Thread: A word about the Conflict

A word about the Conflict

This past day, there was a great uproar in Omni-1. 'The Clans are invading" everyone said, and rumors flew wildly. There was even word that the Lion's Den was involved.

Ultimately, the Grid and the Whompa systems both went down, and all Omni cities underwent lockdown to prevent the Clanners from entering in great numbers. Perhaps 20 slipped by, and all were immediately slaughtered. I also heard rumors that 2HO came under assault as well, adding to the confusion, but I can't verify this at the present time.

I could see no point to this. While there was some rumor that Phillip Ross was wandering the streets of the area, this strikes me as utter nonsense. Mr. Ross is well aware that the Suppression Gas in Omni-HQ has been malfunctioning for years, and that it would be suicide to wander the streets. No, this attack's only purpose was to give the insurance system some exercise, as though it doesn't see enough.

Ordinarily, these events are a near-daily occurance, as the Clans and Omni-Tek seek to show their might. However, in the present political climate, I fail to see how this accomplishes anything.

Evidence of corruption and possible betrayal mounts on both sides. While the Dust Brigade is seen near the Council of Truth, other clans claim to have evidence that could possibly destroy Omni-Tek forever.

A third party is entering the conflict in the form of the ICC. This emergency measure to drop troops upon the planet is most worrying in light of the soon-to-expire lease on Rubi-Ka.

Then there is this matter of things stirring on the other side of the planet.

If today's attack on Omni-1 was perpetuated by the Lion's Den clan, it only goes to show that the Clans are greater fools than Omni would have us believe. After all, the Lion's Den Clan is the group that, supposedly, has this "evidence disk" which could change the political situation forever. Equally disturbing were the cries immediately after the failed raid for a return assault on the Clan city of Tir by Omni citizens. This point has been broached before, but not only did the assault fail, it, in the strictest sense of the word, never too place at all. The Clan members went home before they even began.

Now, more than ever, what is needed is peace, and yet there exists an element on both sides of this conflict that wishes to bring us down into chaos. Can we truly survive this coming storm in our current condition? I doubt it, but perhaps more level heads will prevail.

-- Lirona, Martial Artist, Initiate. Omni-1 Citizen.
    Last edited by Lirona; Aug 21st, 2002 at 02:29:41.