Thread: To be a Knight....

To be a Knight....

What is it that makes one a Knight?

Land?
    Shiny armor?
    Being called a Knight?
    Calling your self a Knight?
    Being in an order that calls its self Knights?

None of these besto to the bearer the true essense of being a Knight despite the number of those who claim it dose.

To be a Knight, a true knight, takes more than just words, it takes deeds.

A Knight must always be willing, nay, eager to defend those who can not protect themselves.

A Knight must always speak what he believes to be the truth. For with out truth only lies and deceptions remain leaving only the darker natures of man to ravage the world.

A Knight must always live by his word. For with out his word he can not stand for truth or know it when he see's it.

A Knight must always stand fast in battle, speaking not his doubts of the outcome nor fleeing from battle unless the need be truely dire. A knight that runs from battle alows the evil he was facing to live and flurish, growing stronger and causing more heart ache and griefe for those whom he should defend.

A Knight must always give his all on the feild of battle for anything less would be cowardesness and a Knight must never show anything less than total bravery. A Knight that gives over to fear and cowardness gives root to a seed that will grow with each battle, making it easier each time for the Knight to run from those whom he should stop so that the innocinet can live in safty

A Knight must never harm those who have no quarl with him simply to show that they are stronger. For a Knights might is not in his ability to harm it is in his ability to defend, protect and nurture.

A Knight must always seek to preserve peace and never prey for war for in war it is impossable to defend the innocent as a Knight should. A Knight who seeks war will find any reason to fight, twisting it around so that it fits his code yet only poisons it for each time it will take less and less to allow him to wage war and engage in slaughter.

A Knight must seek out those who are oppressed and strive to free them from their oppression and should that oppressor be the Knights Lord, the Knight must stand against his Lord for his duty to the people is greater than that to one man.

A Knight must stive to see that those who are wronged recive justice, and that those who would worng another are brought to justice. Defence of others an giving others justice is what a Knight is ment to do.

A Knight must not believe them selves to be the hand of justice, it is not unto him that the fate of those who wrong others is to be decided. A Knight who believes such will find him self metting out harsh punishments for any wrong done and will not see those who are accused of wrong faulsly for what they are and punish them unfairly.

A Knight must never seek revenge against those who have wronged him, if the wrong was unjust then the one who wronged him must be brought to others for justice.

A Knight must always be willing, nay eager, to aid his brothers for when it comes time for him to recive aid his brothers must also be willing to give the same aid and those who have been snubbed by his brother are less willing to aid him in his time of need.

A Knight must not seek personal glory, his duty is to the people, not his reputation and fame.

A Knight must allow other to follow the path that they have chosen for to do other wise makes the Knight no better than any oppressor. However should their path prove to be to the oppression and harm of others the Knight must end their path.

A Knight must preserve life, taking it only as his duty demands. Life is short and fleating in the eyes of time, each moment should be allowed to happen. However if others dedicate their lives to ending the lives of others or present a great evil a Knight must cut that moment of life short but keep mind of that lifes end so that it dose not become easy for a Knight to justify the deaths of others

That is the beginings of what makes a Knight truly a Knight.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

What does it take to be a Scientist?

Test tubes?
    Bunsen burners?
    Van de Graaf generators?
    A Doomsday machine or two?

No, these are only the trappings of a Scientist.

To be a Scientist is to seek the truth, wherever it may lead, whatever the cost or consequences.

To be a Scientist is to be fearless, to never cower in the face of the unknown but to boldly stride forward and tear apart the veils of ignorance.

To be a Scientist is to thirst for knowledge in its purest form, untainted by preconception, ideologies or sentiment.

These are the attributes that make a scientist a true Scientist!

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!