Thread: Freelance: Espionage in the 30th Millenia

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Espionage in the 30th Millenia

Espionage in the 30th Millenia
    September, 9th 29480 - Noticiero Rivera
    [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance: This topic comes up almost every year, especially during security leaks from the BoD or the CoT meetings. It's that time again.

They spy on us and in return we spy on them. Then there is the counter-espionage from both sides, and those who "play" both sides to make double the profit.

This dance of "who can get the best intel" on each other has been performed since the 2nd world war (29374) between the clans and Omni-Tek after the formation of the Council of Truth (and the arrest of all leaders at their first meeting which started the second war).

Oh and let's not forget the gigantic propaganda machine that Omni-Tek has at it's disposal.

With commercials on the grid claiming "You never die on Rubi-Ka!" (And 'forget' to tell the insurance technology has an age limitation), "Be at the center of the universe!" (Which is now under siege by an armada of aliens), "Get to the top of your career with us on Rubi-Ka, free medical benefits!" (Once again not mentioning the dangers on Rubi-Ka or the fact their 'benefits' do not apply if you're outside OT cities/outposts/mines and if something kills you in the wild you're on your own) how can people across the universe make an educated decision?

Once a new arrival lands, the first thing most realize is the big mistake of coming here. Who wants to be on a planet under siege by huge green aliens?

Then an employee must do as he/she is told, otherwise risk not just losing their position but their lives (OT has very nice 'laws' regarding their security...they can point the finger at anyone and arrest them for any reason whatsoever).

Those who are smart enough to either remain neutral or join the clans are a bit better off, but Rubi-Ka remains a dangerous place for us as well.

Not only from the aliens, the terrorists (hello Dust Brigade and The Legion!), the mutants that roam our world (thanks to Omni-Med for releasing their failed experiments), the criminals that exist among all factions and lets not forget the harsh weather (the lovely sand storms that stops from you seen a foot in front of you).

On top of that, there are the spies. Who can you trust? Who can't you trust?

The newbie that just landed on Rubi-Ka may not be the 'confused young clanner' or 'confused young employee' he/she claims to be. Some are sent here from Omni-Prime, or are 'recycled' Omni-Pol or Omni-InternOps members with new identities trying to get intel on the clans, or they are clan sympathizers from other worlds trying to get intel on the corporation to help the clans and their security.

Both sides play dirty, after all..."All is fair in love and war" like the ancient saying goes.

We're in the middle of the 7th Rubikan war, against each other, against the aliens, against every other thing out there trying to kill us in the middle of the day, or in the darkest of nights.

The questions remain; Who can you trust? Who can't you trust?

Is the helpful guild friend that was at your side fighting the alien threat at your city trying to gently get information from you? Or is he just curious?

Is the friend you made in a team mission real or a fake, trying to get close to you and maybe those who have intelligence he could use?

The world once was black and white, us and them. Now it's full of grays and it's more confusing than ever. Can you even trust your own family?

For over 100 years these questions have been harder, and harder to answer. And in these times of trouble where everything seems to be against us, even ourselves sometimes...the answer may lie on just plain faith.

Faith that we won't be betrayed by a cousin or a brother or a friend.

Faith that we will prevail in our cause for a free and independent Rubi-Ka.

Faith in a bright future for our children.

Faith...in each other.

Espionage in the 30th Millennia, a hot topic every year that sometimes divides us, makes us over think and fear our own shadow.

Perhaps it is time to close our eyes, feel the breeze and just remember, we're still here.

The fight continues and life goes on. For better or for worse, trust is important among the clans...but keep your guard up.

This is Reporter 'Noticiero' Rivera, and this has been 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive'!
    Last edited by Editor: IRRK; Sep 9th, 2006 at 15:34:35.

Well, I am impressed. This was a well writen peice for a change and highly accurate.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Yes indeed.

Very well written for a piece of Clan propaganda. Its almost subtle enough for most 8 year old Omni-Tek citizens to miss.

But it is still clan propaganda, no matter how informative and acurate.

I would have expected the "Independant" reporters of Rubi-Ka to stay away anything that smells of sided-preference.

Ah, such is life.

Omni-Reform Teaches.
    Omni-Tek succeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime View Post
    Yes indeed.

Very well written for a piece of Clan propaganda. Its almost subtle enough for most 8 year old Omni-Tek citizens to miss.

But it is still clan propaganda, no matter how informative and acurate.

I would have expected the "Independant" reporters of Rubi-Ka to stay away anything that smells of sided-preference.

Ah, such is life.

Omni-Reform Teaches.
    Omni-Tek succeeds.

Umm...

It's not Clan propaganda, IRRK means Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka, their Neutral journalists.

The Clan journalists are the FJRK, which unlike this, have no ability to write accurate or truthful statements in the least.

Noticiero is, unfortunatlyand as far as i know, clan.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    Espionage in the 30th Millenia

Oh and let's not forget the gigantic propaganda machine that Omni-Tek has at it's disposal.

With commercials on the grid claiming "You never die on Rubi-Ka!" (And 'forget' to tell the insurance technology has an age limitation), "Be at the center of the universe!" (Which is now under siege by an armada of aliens), "Get to the top of your career with us on Rubi-Ka, free medical benefits!" (Once again not mentioning the dangers on Rubi-Ka or the fact their 'benefits' do not apply if you're outside OT cities/outposts/mines and if something kills you in the wild you're on your own) how can people across the universe make an educated decision?

Then an employee must do as he/she is told, otherwise risk not just losing their position but their lives (OT has very nice 'laws' regarding their security...they can point the finger at anyone and arrest them for any reason whatsoever).

Those who are smart enough to either remain neutral or join the clans are a bit better off, but Rubi-Ka remains a dangerous place for us as well.

Not only from the aliens, the terrorists (hello Dust Brigade and The Legion!), the mutants that roam our world (thanks to Omni-Med for releasing their failed experiments), the criminals that exist among all factions and lets not forget the harsh weather (the lovely sand storms that stops from you seen a foot in front of you).

The fight continues and life goes on. For better or for worse, trust is important among the clans...but keep your guard up.

This is Reporter 'Noticiero' Rivera, and this has been 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive'!
    Read these selected quotes. From what I see, the author has several negative comments against Omni-Tek, and very little to say againts the clans.

This is propaganda. And should the Independant Reporters of Rubi-Ka choose to allow such propaganda to flourish, then we of Omni-Tek shall have no choice but to counter it in kind.

I have not abused my privileged position amongst the IRRK to promote Omni-Tek in any way in my first article (Alien Menace Spreads on Rubi-Ka), even when we consider my own position within the company. Nor has Omni-Tek any say in my IRRK articles.

I expect Mr. Rivera to post an apology to the Independant Reporters for such unprofessional behavior. Or face the consequences of using free and independant speech for his own insidious gain.

Do not allow the clans to use this as a springboard to chaos. Leave IRRK free of the evil prejudices that cover the rest of our world.

Joseph "JubilexPrime" Prime
    Director of Omni-Reform, Field Ops and Freelance IRRK reporter.

Omni-Reform teaches.
    And in my spare time, I inform.

Oh get over it JubileX, I know as well as you that he is very accurate on those points. During my time in Inter-Ops and working with Refrom I have assisted on the arrest of several OT employees for things as tivial as "Unsafe usage of OT property" IE, using a bent paper clip to clean from under their nails.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Whether the reporter is right or wrong, this is indeed gross missuse of a neutral service.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Ive noticed something, unless it is praising OT as heavenly champions and denouncing the Clans as the spawn of evil, you always say that it is Clan propaganda or a missuse of neutral resources.

Anyone who, that is omni allied, say's anything that is not completly in line with what you want them to say is branded a traitor, sympathizer or spy. If they say anything against Omni, do anything less than toe the perfect line, they are fined, imprissoned, sent to reform, or have an accident under circumstances that prevent the use of reclaim technology.

You have people dealing with terrorists, namely the Nanomage Liberation front, who are in the same league of scum as the Dust Brigade, whom I might add had people in your Dust Brigade at the highest levels and may be infact Unicorn members them selves, and Nanomage Legion a group of child murdering psycopahts with deliusions of god-head.

The only thing that kept your excesse and stupidity in check was a man who now lays in a coma, or atleast thats the last we heard about Mr. Ross.

Im not saying that the clans are not with out problems too, heck there are probably quite a few who consider me a problem. However, we dont try to portray ourselves as some shining beacon of purity and light as you all try to do in Omni-Tech. You may wish it other wise, but the fact is light casts shadow, and showdows give way to darkness.

Break free of the status quo for even just a moment, think for your selves see for your selves what is around you fight free of your ignorance for just a moment and ask your selves what is really there. After that if you wish you can slip back into that blissfull ignorance and forget what you saw, if you can.

I am not telling you to join the Clans, for that would make me no better than Omni and many of the other people in the Clans as well. This is about choices, can you live with the way things are? Do you think that you may be able to do something to change them for the better? Is it something you can not stand and wish to opose?

One last thing. Ignorance is simply a condition caused by a lack of knowledge, a condition that can be changed by learning.

Exclamation

I stand by my article, it is accurate and it fairly portrays the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by JubileX_Prime View Post

Do not allow the clans to use this as a springboard to chaos. Leave IRRK free of the evil prejudices that cover the rest of our world.

Joseph "JubilexPrime" Prime
    Director of Omni-Reform, Field Ops and Freelance IRRK reporter.
    Prejudices like an Omni reformer saying "Don't read this it's Clan-made" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    no, more like, "Don't read this it's Clan made and stolen from Neutrals".

Just another example how Clans have to take from others to make a point or to have something to call their own, now they've resorted to invading Editorial sects to spew off their misguided ideologies because their own Editors did'nt write enough non-sense.

Thats the neutral spirit!

I am standing by my words. All of them.

Yes, I am an Omni-Tek employee. Yes, I am a Director of Omni-Reform, by choice.

I have never pretended that Omni-Tek is pure wholesome goodness. I know that the most powerful megacorp in the galaxy is rife with corruption, intrigue and evil.
    I have both eyes open, and make decisions based on the facts I gather.

I am Omni-Reform, to purge corruption from the Rubi-Ka branch of the Corporation.
    I use the tools at my disposition to seek them out and reform them, according to the contract they signed.

By the very existance of Reform, Omni-Tek acknowledges that it does containt corrupt elements. We are too big not to.

And I am terribly dissapointed that the Independant Reporters of Rubi-Ka have allowed an article so biaised towards the clan to be aired. I would never have chosen to use my civilian position, which I am entitled to hold and use during my off-duty time, to advance the cause of Omni-Tek. I do not need to. I already do so in my active duty.

Hopefully, the IRRK network will rethink their strategy and stop further propaganda from leaving their shop. Clans have their own network for their use, just as we do.

And Mr. Twistyshot. If in your time as Internops and reform you were allowed to arrest employees for cleaning their nails with OT office supplies, its no wonder that Omni-Tek can have such a bad reputation. Such abuse of power today isnt only frowned upon... it would land you in Reform yourself, as a client.
    As to criticizing company policy, employees have a right to their opinions. Which they can freely voice when off-duty. Again, as per their contract.

The Omni-Tek of the past is not the Omni-Tek of the future.

We are Omni-Tek.
    We are successful.
    We are your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    And adressing your views, sir. My comment was not made as an Omni-Tek employee. My comment was made as a freelance writer of the IRRK. I would have passed the same comment to any Omni-Tek employee using this free station to unfairly advantage Omni-Tek, with the added advantage that I could initiate corrective measures immediatly upon said employee. Whatever you may think, I believe in fairness.
    Last edited by JubileX_Prime; Sep 14th, 2006 at 03:05:27. Reason: Commented on Mr.Kotts, which I had forgotten to do.