Just thought I'd list some of the basic questions and answers in a sticky thread.

Box, CDs and account questions

Q: What will the booster pack contain?
A: We're working on several different things for the booster pack. What is certain is that it will contain land control and graphic update and new sound.

Q: When will the booster pack be available?
A: It is scheduled to be in stores for the holiday buying season.

Q: How much will the booster pack box cost?
A: $19.99, including the Anarchy Online game client (with an own main game key).

Q: Will the booster pack be available without the game client?
A: No.

Q: Can I add the month included on the main game key on an existing account?
A: No. The included month is only valid when starting a new game account.

Q: Can I give the game client CD and game key away, and just keep the booster pack CD and key myself, for my own account?
A: Sure. Just give the CD and key away without registering an account in your own name first, as that would qualify as a violation of the EULA (on transfer of accounts).

Q: Will I have to pay an extra monthly subscription fee for the booster pack?
A: No.

Q: Can I continue to play the game without buying the booster pack?
A: Yes.

Q: Do I need one booster pack for each of my accounts?
A: Yes.

Q: If I have the booster pack, but my friend does not, what happens if we borrow each others' computers?
A: He can't use the booster pack features when borrowing your computer, since his account is not flagged with the proper access. You can't use the booster pack features on his computer unless he has the booster pack software installed. (You can bring your CD and install it there, I'm sure.)

Game-play questions

Q: How will the basics land control work?
A: Organisations can control land by placing a controller in predefines areas. The controller can be destroyed to free the area again. To help defend the area, the controlling organisation can place towers of different kinds.

Q: Which areas will be controllable?
A: That has not been fully decided yet. We will get back with more info on this when we get closer to launch. Cities will not be controllable though, and we want to stay away from what can normally be seen as a "safe" place.

Q: What benefits will land control give?
A: Controlling an area will give an bonuses (details later) to the owning organisation, including skill and experience bonuses, land-holder titles, and more.

We also hope to give personal skill bonuses from your own towers.

Q: How will small organisations stand a chance against the large ones?
A: We're working on several solutions here. Limiting the number of areas an organisation can control is an option, and want to balance it so that defense is easier than attacking.

Q: What about the players who go solo?
A: We hope to include temporary towers that will operate like a pet (though it can't move). Good for holding camps, or pulling creatures back to when hunting.

Q: What about low level organisations and low level players in big organisations?
A: Areas will come in different level ranges. We are making methods that means that some of these areas cannot be fought over by high-levels, like a level range on them.