in, I was still a member of Whisper's Edge. Only by the time there was a CoT meeting, I was a member of Assembly. But why does that matter anyway?
    My political views have nothing to do with it. My work for the CoT goes above political views and alignments. I don't care if it's a stupid Knight asking for help or a Sentinel, I'll help either to the best of my ability.
    Ahh, my apologies Sary I did get my clans confused there didn’t I. I do hope that your integrity dose stay true in the time to come Sary. As to what it matters it has always seemed to me that The Black Company and Assembly have always come across as the same thing to me, at least in regards to their leaders.

You could have known the council wanted you to give an update on the matter. But even if you did not, and failed to give all the information at the meeting, you could still post it all on the gridforum, where it could have been discussed further.
    No, given the reaction of Astrea and Tussa on the public gridforums I could not know that they would want one given the only thing I had to work on was “Aethyr Knights to address the Council” And the information, all the information that we could gather was on the public grid under the topic of Xaun’s assassination for anyone to see. Most of the discussion there seemed to be of people in Assembly or The Black Company saying that it was just a stunt done by Xaun to gain support for the UCN.

The staff does not control the Council. It is Taren that sets the agenda yes, but it is the member Clans that may add topics to the agenda if they wish. And a request is not simply turned down without a very good reason. Apart from that, almost every time there's an open floor at the end of the meeting, where any Clan may address anything they wish.
    Given their reactions to Xaun’s assassination I had every reason to expect any request to be turned down by them.

Hahaha.. If there's anyone here who should use a spellchecker, it's you!
    I do use one Sary, and I’m strangely disappointed that you two would result to a childish barb at the end.

Let me make a clear statement that will probably kill that UCN thingy.

Omni-Reform is clearly in favor of Lady Xaun's proposal.

It will make our job -so- much easier.

Go Xaun!

Omni-Reform Watches.
    Omni-Tek Succeeds.

Yes I did. However it seems to me that you are remaining willfully ignorant of what I am saying judging by some of your latest words.
    Poor structure...no value to the statement.

And you think that it is still not easy for anyone to infiltrate the CoT now? The most obvious thing that they can do is get 10 spies together to form a clan and entering that way. Or one spy building an organized clan with actually clan members in it and then sit on the council that way. Security in the CoT is ever bit as bad as the security in Omni.
    Whats your point? We do something to stop it and you are turning it around on us? Is this a taste of whats going to happen when you don't get your way on the UCN? Not only that, you are giving people ideas how to do it. Thank you, Twistshot. Your contribution to the clans and the safety and security of the CoT has been noted.

Aside from the fact that you only answered on small part of the questions you quoted me upon the point is not the high cost it is the fact that some clans simply seem to be buying status symbols and caring little about what happens to the clans as a whole.
    Again, you need to get over it. It has been done this way for over 2 years now and you aren't going to be the one to change it with poor arguments.

The self-proclaimed Commander Silverstone has no trouble with telling the clans as a whole of what we will do, allow him to remain in Tir, which he basically invaded and took over by military means. Much like Omni did with Borealis years later.
    Last time I looked, Tir was liberated from all the non-clan entities by the commander. I suggest that you take your concerns to Supreme Commander Simon Silverstone himself.

Oh really? Then why is it that in my reading of the CoT meeting logs, and while I will admit I have not read them all, that there are no other cases of some one coming forth with a proposal like the UCN or bringing into question the entire process of the CoT? If I am mistaken and others have done similar things then please, show me.
    Because you are the only people dumb enough to think you can push your system on everyone else and then complain when we resist. Try to make it look like our fault and then argue ad nauseum about it in public.

Again with the blatant misconceptions, I do not wish the destruction of the CoT however if I am left with no choice I will not hesitate to begin such a campaign. Such a choice would be forced if the CoT decided to take military action against the UCN or any of its supporters.
    Again... you use your tiny bit of knowledge to apply a false accusation. The CoT wouldn't declare war on an idea. On a more personal note, you make me laugh.

There is nothing wrong with the state of my mind Astera other than the fact I am passionately in support of an idea that could very well take the Clans into the future and change the destiny of the Clans for all time and for the better as well. As to your accusations that the UCN is not a well thought out government system, you are very incorrect in that thought, a lot of thought and a lot of planning are going into this idea where as the current CoT is only a slightly altered version of the original CoT that has not learned from the mistakes of its predecessors.
    Opinion.

And here you have been telling me time and time again that I do not read and you have just admitted that you are not as informed on the goings on of the CoT as you have been professing. For example there are five different classified protocols in place in just the last 2 months. There is little way for anyone to know what those are for, what success they have or if they are for the betterment of the clans or not. Let me show you what my counting shows me just on the ones you have graced us with.
    *sigh* Again, I will tell you to read. I was referring to the list I wrote. READ.

As far as I can tell we had not had to worry about them for months before this action and from what I can find the Unicorn officer who revealed that he was a member of the Dust Brigade was the Commander of the Dust Brigade. While the operation was successful in basic military terms it was far from the outstanding operation that crippled them as you believe. If you do not believe me you should ask Commander Windguaerd and see if he is of similar opinion or not.
    Well, you can put your opinions together and maybe get a cup of coffee in West Athen but I know the facts. Silverstone himself announced it at a meeting. READ.

And I have, yet I find no mention of what land was bought nor were it is located. As far as I am aware the only new areas of land that have been opened up have been the Coast of Tranquility and the Coast of Peace.
    This is the last time i'm going to explain it to you and we'll go slow. THE council of Truth added credits along with Jacobi and Silverstone so that the clans would have the opportunity to lease property from the ICC on RUBI-KA.

I am tired of arguing that. READ. this will be my last reply to this topic. If you don't get it now, you will never get it.

No, I am thinking of them, the people of the clans can think for themselves. While you may thing that they need people to do so for them I do not labor under that same misconception, after all the primary idea behind the UCN is to allow the clans as a whole to make their thoughts and opinions known threw public votes.
    I am not going to even... oh to heck with it. You said that most people don't think about the CoT and that it's just how it is. You are going to provide them with this purely bureaucratic piece of nonsense. ...and then you're saying that I said they need people thinking for them? Good god you are completely delusional. Do you actually read what you write and understand my replies? Or are you just this far out into space?

Twistshot, the UCN isn't going to happen. The Clans are fond of something called freedom. Why add layers of bureaucracy to everything? The COT works just fine as it is.

Why fix what isn't broken?

And as for this, what is it, one million credit's signing up fee to the CoT? Hell, I'll willingly give 5 million credits to 5 clans to sign up, out of my ~smirks~ kindness.
    GorgeFodder3 - Deceased
    NotumFodder - New and improved with 80% more loyalty to Omni

Till All Are Free?

Poor structure...no value to the statement.
    Oh please, is that the best that you can accomplish? No more remarks about my mental status? I would be hurt if it were not for the fact that I am highly annoyed that you seem to think that this is an adequate statement to repute my own.

Whats your point? We do something to stop it and you are turning it around on us? Is this a taste of whats going to happen when you don't get your way on the UCN? Not only that, you are giving people ideas how to do it. Thank you, Twistshot. Your contribution to the clans and the safety and security of the CoT has been noted.
    My point is this, and I shall use a colorful comparison to help your understanding. It dose no good to lock the front door to keep out thieves when you leave all the windows open.

Again, you need to get over it. It has been done this way for over 2 years now and you aren't going to be the one to change it with poor arguments.
    My such wit, so just because something has been done a certain way for a few years it makes that the way it should be? Then what is the point of the Clans in that case? Omni-Tek was around for a lot more than two years before the clans appeared and yet that did not stop us from fighting to make things better.

Last time I looked, Tir was liberated from all the non-clan entities by the commander. I suggest that you take your concerns to Supreme Commander Simon Silverstone himself.
    So he is Supreme Commander Simon Silverstone now? What is next? A title that will match his ego? I hear that no one has claimed to be Supreme High God in a few thousand years. Perhaps you will give him that rank next?

Because you are the only people dumb enough to think you can push your system on everyone else and then complain when we resist. Try to make it look like our fault and then argue ad nauseum about it in public.
    Again with the blatant misconceptions and childish insults. The UCN is not being forced on anyone nor will it ever be forced on anyone. People who wish to join it may and those who do not my follow what ever path they feel is right for them. The only person trying to force anyone to do any thing is you Astera. Always trying to make me be the good obedient little clanner who will follow your lead with out question. So I do not have the right or freedom to challenge something that I believe is wrong? Astera you need to check yourself before you proceed to claim that some one is forcing others to do something.

Again... you use your tiny bit of knowledge to apply a false accusation. The CoT wouldn't declare war on an idea. On a more personal note, you make me laugh.
    I am disheartened by the fact that you think that giving people a choice in how the are governed by a body is a matter of comedy Astera. Also more disheartening is the fact that you seem to think I am suggesting that the CoT will use military force simply because I said “if”. Many people have asked me if I plan to attack the CoT and destroy it by force of arms, that statement was directed more to them than to you. How this escalates is up to you and the CoT.

Opinion.
    Yours or mine? On the CoT or my mental state? You need to be a bit more specific there Astera you quoted a great deal of my words there and your statement leaves to many questions. But them I am not the one who asked the OTBoD for their living addresses and business schedules and gave out mine then claimed that their refusal was proof that they do not wish peace with the Clans. That my dear, was you. If you are trying to make your self a martyr you need to make the set up less blatant than this.

*sigh* Again, I will tell you to read. I was referring to the list I wrote. READ.
    I did however you seem to have neglected to quote me on my comments about it so here they are again for the sake of argument.

Classified operations – 4 at least depending if all the investigations are classified or not, if so the total goes to 6
    Failed Operations – 2 Newland, as far as I am aware, is having little to do with us, something about Tir and people being shot.
    Operations supporting Sentinals – 2
    Military Operations – 4

Well, you can put your opinions together and maybe get a cup of coffee in West Athen but I know the facts. Silverstone himself announced it at a meeting. READ.
    My dear, there are days I wonder if you are able to know anything threw the delusions that cloud your mind much less the facts. The fact is that in over a year since I have arrived on Rubi-Ka I have not hear one peep about the Dust Brigade save that we killed a general, the high commander of the Dust Brigade was in fact a Unicorn Officer, the second in command, and finally the Dust Brigade trooper that managed to get threw your so highly esteemed Silverstone’s security and enter the Tower of Truth before being sent back to reclaim by overwhelming firepower.

This is the last time i'm going to explain it to you and we'll go slow. THE council of Truth added credits along with Jacobi and Silverstone so that the clans would have the opportunity to lease property from the ICC on RUBI-KA.
    Let me try again. What land has or will the CoT help Jacobi and Silverstone buy considering that a massive opportunity to do so has come and possible gone in the shape of the Coasts. Will it be beachfront property on one of the moons perhaps? Or a lovely forest on the asteroids.

[Sfnet]: /tell Sfnet !help
    I am tired of arguing that. READ. this will be my last reply to this topic. If you don't get it now, you will never get it.
    [/QUOTE]

[Sfnet]: /tell Sfnet !help
    I am not going to even... oh to heck with it. You said that most people don't think about the CoT and that it's just how it is. You are going to provide them with this purely bureaucratic piece of nonsense. ...and then you're saying that I said they need people thinking for them? Good god you are completely delusional. Do you actually read what you write and understand my replies? Or are you just this far out into space?[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

First off you are the one who asked me if I planed to think for them, a question that leads me to believe that you, on some level, think that the people need some one to do so. Next off, aside from you and your rocker, letting people have the right to vote and making sure that their voices are heard is not a “bureaucratic piece of nonsense.” As to my location in relation to the surface of the planet, I am not the one asking OTBoD personal what their home address and day to day routines are “in the interest of peace” and proclaiming them hate and war mongers when they refuse to give you that information. Also, to top that off, you gave them your address! There is taking the first steps towards peace and suicide! How long do you think it will take some “rogue” omni employee to come to your house and try to kill you? Are you trying to emulate Xaun’s tragedy in hopes that that Silverstone will save you in a manor similar to what the Redeemed, Guardians and the Source its self did for Xaun?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorge View Post
    Twistshot, the UCN isn't going to happen. The Clans are fond of something called freedom. Why add layers of bureaucracy to everything? The COT works just fine as it is.

Why fix what isn't broken?
    First off the UCN is not going to be limiting anyones freedom Gorge.
    Second off, the CoT has claimed time and time again that it is not a governmental system, Im not trying to fix something, Im trying to build something, there is nothing there to fix

I'd like to volunteer for the publicity campaign for the UCN.

I have great people skills, and I greatly believe you people should replace the Council of Truth.

So, where do I sign up ?

Omni-Reform wants to help.
    Omni-Tek cares.

First you would have to forsake Omni-Tek and the unredeemed, then you would have to join the clans and avoid the Intern-Ops personel for say 3 months then we can begin to talk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast