Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please Read an Exploit Revealed

I could really care less if people are doing this. Yay, you're level 60. I can still stomp a mudhole in you, and so can plenty of others. You have a long way to go before you are ready to leave, little grasshopper.

Powerleveling this way to 60-80 is no big deal. That leaves at least 120 levels to go, that this method will NOT help with.
    Aaron Simons Harkonnen

Originally posted by Simons
    I could really care less if people are doing this. Yay, you're level 60. I can still stomp a mudhole in you, and so can plenty of others. You have a long way to go before you are ready to leave, little grasshopper.

Powerleveling this way to 60-80 is no big deal. That leaves at least 120 levels to go, that this method will NOT help with.
    If you dont care why post it here? Not caring about things isnt a very good argument.

Lets say there was a littel login trick that made you dubbel the xp you have on your xp bar instantly, would you care about it then? But i guess thats not an exploit either. Nor was running missions for Xp or the credit exploit. Yep many got away with that credit exploit but but who cares, it just totaly messd up the cash balence in the game. Who cares about those Fixers not being abel to buy a GA cause a few pepol considerd it uber for there twinks and was credit exploiting.

Il tell you one thing, I care!. Because the pepol who I get to interact with online is worth all the money im paying to have my account. And a few rotten eggs shouldnt be abel to mess up this game for us.

Im not going to say anything moore, cause I think you are thinking w00t Im thinking.
    Last edited by Smegmeister; Aug 25th, 2002 at 00:57:45.

Originally posted by Nukebeam

Now that everyone knows about this exploit, guilds are going to offer powerlvling you to lvl 60 If you join there guild. And even moore guilds are going to offer the same service to there recrutes. I know there are big guilds allready out there doing this, not publicly but they offer it as a service for there low lvl recrutes.

And why not? this saves the guild lots of work and equipement to help these guys "play" from lvl 1-60. When they have EXPLOITED them to lvl 60 they just have to drop some standard issu ql 90 stuff on them.

This should have been considerd a Exploit from the moment it was discoverd.
    Why would a guild offer to powerlevel complete newbies from x-60 in a few hours?

Why would a guild want to have an army of unskilled level 60s in their ranks?

Even a guild like Rubi-Dragon wouldn't powerlevel complete newbies up to 60.

A complete newbie at level 60 only serves to make an org look bad.

Red face

Originally posted by Miir

Why would a guild offer to powerlevel complete newbies from x-60 in a few hours?

Why would a guild want to have an army of unskilled level 60s in their ranks?

Even a guild like Rubi-Dragon wouldn't powerlevel complete newbies up to 60.

A complete newbie at level 60 only serves to make an org look bad.
    Hee hee you dont need to be a brain surgon to know that guilds actually recrute pepol that are under lvl 60, and often moore then likely help there recrutes with items from depot and how to lvl there char etc.

This attitude that you dont know shet about shet until you are lvl 61 is realy weak.

The argument Miir is trying to get through here is that it will most likely not be a big problem even if it does happen.

For those new to the game wanting to skip x-60, pity on them. For me, the first 60 levels, as a newbie was the most fun part I have had so far on Rubi-Ka.

With the addition of team missions, it seems most new players goes straight from the back yard to team missions for the rest of their levels. So levels dont affect game play in any other way than to what nanos and equipment you have uploaded anyway. Who cares what other people is doing inside mission buildings......

Originally posted by Nukebeam

Hee hee you dont need to be a brain surgon to know that guilds actually recrute pepol that are under lvl 60, and often moore then likely help there recrutes with items from depot and how to lvl there char etc.

This attitude that you dont know shet about shet until you are lvl 61 is realy weak.
    So what you are saying Nuke is that Orgs should NOT help out their members with items and NOT tell them how to level....

Go play Solitaire please will you

You're right - I really don't care what the guy in the next mission is doing. I do care if my team knows what they are doing or not. I also care what people are doing in PvP zones - and the amount of time to be spent in PvP zones seems to be on the upswing.

There's no way this is right.

I do care if my team knows what they are doing or not.

That's my only concern.
    Even if they are twinks, you miss learning a lot about a profession in the first 60-70 levels.

I also care what people are doing in PvP zones - and the amount of time to be spent in PvP zones seems to be on the upswing.

I don't see the correlation between powerleveling and PvP.

guilds actually recrute pepol that are under lvl 60, and often moore then likely help there recrutes with items from depot and how to lvl there char etc

Giving lower level guildmates items is good.
    Giving lower level guildmates advice and tips on how to plat the game is good.
    Giving lower level guildmates cast to buy better items/implants/etc is good.

Powerleveling lower level guildmates from x-70 is the worst thing you could do for them.

At level 60, most people are still newbies. When I got my first character up to 50-60, I thought I knew quite a bit.
    Now that I have 5 characters over level 100, I can safely say that when I first hit 50, I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground in AO.

Nukebeam, I suppose when you get out of the low levels, you might understand this.

Originally posted by Miir
    [B]
    At level 60, most people are still newbies. When I got my first character up to 50-60, I thought I knew quite a bit.
    Now that I have 5 characters over level 100, I can safely say that when I first hit 50, I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground in AO.

Nukebeam, I suppose when you get out of the low levels, you might understand this.
    Woot are you getting at here? I thought this thread was about a very nasty exploit that has been discoverd. Just because you have a higher lvl then me dosent give you anymoore right to express your oppinon about the game then I do.

As a matter of fact, being much of a mmorpg vet I could rather find you a big n00b. It is a totaly meaning less statment, look I have played this and this RPG and this is w00t RPG is about, or I have this lvl and you are lower, your a n00b with useless dribbel. I dont find lvling my char to the highest posible lvl to be the meaning of this game.

As for those who think that this exploit should be a accepted feature of the game, I respect your oppinon and if these pepol reflect the majority on RK. So be it, keep it as a part of the game.
    Last edited by Smegmeister; Aug 25th, 2002 at 21:57:54.

Hehe nukebeam isn't the brightest bulb on the christmas tree apparently

If you dont care why post it here? Not caring about things isnt a very good argument.
    My post was intended more as a "here's my 2 cents" post rather than an argument. I think that's kind of obvious, but apparently I overestimate you.

Lets say there was a littel login trick that made you dubbel the xp you have on your xp bar instantly, would you care about it then? But i guess thats not an exploit either. Nor was running missions for Xp or the credit exploit. Yep many got away with that credit exploit but but who cares, it just totaly messd up the cash balence in the game. Who cares about those Fixers not being abel to buy a GA cause a few pepol considerd it uber for there twinks and was credit exploiting.
    That's a separate issue. (Issue which speeds up leveling to 60 and is then more or less useless after that) != (Doubling XP bar instantly whenever you want). They're not at all related. Besides, what you describe isn't even possible.

Il tell you one thing, I care!. Because the pepol who I get to interact with online is worth all the money im paying to have my account. And a few rotten eggs shouldnt be abel to mess up this game for us.
    Yeah, they're really messing up the game. I don't think anyone has really felt the effects of some seasoned and experienced players powerleveling an alt up a few levels. You make it sound as if it has some catastrophic effect on the game. Show me, and perhaps I'll believe it.
    Aaron Simons Harkonnen

ooga booga

Originally posted by Simons
    Hehe nukebeam isn't the brightest bulb on the christmas tree apparently

My post was intended more as a "here's my 2 cents" post rather than an argument. I think that's kind of obvious, but apparently I overestimate you.

That's a separate issue. (Issue which speeds up leveling to 60 and is then more or less useless after that) != (Doubling XP bar instantly whenever you want). They're not at all related. Besides, what you describe isn't even possible.

Yeah, they're really messing up the game. I don't think anyone has really felt the effects of some seasoned and experienced players powerleveling an alt up a few levels. You make it sound as if it has some catastrophic effect on the game. Show me, and perhaps I'll believe it.
    Yep maby I overshot my ball to express how oppset i am that pepol are taking advanteg, of this exploit.

The game isnt supposed to allow this way of gaining xp to happen. Just like the game wasnt supposed to allow you to dupe items and credits.

Im not the brightest bulb heh? neither are you.

Blah.
    Last edited by Smegmeister; Aug 25th, 2002 at 22:27:57.

I watched a guy go from level 0 - 200 in a matter of a month. I guess this is turning into AC.

Well since this isnt an exploit then I guess we all can level up alts this way. Sad I had to actually go through a million missions to actually earn my levels on my alts.

Gracecup is onto the right idea. Just let everyone roll all alts up to the level of their main and have done with it, then.

I still have not read an explanation regarding why this is acceptable if only a few people use it, but it becomes unacceptable if it becomes widely used. Is there something about the process that changes the more people use it? I doubt it.

The bottom line is that it is never acceptable. But, it takes work to change it, and it's not worth the tradeoff between the effort to repair and the damage done, in the eyes of whoever allocates tasks to be done to repair/fix bugs. Sadly, it does look like the best approach to actually getting it modified, then, is for everyone to start using it.

Very sad.

Please dont make this into an exploit.

Some big guilds that have FC in their leech is doing this and if FC bans them they will whine all over the forums threatening to cancel their accounts.

While everyone else gets steamrolled.

I dont want to see above scenario again it has happened before.

/sarcasm off

BAH! Why not have a server for people that have played for a while, and let them all start at lvl 60.
    Better yet, let EVERYONE start at lvl 60. NOBODY wil ever be lvl 59 or under, cause you start as lvl 60 in the backyards! Much easier, isn't it?

Then, instead of the dull lvling, you'd automaticly get 5k xp per minute you was logged in. Those who wanted to lvl faster, could kill stuff to add it up. Those lazy ones, with DSL or Cable, could simply be logged in while at school or work or whatever.

How about that?

Or better yet: When creating a new character, you spawn as lvl 200, NO! lvl 300! YES! that would rock! wouldn't it? We could gank GMs before we knew what NCUs are! YAY!

/sarcasm off

c'mon! It is wrong, and you all know it. You only defend it because you are afraid of getting caught and banned.

Give it a rest.

FC, say something like "we don't care if you did itnin the past, but if you do it from this day forth, you will be banned from here to Nebraska! And then FIX IT, DAMNIT!

WHYWHYWHY can you allow such a thing?
    HOWHOWHOW can you say it's not an exploit?

Originally posted by lancellot
    I watched a guy go from level 0 - 200 in a matter of a month. I guess this is turning into AC.

Well since this isnt an exploit then I guess we all can level up alts this way. Sad I had to actually go through a million missions to actually earn my levels on my alts.
    OK I was content to let this thread die but I knew someone was going to out-and-out lie on this thread sooner or later. Hell even Miir posted here (j/k miir)

1. I want a name so I can go look at his progression curve on AOG.
    2. IF (and I mean IF), he leveled to 0-200 in a month then I can guarantee that this method couldn't have been used from more then 70-80 levels. After that level it takes longer to use this method then to just do some team missions.
    3. It is also "possible" that if you play hardcore 8-12 hours a day and 14 hours on the weekend to easily get to 200 in a month. Few of us have that kind of time however.

If someone really got to level 200 in one month, then your point should have really been, "This guy I knew/meet, who got to level 200 in a month, got his first 60-80 levels using the team design flaw."

Your over generalization, or blanket assumption, is like blaming all war on religion or blaming all Muslims for terrorism. Hence, that is why I call your post a lie. Give me some facts; otherwise you’re just making this stuff up.

Originally posted by Mmore
    BAH! ...

c'mon! It is wrong, and you all know it. You only defend it because you are afraid of getting caught and banned.

No, people use it because they are bored and want to try a new profession.

I have over 400 levels on my account in 6 profs. That is lots of team missioning and helping guidies "start over" or leveling with a new guidie with a lowbie. I kept my trader in his 50ish just to help lowbies level (up until the team heal nerf).

There is so little content in this game that I am continuously surprised that people log in at all. Tar raids already cause a 50% population increase on the servers (until he finally gets killed and the population drops back down). Road sign? Heads up?

PS:

1. High levels "power leveling" lower levels is older then sin. (well older then most things been around since D&D at least)

2. They have tried to fix this 3 times! (at least).
    a- Changed it so the team can't be in a fight when adding people. (great with the aggro bug- thanks).
    b- Changed it so the exp was passed out "before" the MOB was really dead = people getting killed by ghosts.
    c- Changed it back so people would stop getting killed by ghosts.

3. Docs and enforcers can buff noobie HP a ****load. Should they be nerfed too? Heal pets on level 5s! RRF on level 20s! OMG - NERF everything fast! Noobies are leveling with the buffs of the uber! (no sarcasm off on this one – this is where you are going)

So if they are ready to "fix" this design flaw, fine with me. As long as they don't screw over everyone in the process again just to satisfy a few purists on the message boards.

So you're saying it's ok that a lot of people are using a design flaw to get certain benefits that grant them something they should not normally be able to?

Sure! Why not?

THEN WHY DON'T WE START AS LVL 60, TO MAKE IT ALL EASIER, THEN? No more hassle, no more arguments.

/petition I want to start as lvl 60 when I create a new character!

jeez...

Buffing other chars is an intended game mechanic. This is not.
    See the difference? Anyone?

Or maybe FC intended for this? And it's actually a feature they made, so bored people could get an easy start?
    Yeah! that must be it! FC wants us to use it. It was intended from the beginning, and FC think we are stupid for not understanding that before! D'oh!

oh, before I forget (again ):

the treatment exploit.... you probably think it was a bad thing it got fixed, right?

I mean, if you have 600 lvls divided on 6 chars, you don't want to actually get more lvls for you chars to wear those ql200 implants? I mean, 600 lvls! Clearly you deserve to have some ql200 implants on your lvl 60 adventurer (which you created 3 hours ago)

Originally posted by Mmore
    So you're saying it's ok that a lot of people are using a design flaw to get certain benefits that grant them something they should not normally be able to?

Sure! Why not?

THEN WHY DON'T WE START AS LVL 60, TO MAKE IT ALL EASIER, THEN? No more hassle, no more arguments.

/petition I want to start as lvl 60 when I create a new character!

jeez...

Buffing other chars is an intended game mechanic. This is not.
    See the difference? Anyone?

Or maybe FC intended for this? And it's actually a feature they made, so bored people could get an easy start?
    Yeah! that must be it! FC wants us to use it. It was intended from the beginning, and FC think we are stupid for not understanding that before! D'oh!
    1. Agreed. Sure why not? Got a character over 150 and want to start a new one at level 60....sure why not? I can use a design flaw or I could use outside buffs and calms from friends. Don't matter. (PS - starting at level 60 with NO gear would be a BIG hassle if you ask me)

2. "buffing other chars is an intended game mechanic". hehe. Yeah ok, then why were crit buffs made MA only? Why is TMS self only? Why is Total Focus self only? Why is the odin's eye self only (MP buff)? Why is Major Suppressor self only but Take the Shot not? I would argue that I’m really not sure that buffing other players is an intended game mechanic. I think FC would love to make everything self only...maybe even heals

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast