Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPreset WARNING: this may sound harsh

Nothing is set in stone as to the IP reset yet. It was suggested by FC as a way to solve some of the valid complaints some people have of allocating IP's for something that later was nerfed and made useless for them.

FC is currently reviewing the response on the boards on what people think about this. Im pretty sure EVERYONE will know when and if they make such a monumental decision.

- Khayne
    Bane 43 NT
    Othar 16 Enf

Exclamation

If there is gonna be a Ip Reset, it should be Forced and ALL your Armour and weapons should be removed (placed in bank or so) if not, you will have the same thing again (only the ip from those rings are removed then), i'm sure a lot of peep won't like that, but its the only way to make it fair.

Example: (i'm a Mp) ill just put all ip in wat i need for my pillow's and don't put any ip in my nano skills, then when i have a uber pillow i'll just wait for the ip reset and then put all ip where they belong and walk away whit a nice gift from funcom.

??? IP Reset ???

When is this IP reset supposed to take place?
    I don't remember hearing about it.

can someone please let me know if this is a definite thing thats going to happen, or is this just an idea someone had and everyone's comments on it.

????
    «¤ W¥RM ¤»

Hey Wyrm... read my last post. That should answer your question.

- Khayne
    Bane 43 NT
    Othar 16 Enf

Exclamation IPReset (NOT YET)

Sigh its only officially "under consideration" I knew this would happen once it was posted on the A-O main website. It was only ONE of a number of things that MIGHT (read: not "will") be a possibility for the future. GO AND READ

Now people hare running around Rubi-Ka shouting "When I get MY IP reset, I will...." No no no, its not even planned, its a sparkle in someone's eye at this point. GO AND READ

Bad news travels like wildfire....sigh rumours...thats probably what started this silly war in the first place...

uh thinking about planning to GO AND READ? Good idea.

"Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

ip reset

One of the requirements for the reset is that you remove ALL your equipment, including implants before the reset.
    And it's not about the IP rings, it's for the players who have invested IP in skills that are not or no longer useful. It's not for the cheaters, it's for the honest players.

yeah

"My other option was to quit the game. I made the choice to stay. "

unfortunately thousands made the other choice
    lost lots of friends/guildmates to the massive changes
    without compensation FC has implemented.
    most people just dont have the time or patience to reroll
    after already investing months in their characters.
    an overwhelming punishment for a mistake that wasn't even their own.

in one single action (mandatory IP reset) FC can now
    compensate all the players they've hurt, maybe bring
    back some accounts that are still in that 3-month 'hold'
    period after cancelation, and also remove the godlike
    advantages the cheaters have over the rest of us.

smart move i think.

Thumbs up Good idea

I think ip reset would be a good thing as long as you have a choice. I for one have been playing since day 1 a first generation fixer and reroll with a job and school is not an option. Only reason i want ip reroll is because i was caught in the crazy of dualing freedom arms and that was about 200 points in pistol and 200 points in fling and dual weild which are all dark blue to me as i remember. Dealing with that and i always at lower level put ip in everything till i ran out of ip. By the way i rerolled before at a lower level (when i got stuck between zones in backyard) and that hurt too.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

Thumbs up :)

a /command ipReset - with a following warning and explination of what will happend - will be the best way for FC to pay back for the pain many have gone thru in all the patches that have been. Imagine someone have used 100k ip in a skill that gets totally turned upside down in a patch. Or other way, a skill that never have been useful, suddenly gets useful, and u have spent all IP on other skills instead. Its only fair that FunCom let those who have been innocently punished by nerfs get theyr chance to redo skills they never could know would get useful/ruined, to balance up to those who came later in the game, and knew about it.

This have *nothing* to do with ppl haveing cheated, or being not to clver and misused IP.

Ofcourse, all that u have in "wear" window must be wiped into another place to prevent further cheats. I guess a extra "one time" inventory window in the bank, were u could only pick from and not put things in, would be the place to put all the NCU equpment, wepons, implants, armor, etc.

I can't wait for this to happen. I can resurrect an old lvl 61 soldier i never use anymore and put all my new ip into swim!!! I will be the fastest swimming level 61 soldier ever!..

Or maybe I'll put all my ip into a Nano programming where I can use this character to make my new implants I wanna use...

hrmm what else can I max out with all this new ip...

IP reset.

Okay here's a heads up for the new players that haven't been with AO since it's launch.

Saying that those that want / need a reset is the result of poor planning is the result of a lack of knowledge on the person saying it's part.

Let's take a look at the way the game has changed ( on the the major ones ) since release. I'm refering specifically to things that made IP spent in what where worthwhile areas into IP black holes. Keep in mind that none of the things implanted after release where things that players where give any warnings about.

1) Pistals. They used to be a very viable weapon the removal of the FA from the game left a lot of people very nearly unplayable. ( there is another reason for this I'll cover in a sperate point )

2) Initiative / evades: They didnt' used to work. On release the evade skills had not yet been implamented, and the Init's didn't work yet either, again this is something that when changed left a lot of people flat footed.

3) Concealment: This skill used to be a viable way to do mission for anyone that sunk in the points to the skill, even allowing playerrs with a decent skill to fight 1 out of mulitple spawn mission room. The skill was heavily nerfed so that it is now only viable for agents in any potential sense of usefullness ( and a lot of agents aren't happy that the masters of stealth aren't nearly as stealthy as you'd think ).

4) Aimed shot: indirectly nerfed because concealment was nerfed and DIRECTLY nerfed because of PvP one shot kills ( which has been addressed with the changes to the PvP rules and as such should be reinstated to it's former operation )

5) Burst: again another nerfed skill, why? Due to PvP again, and again the problem that caused the out cry is resolved with the new pvp system.

6) Multie Melee / ranged skill changed: Both of these had their skill req's upped substaintially since release causeing many players to have to rethink their weapons of choice, MANY decided that having one more ip dump for a minimal damage increase wasn't worth carrying yet another blue skill ( to dark blue ) and changed.

7) NPC hit points: Indirectly this effected a lot of people, while not specific to skills the damage output needed to kill the average npc trippled. Meaning those that had previously been effective but not hyper combat oriented where shafted for spending ip in skills other then combat skills. IE any trade skill at the time.

8) the promsied nerf to the Martial Artist attack Blessed with Thunder: at current the only MA attack that keeps most MA's playing from level's 90 to 180. Due to pvp issues ( or so i summize ) FC wants to completely change that way this attack functions, nerfing it in a major way, the requirements to use the attack include massive points being dumped into the parry skill, which beyond using this attack is of dubious value.

In a nut shell FC has forced AO to become more and more oriented to the combat god characters and less about being a true role playing game. They have changed the rules of the world repeatedly. They have made Ip that WAS wisely spent under the rule of the day completley useless in some cases and much better spent in other areas in other cases.

The players had no say in any of these changes. The IP was spent and gone, and the skill the use to be of use changed without any way of anticipating what FC would decided to nerf next.

An IP reset IS called for at this point.

BUT more then this, a RULES FREEZE IS EVEN MORE IN ORDER! One Ip reset will not address the main problem, a game world where the rules keep changing.

Thumbs up reset away

I think the reset is fair, and I also think it should be mandatory. If you enjoy playing your character that made mistakes then just re-alocate your ip into the same useless places

I think the wipe should strip you of everything, place all your stuff in the reclaim terminal, and make you statistically lvl 1, with all the IP you would earn to your level.. I think nobody who is working within the system will be harmed by this, but as with anything there will be people who suffer.

I myself rerolled many characters and the originals are long since deleted, too bad for me.

I think if they go ahead with the wipe it will be fine as long as in the SAME patch they revert mobs to the apropriate levels of difficulty.

Thats my 2 creds.

Am I missing something here?

OK lets say that a command is put in that means if you unquip everything then you can reset your IP. Now lets say it is not a one off. What difference would it make? So you start putting IP into a character and you decide that the weapon you chose was pointless at higher levels, why should you be forced to reroll for this. And if you could do as many resets as you like so what, I know that all that was suggeted was a one off re roll, but what difference woul un limited rerolls make? I am an NT and wasted IPs in pistol and other things that at the time seemed like a good idea, and some of them were good ideas before rules were changed

So at the moment trade skills aren't too hot so we all reset and no one does trade skills them trade skills get put in. What do we do then?

If I were given unlimited resets there would be no point in resetting unless they again changed the game, would I decide to say max out some weapon skills and leave my nanos at nothing for a try, well maybe just for a laugh. But that is it I would go from being an OK powered NT to a joke of a machine gun weilding NT adn so I could run around for a laugh but hows it going to help me? I cannot keep the gun equiped and then go back to using nanos again because I would have to remove the gun to initiate the reset!! Now maybe I could swap from being a Battle NT to a trade skill NT but so what. It's not like there are many Total Trade Skill people out there (and is that even possible?)

Now if it then turned out that say all enforcers kept re-rolling till they found the one perfect weapon for them AND this was the same weapon for everyone I agree that would be boring. But that would not be our fault if there is only one weapon to pick from with lots of weapons that are rubbish.

With the ability to do unlmited resets all rule changes would cost you is the credits you spent on the item you can no longer use (in the case of pillows say) and hopefully you can sell it.

Now upon finding out that the FA were nerfered I would not have been that upset if I could have gotten those IPs back. I would imagine that many people would be in the same situation with the respective nerfs that they faced.

Finally I would say that if we could have unlimited IP resets make it the same as the side forms (you can only change so often) that way you would not be able to say as a soldier do a reset just to build yourself a new gun and then swap straight back.

With this people would perhaps not be so unique as they are now but then that would be fixed if there were many ways to play viable characters. If it then turned out that all NTs were the same and all Soldiers were the same etc then that would show that allocating IPs is just a way to let yu nerf yourself without Funcom doing it.

Well I went on a bit but I jst think that unlimited resets would make the game more fun for everybody!! And surely that is what we play for.

Post Doc's aggro:solution hire an NT or a Crat

A good NT (nt76) or Crat has saved many doctors. Root and group root are great controls but the best I've seen is Calm.

I've calmed aggroed mobs already attacking Doctors and have had as many as 6 mobs on ice at once .

NT's and Crats are valuable assets to any team and I've noticed that if I hit a mob for over 900 hps its instant aggro even to the point of pulling it off a Doctor.

For NTs my suggestion would be to make yourself group friendly HE's and CC make Doctors, more effective and Root and Calm make you well liked by your group. Keep fluid, watch the dynamics of your team and who is taking damage, Nuke to finish the hurt mobs, root and calm the over pulls and you will be on everyone's friends list.

Reputation is everything.

A

Anastazi: good post, but I think it's a little out of subject....
    Maybe you posted on the wrong thread?

while I am posting here, I might as well say something useful:

"something useful"

Seriously, I'd very much like the reset.

If there is a ip roll back.....

Sounds great! only i hear alot plp saying eveyone in rubi ka would all become uber. I have to agree with them i dont want to play a game where everyone is just super powerful. Imagine PVP.......i say to FC if ur having a ip roll back....roll it back but only have 1/3rd of the ip to be spendable(reuse after that on mistake in that skill)

POWER TO ENFORCERS THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN NERFED!!!!!!!!
    not like the needed to be anyways......theres allways a specific draw back to any enforcer.......

Xaxa lvl112 enf
    Ghettosmurfz lvl46 MP

Option

Give each player an option with the fact that they will lose a %percentage% of IP if they choose it based on level!
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

confused

i think you guy are confused . .

the point to the wipe is to fix *Funcoms* mistakes.
    reimbursment for rule changes, item changes,
    game-mechanic changes, skill cost changes, etc.

*and to remove the advantage from
    players who participated in IP exploits*

this isnt a feature; this is a bug-fix.

Not confused

Like I said, give the player a choice.. My main character is not my first. I am one of the ones that learned through trial and error. I spent a lot of time and effort to build the perfect character for me. I like mine the way it is. Why should I have to change beacuse of people who exploited.

There has to be a way to figure out if the IP skills do not match the players level or abilities! Those that are off by a percentage should get the reset.
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

Re: Not confused

Originally posted by IronIce
    There has to be a way to figure out if the IP skills do not match the players level or abilities! Those that are off by a percentage should get the reset.

so let me get this straight
    bc i do think you are really confused

if only those that dont have the normal amount of IP get a reset,
    isnt that rewarding exploiting?
    (since the reset allows them to fix funcoms mistakes)

and what about the honest players F'd over by major changes
    in game-mechanics and skill costs?

i honesty think most of the people posting against a reset
    just werent here for the first few months of the US release.

that's not their fault but some of you seem to have no idea
    just how severly exploits and rule changes have effected the
    game and the early players.

there is a reason literally more than half the playerbase quit in disgust.

you want an identical character to the one you have now?
    take a few screenshots of your stats screen and
    just reallocate it back exactly as you have now.

you are unaffected.
    exploiters have thier advantage taken away.
    honest players get fixed.

and no it wont make everybody 'uber'.
    anyone that anal about being perfect has
    rerolled 10 times anyway.

all it means is that the casual players
    get back the characters funcom broke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast