Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please Read an Exploit Revealed

Riiight...
    Why isn't essence self-only?
    Why isn't wrangle self-only?
    Why isn't Iron Circle self-only?

What about Masteries, infuses, mochams, runbuffs, expertice buffs, HE, Mark of Peril (the new MA critbuffs), layered shields, warp time&space..., grid phreak (team), Superior First aid (doc +80 treatment), Brutal thug, headcracker, Feline Grace, Enhanced sences, Sniper's bliss, Riot control....damn, they're so many, I could go on and on...

Why do you think they're not self-only? Because they were intended to not be. They were intended as a part of the game.
    Only problem is about those few NFs that became self-only, is FC had their head up their butt and never thought about concequences for certain nanos (MA critbuffs WAS overpowered, traders complitbuffs was Uber for low lvl chars, and they DID NOT want that... and so on)

Want me to carry on?

Originally posted by Mmore
    Riiight...
    Why isn't essence self-only?
    Why isn't wrangle self-only?
    Why isn't Iron Circle self-only?

What about Masteries, infuses, mochams, runbuffs, expertice buffs, HE, Mark of Peril (the new MA critbuffs), layered shields, warp time&space..., grid phreak (team), Superior First aid (doc +80 treatment), Brutal thug, headcracker, Feline Grace, Enhanced sences, Sniper's bliss, Riot control....damn, they're so many, I could go on and on...

Why do you think they're not self-only? Because they were intended to not be. They were intended as a part of the game.
    Only problem is about those few NFs that became self-only, is FC had their head up their butt and never thought about concequences for certain nanos (MA critbuffs WAS overpowered, traders complitbuffs was Uber for low lvl chars, and they DID NOT want that... and so on)

Want me to carry on?
    Nope. You are carrying on enough for all of us

I present those nanos as examples of items that were made self only, False Profession proof, or level reqed because Funcom has not decided what they want or how they want to do it. They have not figured out a master plan for nanos so I like pointing it out as a nice big hole. Also, let’s not forget that FC never intended the +80/+60 treatment buffs (doc/adv) to be used just for installing implants. If many of them had their way, those nanos would be self only also. The new model is level req everything. Oh goodie.

Back to the issue, this “design flaw” does not hurt anyone. It would hurt a noobie MORE to start at level 60 (without twinkers to help him with money and gear) then an ALT of a level 150 who wants to reroll but needs to get up to a level that other ALTs in the guild are so that he can play together with them.

I think you are over applying your high Principles to a molehill. Perhaps we can debate environmental law instead?

Simply another case of something that really isn't a big issue that the thousand whiney babies that frequent this forum choose to make into an issue.

NERF THE CRYBABIES!

Martek

Thumbs up Excellent points

Originally posted by Mmore
    fine, fine... it don't affect you, so everything is just dandy, right? Selfish you are! (think that sentence in Yoda's voice)

What happens, when every secondary char fast forwards to lvl 60?
    What happens when the newbies don't find skilled players to team with?
    What happens when newbies don't have a clue on how to reach lvl 60, because they don't know **** about the game beause none of the "old-timers" team with them and tell them stuff?
    What then?

...btw, all FC needs to do, is change the coding to make sure the lvls of teammembers are checked when combat is initiated....

Ayabe, you sounds like a complete whiner. Why does it bother and/or affect you, just play your game and have fun.

Not many people will bother with the time it takes to set up this kind of powerlevelling. I am level 200, and have created many alts, deleted many too. It takes me less than a week to get to 60 with no help at all. WHATS THE BIG DEAL ??

I should think the thing that REALLY helps a new character is an infux of ready credits !! I suppose you are against that too eh ?

The ability to buy anything you want for your new character is by far the most helpful thing for any new character. And I find it fun.
    High level characters already have a good understanding of game mechanics, so why not.

Powerlevelling can also be done using a high level tank to taunt mobs for the low level, but who wants to BOTHER with that ?

Spending ready credits to twink your noob character you can level once per mission anyways.

There really is nothing much to do at 200, which brings up an off-topic idea : I wish some benefit to getting to 200 were in the game, ie guns/armor that goes to 250 ? or being able to do team missions, or whatever. There seems to be no point going from 199 to 200. No outdoor fun. Once above 100 its all about indoor missions..

Originally posted by xoox

Powerlevelling can also be done using a high level tank to taunt mobs for the low level, but who wants to BOTHER with that ?

Yes why bother with acutally playing the game when you can exploit it.

Game Mechanics

lvl 200 nt teams with 2 or 5 lvl 10 noobs at shade camp in 20k
    lvl 200 nt area nukes 20 lvl70-90 shades down to 10% hp
    lvl 200 nt leaves team and nukes w00ts left of shads hp
    And noobs get xp

LMAO! that must take forever to setup.
    /me wonders why FC nerfd krys ritual knife
    /me wonders why FC nerfd mission running for xp

Just because this applyes to lower lvls dosent make the lick of diffrens.
    Last edited by Smegmeister; Aug 27th, 2002 at 02:34:59.

Originally posted by Nukebeam
    Yes why bother with acutally playing the game when you can exploit it.
    Why bother trying to understand what's happening when you can hang a convenient tag on it and whip out a snappy one-liner.

Originally posted by Shub
    Why bother trying to understand what's happening when you can hang a convenient tag on it and whip out a snappy one-liner.
    lol

Ohhh i just dont know!

I can see both sides of the argument here. I have to say i was against it when i first heard of it. I can see the advantages of skipping the first 60 levels for a player whos seen all they have to offer many times before. Then again, i can understand the argument that just because you have multiple high level chars on your account that doesnt mean you should be subject to a set of rules regarding exploits different from everyone else.

My main concern though is all this hulabaloo about what levels your going to find experienced players to team with at. In my mind theres already numerous distinct levels of "Experience".

Im an "Experienced" player in that i've played the game for over a year, and therefore would say i know what im doing when teaming etc. Im not "Experienced" however in knowing the names, phone numbers, and blood type of every GM, the location of every single point of interest in the entire game, the spawn times of everything down to the smallest leet etc.

In my mind theres an entire class of players seperate from players like myself aware of, and using, exploits like this one that appear ridiculously elitist to the outside observer. Using exploits like this one creates bad feeling amongst those who do use it and those who dont. Someone who has invested a lot of time and effort in getting their char to level 60 is obviously going to feel a tad miffed when finding out that the person they're teaming with did it in a few hours.

Look at this thread for example, opinion seems pretty much divided between those using it (or those who dont need to) and those who resent people using it beacause they are unaware of it. Personally i think it unbalances things too much, yes the drudgery of starting a new char is a problem, but the solution, at least in my humble/poorly articulated/downright worthless opinion is not to allow a certain elitist group to abuse an exploit the majority of players have no access too.

Personally im proposing that everyone should start at level 200, and work BACK towards level 1, steadily losing abilities etc as you go, the reward/incentive for levelling being the increased awareness that possesions are fleeting and true happiness comes from enlightenment. Or something.

/me searches for the point he lost round about the half-way mark

I do

Let it be.

I also would suggest anyone had an option to create an alt at or below the level of his/her main.

And if one of those powerleveled/boosted/"adult born" chars ends up in your team and gets you all killed, so what. If that's the only time you'll get killed you're already bored to death anyway.

And, why do I have the feeling all those oppose to this have this fix idea this game is about competing with others? w00t, you got to 100 while I'm still at 60! Cheater! Bah... I play this for fun and couldn't care less if they set all your skills to 7000, put blue name tag on you, give you whole Dust Brigade gang and a cookie. But no muffin! FC, don't you dare give people muffins!

"They have bigger d1cks? Bomb them!"

---------------

P.S. Do I get a filter warning now?
    postcount++

Originally posted by Meligant

2. then I can guarantee that this method couldn't have been used from more then 70-80 levels. After that level it takes longer to use this method then to just do some team missions.
    After lvl 60, you do it with an MA and get to lvl 120ish in one week-end.
    The high lvl MA kills in 30 seconds lvl 170 npc in missions for 5% exp of the current lvl of the twink = 1 lvl per 5-10 min. It's viable up to 130 easily.

Originally posted by Prof Predator

After lvl 60, you do it with an MA and get to lvl 120ish in one week-end.
    The high lvl MA kills in 30 seconds lvl 170 npc in missions for 5% exp of the current lvl of the twink = 1 lvl per 5-10 min. It's viable up to 130 easily.
    Agreed. It is feasible to change from the "NT method" to the "High level anyone method" up until about level 120ish. However, once anyone hits the 180ish MOB range and stops getting 10% exp per kill, the leveling is slowed and this extra "past level 60-70" effort stops.

I've never seen this method at work after level 80 but I’d expect that once a character hits level 110-120ish that they would no longer be getting 5-10% per kill. Also, compared to the NT method, the time it takes to get a team of lowbies into a level 170 mission and then have the high level MA clear it sounds very time-consuming. Might work to get 10-15 more levels before it gets inefficient compared to normal play.

My level 113 agent was doing 175-180ish team missions and i would suspect was leveling faster then if I was having a level 200 someone doing add drop to the team on the same mobs. I would suspect that at around level 90, it would be better and faster to gear up your new character and go do team missions.
    Last edited by Meligant; Aug 29th, 2002 at 16:29:27.

Unhappy

It can't be that hard to fix, probably just a matter of where time and resources can be best placed. Even just preventing someone leaving a team if they are in combat would probably be enough.

I've nothing against a bit of rule-lawyering, but something like this just makes a mockery of the game.

Originally posted by Darkbane
    It can't be that hard to fix, probably just a matter of where time and resources can be best placed. Even just preventing someone leaving a team if they are in combat would probably be enough.

I've nothing against a bit of rule-lawyering, but something like this just makes a mockery of the game.
    I don't know but they have tried to fix it at least 3 times and either failed, broke it for everyone else, or just made things worse. I'd gladly support the idea of fixing it if I didn't think normal game play wouldn't get borked.

Exclamation

One thing that nobodys touched upon yet: Surely this exploit will become much more serious with the release of the booster pack? From what i understand a guilds "tower" will have its attributes determined by the number/average level of a guilds members. Surely therefore the ability to quickly "Clone" large numbers of alts to level 60 will become a huge, unbalancing advantage.

Serotonin, probably not. Most large orgs have an average level around 85, so lots of level 60s would actually hurt them.

Smile

Ahhh, i see still think this is going to become more of a problem when the booster comes out though. It is not unfeasible to beleive that we could see entire orgs made up entirely of level 60 "Ghosts" who exist merely to create a tower.

Theres also (an extreme example but noteworthy nonethless) economy implications for vast numbers of chars instantly levlling up to 60. Increased demand for items in the 80-100 level range could well see prices rise beyond the reach of players who have worked hard to get their main up to 60. This is already a problem albeit in a different form - how could a player new to AO possibly afford the 1.5mil now being asked for Q35 sets of armour? - that i fear could well be exacerbated if people continue to abuse this exploit.

Im not saying these are flawless arguments - far from it - im just trying to point out that this exploit could well affect the game to a huge degree come the booster if people continue exploiting it. The argument "im not hurting anyone by using it" in my opinion looks increasingly selfish, and short-sighted.

Arrow

The only reason for silly prices for armour sets is that armour shops are currently borked. From what I've seen 14.5 fixes this at least somewhat, so hopefully you'll just be able to shop for your own soon.

Arrow

Powerleveling chars like this is a great way to screw yourself out of the fastest token gain I've ever seen. I guess all these high levels forgot that those lightning fast missions at 15+ now give out more counted tokens (not physical tokens, but the number when you right click the board) much faster in the same time period.

Sure, everyone has a 1k board by 150-200...big deal you say.

Wouldn't you like to run around with all the advantages of a 1k board by 125? If I hadn't done crazy single mission leveling (in a team) from 75-130 like I did I would've had it by 105 or so. No farming involved either.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast