Thread: Warped to the boss

Exclamation Warped to the boss

Haven't found another post on this topic, so I thought I post it.

It has happened twice to me, that while fighting the boss I get regularly warped to him/her!

Both times, this happened, I soloed gray cave team missions (2 person catch), one in Clon****, the other in 4 Holes. All went fine until the boss room.

During the first incident I got even stuck in the !ceiling! of the boss room without any chance to escape - luckily I dropped down after a few minutes (with the boss) so I could escape.

The second time I even got warped from the floor below/above the boss room back to her feet!!!

Both times the following scheme:
    I went up and finished the bystander (one or two approaches) and started to concentrate on the boss (Engi with pet here). After one or two minutes of fight I suddenly get warped directly to the location of the boss. This does not change the combat behaviour (if I am attacked or not), but I prefer to stand close to the lift, for reasons that might be obvious. It looks a little bit like a timer/counter that is increasing, and after a certain time, some 'warp' command is initiated. Extremly annyoing when you zoned down/up at low HP to heal yourself up and still have the attack on you and get warped back to the boss room ... .

Only happened when I am alone, so far.

Somebody else?

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Some bosses are supposed to warp you.
    And it does not surprice me that FC managed to screw it up. Getting warped to the ceiling.... bah!

btw, I've never met any warping bosses. (lucky me, I guess)

This has happened to me and several others I know of.

Not a bug, I think. Some bosses have the 'power' to teleport you to them. And yes, it -is- annoying if you've just escaped the boss room to sit down and heal up, but there's not a whole lot to be done about it rather than try escaping the boss room again, if you're teleported to the boss.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Aha

Thanks for the info, guys. Soso,

it's not a bug, it's a feature - where did I hear that before ... ?

Must have missed that one - wait, some bosses now know new tricks ... (ahhh, I remember something like that). While I have to say, it ****es the thing up, it has happened to me only with Bosses, that use ranged weapons ... - would make sense on melee bosses if they are surrounded by gun wielding characters.

-> Kzak: Right, I managed to escape a second time, thanks to my pet and the attack delay timer after zoning, but I will have an closer eye on my health bar, just in case I have to escape a second time.

So long,

Max(imilian)

P.S. Where did you get that hair cut, looks not bad on you
    100% curious

I've been warped to the boss several times, but never from another floor. If you get warped you will exit combat mode. Must be a hell to get warped while soloing a boss, so I understand the frustration.

hmm... 4Holes and Clon**** .. Are you framing tokens? :-)
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Cool Well

-> EvilBaffle

... Must be a hell to get warped while soloing a boss, so I understand the frustration.

Actually I couldn't see the sense behind such an action, therefore I wondered, and yes, my Adrenalin alway jumps skyhigh, when I get warped to the Boss with low HP.

But to be honest, sometimes it is really benefical to have a stupid pet with you (don't tell the other professions, I said Engi has a good side ).
    If you manage to drag your rust can all the way to the boss room and if the boss is not to high in level (yellow/orange) and your pet is high enough and your Aggro trimmer is of appropriate level (a lot of ands, I know), then it is rather feasable to get the boss.
    You just enter the room, put the pet on the Boss (draw aggro) and after a few hits attack the bystander with the pet and by yourself. Just switch the pet between Boss and assistant as you need for aggro and zone when you can't heal up the pet any more. With this tactic I can solo team missions (2) up to my own level usually. Sometimes even 1.1 missions (sometimes).

These trash can takes a lot, ya know. Just keep yourself out of the line of fire.

What do you mean with farming tokens?

/me turns around and starts counting tokens: 1, 2, 3, ... 390, 391, 392.

Not really farming, but at level 100 I am allowed to upgrade to 400 token board and I need that final 700 HP asap (asides from 200 NP and CL) - Homo Nano Engi here.

Enough off topic stuff for now,

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

The summoning was added in 14.4:

We have added a couple of new team boss monster types. One of these has the ability to summon players, so be careful.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...oduction/live/

Similar problem, not exactly the same.

I've been warped back UP to the boss room, right after escaping and sitting down to heal. Rather frustrating, but it only happened once. This is one "feature" that they could have left out.

I've also encountered a similar situation in a single player (non-boss) mission. I was running for the exit because I had bitten off more than I could chew and when I was within a few feet of the exit door, I was suddenly warped back to the spot I had originally started to flee from ... several rooms back.

Ayone else experienced this? Is this a known "bug" or is it a "feature?"

Soroun

I have had that, yes, but it's always seemed to me to be lag related.

Me too

I've experienced the boss warping me back up to him after I went down to heal. The best way to avoid this is to move 2 rooms or more away from the boss button. That affords some safety from the boss warp.
    Hope this helps!
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Other boss mobs do this as well

Tarasque and Morgan Le Faye
    possibly mantis queen
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Warping

When the team missions where brought back into the game, there where in the patchnotes that some bosses would have summon powers.

I was summon back to the boss room a few times in the same mission.

The first till third time i was rooted and could press the button to go back a floor than before i could break the root i got summon back to the boss, glad i had a team with me because my nano was low and had no more to heal up.

The fourth - sixth time was because the boss was to hard we quited and ran back to the exit. When i was at the main floor and in the first room (yes the one with the door to the zone) i got summon back to the boss so i ran like a man man to the elevator button and had to run the whole mission without making a bad turn, because i did a few and got back in the boss room again.

Finally i logged and when i came back i was still in mission (even that we finished it) but now i could get out of it without being summoned back.

This happend some weeks ago.

A quick bit

I haven't encountered this enough to be certain, but I think that Bosses can only summon people that they have aggroed. So a good stratagy for this might be to have one person with decent health be the last one to leave a room and make sure they have aggro before they go down. That way they don't necessarrilly kill you.