Thread: More social animations

More social animations

There are numerous bars and pubs all over rubi-ka. You can buy alcoholic (and for some stupid reason, non alcoholic) beverages with different brands. But where's the effect on character? It would more delightful to drink yourself in totally-wasted condition while having few beers IRL on Friday night. Do not condemn me a pathethic nerd, since I play sometimes AO on Friday (and Saturday) evenings.

For instance, your AGI and Runspeed would be affected with serious drawbacks depending on the amount of alcohol used. You could use NCU for the in-game effect. "Self caused biotoxin Mk A"? Also, your character should become clumsy, fall to floor without no reason and be unable to walk or run straight line. One should also shout aloud random insults to NPC's and PC's and hell, why not even sing some traditional songs? Using any vehicles would cause accidents and curling lanes in traffic.

All these events should completely uncontrollable to player, which increases the fun-o-meter.

Re: More social animations

Originally posted by Sevenej
    There are numerous bars and pubs all over rubi-ka. You can buy alcoholic (and for some stupid reason, non alcoholic) beverages with different brands. But where's the effect on character? It would more delightful to drink yourself in totally-wasted condition while having few beers IRL on Friday night. Do not condemn me a pathethic nerd, since I play sometimes AO on Friday (and Saturday) evenings.

For instance, your AGI and Runspeed would be affected with serious drawbacks depending on the amount of alcohol used. You could use NCU for the in-game effect. "Self caused biotoxin Mk A"? Also, your character should become clumsy, fall to floor without no reason and be unable to walk or run straight line. One should also shout aloud random insults to NPC's and PC's and hell, why not even sing some traditional songs? Using any vehicles would cause accidents and curling lanes in traffic.

All these events should completely uncontrollable to player, which increases the fun-o-meter.
    Great idea!

That vehicle part may need bit adjusting though... How about message that says "You are not allowed to drink and drive!" instead of plain "you were attacked by nanobots for 999 points of fall damage"

And about those songs: Give us user defined scripts to do those blue texts that appear over characters head when he/she takes a sip of vintage wine! Give us /whiskyinthejar -commmand.

Also I like the NCU part for the effect: Vintage White Wine Forces Your NCU to run Mild Intoxication and Premium Scotch forces your NCU to run Extreme Intoxication!

This whole thing might attract more ppl to beautiful bars for some social action.