Thread: Suggestion on Defence of Land

Suggestion on Defence of Land

Possible solution to protect smaller guilds could be the following:

Attack time windows:

(Attack time window = is time when your tower can be attacked)

A small guild (20 members) could set ,a s an example, its attack time window on Saturday from 20 GMT to 22 GMT.
    (20 members is minimum 2 hours attack time window)

While a big guild will be forced to set a bigger minimum attack time window.
    For instance a big guild will be forced to set mabey multiple attack time windows.

You could either set a minimum attack time window with also lesser bonusses or a max window (24/7) with max guild bonusses.

The minimum attack time window should be linked to the number of members of your guild.
    This avoids guilds to up their numbers by members having six alts.
    cuz this would actually penalise these guilds by being forced to set a large attack time window.

Also these attack time window make it possible for guilds to be able to defend their structures at a conviniant time and could solve the problem of different time zones in the favour of the defenders.
    Oliewabie
    Entertainer and Rubi-Ka Trotter

Feel free to visit:
    Olie's Arul Saba Store - Gems and Bracer
    Free Champagne and refreshements

Excellent idea, Bas. Time windows could be set based on a few different factors, I'd think. Give points for each of the following:

1) Size of guild (more points for bigger guild)
    2) Min level (subtract some points for a low min, though not very many as that'd be too easily abused)
    3) Max level (more points for a higher number)
    4) Avg level (more points for a higher number)

Then, based on the total number of points, assign a certain required amount of attack window time. Then, allow the guild to select the attack window(s) needed, with a minimum window size. Minimum window size is important so that you don't have the problem of people chopping their windows so small that no one would ever be able to take the tower down in the time allotted. Weight size the heaviest (more members, more defense can be mounted), then average level, then max level, and finally min level, and it should work out about right.

So, for example, a Storm type of guild (big, high average level, high max level, low min level) would be open to attack on something pretty close to 24/7, if not 24/7.

A Quizotic type guild (medium, high average level, high max level, medium min level) would be open to attack nearly 24/7, but probably not full availability.

A Nemesis type guild (small, medium average level, high max level, low min level) would probably have to worry about 4-6 hours of the day. Yeah, there aren't very many, but they should be able to mount pretty good defenses given that they have some higher players in the group.

A Zero Tolerance type clan (small, low average level, medium max level, low min level) would probably only have to worry about 2-4 hours of the day. I don't think anyone should have less than 2 hours to worry about, FWIW, I feel that's a pretty reasonable amount of time to have to watch your back, especially if you get to choose the timing.

At any rate, the balance wouldn't be done by me, nor would picking the times.

I just liked the general concept.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.