Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Athen once again belongs to Omni-Tek.

If I 'read' you correctly then on one thing we agree...

the likes of Diamondcut are better off if never resed. If it were up to me I'd let you come in and 'extract' him...with the promise that he's never seen or heard from again. In either of our 'ideal' worlds Diamondcut is a liability. So even two like us seem to find a common ground. And on a single common piece of ground diplomacy may take hold. Amusing isn't it?

Originally posted by Shakkles
    *Let's the paper straw-wrappers deflect off him and laughs at the pygmies*

Hmm well if you ever want to feal flattered, just run a search with your name as the only keyword :P

Anyhoo, on a previous post some lady made that I aparently didn't devote energy to reading originally she mentioned something about us dumping our garbage (criminals) on clan lands.

For the record.

Why would you care?
    Don't clanners practically live, work, and breed in garbage?

And about Diamondcut.

Once apon a time, I did have a friend. His name was Raymond Terent, a known Omni-Tek soldier working closely with us (Omni-AF). those are what I like to refer to as "the good times".

Diamondcut is responsible for his insurance hacking and permanent death.

Diamondcut is now, out of my reach, and if I were the type to abuse power and breath legally-binding documents like the Tir Accord, I would have his head, balls, and other vital organs proudly displayed at the center tower in Omni-Ent for all to see.

The reason he's with you and still alive is by the good graces of Omni-Tek and you should prostrate yourself before their boundless forgiveness for not allowing myself and my fellow soldiers who were close friends of his, to exact our vengeance.
    His buddy "Shades" was unlucky enough to come by Omni-HQ not long ago and thus his crippled lifeless body now remains as a constant vigil to my own friends memory.

I submit to you peoples exhibit #1.
    www.Omni-AF.tk
    There you will find the proof.

*puts back up his paper-straw wrapper shield and grins*

OOC: I absolutely agree with what you say...except one little thing...

I like Rompas...I like visiting with my Omni and neutral friends there. See I don't give a wit about FCs little faction flag (as I've stated many times). I'll decide 'freind or foe' all my myself. I don't need FCs help...or even their Drakonian game mechanics to cattle-prod me down their predetermined little path.

So, Not-So-Funcom, we don't want to just watch YOUR Ego-story unfold. We want to be able to change it based upon our actions.

Like you Shakkles...too bad you're on the wrong side...*giggles sweetly*

Originally posted by Shakkles
    Well I'll go OOC for this post I guess.

Typo.

Everything I'm about to say, you probably already knew.

Yes, I do realize that they aren't going to drop the gas.

Yes I've dealt with clan leaders (Utildai of Opposing Force) in an attempt to help things along.

Yes, I do realize that the servers eat @$$ and can't handle the load of players that they promise, which I admit is both bogus and sad, given my own cpu hosts lan parties of games like "Battlefield 1942" with 64 players at once.

Yes I realize everything sucks, from a players standpoint and I'll level with you.
    You've quoted me as saying things in the past, and one quote I believe i can do myself is "They want us to WATCH a story, not partake in it."

Let's face it.

They've already proven, the only way a regular person can get in the story, is if they crash a meeting with green names, jump up on the table, drop trow and /ymca (Cayll, Methlon, and Rukus).

To be fair, yes Cz says he's in the process of working in story orgs, but to be fair to players, we've been hearing that for quite some time, and guys like myself are losing members daily because of FCs broken promises.

I think the major problem that yes I am aware of, is that FC doesn't take things seriously.
    They don't seam to understand... that when swg hits.. they're going to lose about 66% of their player accounts, JUST because there's an alternative. the only ones who're going to stay are the total newbs, the clinging pathetic losers (myself) and the GMs to be the sheriffs in the ghost towns.
    I picture the Dev team passing around the company memo about "Projected loss of 66% player accounts in the next 3 months!" and watching their eyes roll as they laugh in norwegian.

We'll see.

Why do we do things like sack clan towns, kill the "innocent" and make waves? It's about the only way of making the few virgin players here believe they're worth something, is to know they can make some small, if pointless, impact on something.

Will they disband the CoT, the CoA or whatever?

It doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter because those things are just masturbation. Let's face it, who have they affected? Nobody. They sit around and talk because they know that's all they can do. "Urge" and "Push" and "talk". all day and night.
    "We should...", "We MUST!" "For freedom, for glory, for our neighbors cat!" None of it matters and people are beginning to say screw you to the ideas.

EVEN IF the CoA rose to some facsimile of power and decided to attack Omni, the worst part is they know they can't.
    Just like I can't set a bomb at the CoT Headquarters in Tir. Just like I can't lay one finger on anybody for any reason in anything more than a mayhem zone.

It's rediculous and exhausting.

But one thing I've found...
    Is that FC doesn't like it when they have to break up fights...
    So what do I do? I cause fights.
    I push and shove anywhere and everywhere I can.
    We do all the di****able things that evil corporations do. We gank in the clan arena and we killsteal the Hardened Bully spawn at Majestic Bridge.
    Everything we can do to hurt the clans. And it royally pisses them off when they have to log on their GMs to discipline us.
    That's the last great act of defiance I guess, and about all you can do.
    Harass. I proudly got my second warning on my account this week from FC about language and harassment or something or other. In Omni society you're constantly bombarded with "Kill a clanner today...", but if you tell them to get their ass out of Rompa NOW, and harass them till they leave willingly, you're sanctioned for harassment.
    My response.
    Let me blow their heads off you morons...

That's why I'm a loud voice now for Omni... I'm practically the ONLY voice.
    The company doesn't speak, it doesn't work, and it's appointed heads of department sit around smoking pot and playing chess all day like Ross.

So now we know the truth.
    We could own every clan town 24 hours a day for a week and they still wouldn't give a rats ass, beause nothing that players do... will affect THEIR story.
    But we aren't going to let them cover it up easily.

I remember...
    A "Jail break" that was supposed to occur over Omni prisoners a little while back...
    All the good orgs were there. Omni-Pol, Omni-AF, Red Tape, we were all there to keep the prisoners from escaping.
    With a force big enough to crash the servers we waited by teh prisoners in their cells.

Then my heart broke.

They walked out of their cells, walked out the front door, and teleported.
    There was absolutely nothing we could do. We couldn't even handcuff the bastards. I listened to over a half dozen leaders proclaim their disgust and swear their resignation that day.
    *rubs his temples*

It's getting late and I've long since lost the point i started off with so i'm out for now. If you want to chat w/ me ingame you know how. I'll be haunting around as usual, polishing my armor or something. Awaiting the call. *sighs*

-Shakkles
    Omni-AF

to bring up the swg thing you forget that soe/vi when it comes to swg is under the direct supervision of lucast arts people. there were other companies out on the bid to be able to make swg as an mmorpg but soe/vi were the ones that prostrated themselves enough to win the "honor" of making the game. if you take into account the fact that every star wars expanded universe novel that comes out is personally proofread by g. lucas himself before it can even be sent to a publisher makes me a lil more comfortable in looking forwards to swg.

now if anyone ever remembers playing eq when it first came out it was almost unplayable then much like ao. then 3 expansions later and 4 years of constant poking and prodding has made it alot more enjoyable. true the graphics engine is now pos (but admit it 3 years ago you woulda wet your pants at the graphics now) but if you take the time to go through the actual stories and content in the game its rather interesting. what fc has done with ao wich is press the story into the spotlight along with all the stuff to do makes it that much better. also realize that these games, mmorpg's, are still pretty new!

i meen only just recently do we have more of a choice! when they first started as graphical muds with UO it was a work in progress. then AC and EQ aswell. the fact that there are patches and expansions and such and such is akin to the fact that ALL mmorpg's are essentially beta's for their next incarnation.

2 years ago there were only 3 mmorpgs to play. EQ, UO, and AC. Thats it. now we have this amazing explosion of all these new types of games that are taking a brand new approach. instead of just having a base background story line that is not affected in the least what so ever by ANYTHING except predetermined events; FC went out on a lim and created a game where you have at LEAST the chance of doing something about whats going on. if anything they at least setup the stage and props for change to take place instead of the same old story no matter how many people log in and no matter what those people do like previous games. again this is a new concept though and still in need of tweeking. and something as massive as an mmorpg is going to take a helluva more time than your standard rpg or any other type of game. there is just so much to take into consideration because the player base is so large and so passionate about something they have invested so much time and money again and again on.

ok ill stop here.
    Last edited by Ethereahl; Sep 9th, 2002 at 01:11:10.

Well, Nel.

I respect your opinion, and I can see your standpoint with an open mind.

But that doesn't change the fact that YOU'RE WRONG!

heh. j/k.
    But seirously.

I wasn't implying that you should be FORCED to work with the story if you don't want to. Heavens no.
    And I would feal pretty crappy if Rompa became a wasteland, yes the squatters like yourself are a necessary element.

However, I would like the ability to *remove them* when they need it done, or they can't be apreciative of our accomadations.

You understand.
    Plus, I AM on the right side, m'lady.

PLUS, HOLY GOD is this thread STILL going...???
    *coughs*
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

This is completely ooc, btw...

Yes! This thread it *still* going! And of course, I can't keep my big mouth shut about VI/SOE...

I don't care if it's the best damned game we'll ever see for the rest of eternity, I *still* wouldn't play SWG...

here's why...

1) It's basically going to be EQ, in a futuristic setting. To me, this means, that just like EQ, there will be a gazillion factions only half of which are ever decipherable as part of a storyline (I mean, c'mon, *nobody* has ever come across the elven King and Queen Christianos and T-whoever Thex)...

which means...

2) They won't really make any effort to support or encourage roleplaying. Sure, they might have pieces and bits of storyline here and there, but they probably won't do much with it, if my guess is correct. And then they'll undermine it with the temptations of uber-loots, and class abilities. Example: right now, my Tunare-worshipping ranger can go to PoG, track and pull mobs, then kill her own Goddess, and walk away with one of the best ranger weps in-game (well, that is, if I won the random or had the DKP). Until they gave asslings the option to become rangers, all rangers were Tunare-deity-aligned.

3) Same crappy customer service, from the same group that brought you the LEGENDS server. I swear to God, somebody at the SOE marketing department must have sacrificed small children and formed an unholy union with the Disney folk, to come up with this idea.

Add to that the GMs.... *if* you can get your petitioned answered in less than 4 days, expect the answer to be no. Not even a 'sorry, can't help'. And in the case of a guildmate, he got a warning on his account, after refusing to take no for an answer on vanished items, from one of their less-than-useless guides. He didn't swear, he didn't threaten, he simply demanded to speak to an actual GM, and when she wouldn't assist, he demanded to speak to *her* superior. This was about 5 weeks ago. I'm *still* waiting on items to be replaced that vanished 3 patches ago, as part of a known bug.

Damned if I'm going to hand over 50-or-so dollars plus a monthly fee to a company like this, for the privilege of playing with l33t 15-year-old pubescent brats. The same company who uses their 40-dollars-a-month-Legends-Server as lures for things like improved CS, and a chance to beta-test SWG. No thanks, I know a dozen better, cheaper ways to get screwed.

And why will I keep playing AO?

Because so far, I've found the customer service to be well-mannered and polite, even if they can't always help me with the problem. At least they answer within a day.

I haven't logged on to find that, in order to get decent customer service, I'm going to have to pay 4x the amount I currently pay, to play.

Because they do encourage roleplay, even if it isn't to everybody's satisfaction, and they continually work on a storyline. No, it isn't perfect, not even close, and like Shakkles, yeah, it would be nice to see a little more involvement on the OT side of things, from FC.

But all that said, Jaxxa, Savoy, count me in for whatever stories you'd like to do. If my schedule permits, I'll be there

KB
    "Dixie" - Young adventurer, anthropologist, marketing rep for R.U.R.

Kiyoko "Barlau" Grebel - Martial Artist, PR Director, Law Society of Rubi-Ka

EQ

I COMPLETLY agree with Barlau.
    I may be a Star Wars junkie (my cpu is labeld "R2T4"), but I'm not going to submit myself the the torture of Sony/Verant ever again.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos
    Agent and Java-Junkie of Rubi-Ka

Someone is seriously deluded if they think Star Wars: Galaxies is going to be ANYTHING like EverQuest was. For Christ's sake, the lead designer is DesignerDragon from UO and they managed to snag SunSword who followed him on the UO stage.

Get a grip. EQ2 is gonna be like EverQuest and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

SW: G may be crap or fantastic. But it ain't gonna be anything like EverQuest. They're doing everything in their power to make sure it is not even close to that game model. Not even close.

Maybe you won't like the customer service. Yeah, that'll be similar probably. But the designers have brains and I think the game mechanics will be solid.

I think the game mechanics will suck because despite the talent they have hired, the company's bean-counters will push them to put things out there each patch that isn't thoroughly tested, sending countless people screaming for customer support with every patch, customer service that of course, isn't there.

It will also after a bit, send that talent giving their notice because they don't want their talent associated with shoddy practices and they will go develop elsewhere, like the original talent that worked at EQ.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos

Shakkles, I gotta get my crat into AF, simply cuz I just love RP. Can ya tell me where to go for an app and information regarding Omni-AF?

Anyways, back on topic...

I've probably said this before, but if we still are attacking Athens I think it's time for FC to notice it. If they truly want us to make our own story (although, I must admit, I see a doomed game if that happened (Omni or Clans are completely destroyed, turning this into a "Mission and hunt" game with no RP in it)) they need to drop the suppression gas. That, or they should have the war started back up. If I'm not mistaken, the clans took over Omni-2 (Athen) long ago (can't check timeline at school, evil web filters), so why can't we take it back? Like I said, if we are still assaulting guards and mobs it's time for PCs to be attackable.

I think the official O-T line is that they 'abandoned' Omni-2 because it was not profitable enough to keep running.

Might just be saving face. But, if they said they didn't want to keep the lights burning anymore back then, why would they want to pay the upkeep on what is now Athen? The cities sure don't seem overly crowded so as to need the further housing that Athen would provide.

Just seems stupid to attempt to 'take back' something that wasn't wanted or needed in the first place.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Just seems stupid to attempt to 'take back' something that wasn't wanted or needed in the first place.
    For strategic position....Athens/Omni 2 is at the heart of the water-way and would be a strong foot-hold and base of operations to regaining the northern territories.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos

What do you mean 'regain the northern territories'? I don't understand that comment.

You mean you want to start a war and fight people so you can own Mort? Is this what Omni-Tek says?

Last I checked, that wasn't Omni-Tek land.

I must really be out of the loop when it comes to reading the news.

Wink

Omni Tek still holds the lease to the planet.....the clanners are squatters.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos

I give up trying to deal with some people. Won't even bother with this one.

I seriously hope this is just a bit of role-playing in the Story forum.

It is most definately just roleplaying....it's just a game. People getting seriously upset over war lines and such over a game need to chill.

I meant to put a /wink /wink in there. Sorry.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos

Talking

Think how angry they're going to be when we finally get to flush them out of our towns like the kling-on turds they are
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Shak, darlin',

I do believe 'dingleberry' is the technical term....

KB
    "Dixie" - Young adventurer, anthropologist, marketing rep for R.U.R.

Kiyoko "Barlau" Grebel - Martial Artist, PR Director, Law Society of Rubi-Ka

OK, no harm no foul. It's just tough in the Story forum to tell when people are roleplaying. Perhaps I shoulda read back further.

I always assume in here that when someone voices an opinion it's based on the Story information that we have been provided with so far as players.

That differs, often dramatically, from what our characters may know or say based on their upbringing or the notions they brought with them as they entered the Arrival Hall.

Things like the CEO of Omni-Tek signing an Accord that freely cedes control of the North to the CoT would be understood by us as players. A zealous employee who disregards this and thinks his company has a right to 'take it back' is fully understandable when you take it 'in-character'.

I can argue with somebody 'in-character' all day long and enjoy it. Politics is politics. I just see a lot of 'players' who just don't soak in the backstory and actual situation on the planet who espouse certain ideas that are so opposite to reality when it comes to the history of Rubi'Ka that it's not worth posting until they start arguing from a foundation based on 'fact'.

The Clannies are squatters, really. They should go somewhere else. Bring OT ships in and ship them off somewhere and get them out of our hair.

Angry ..:: THE FINAL WORD ::..

I don't give a crap about you killing people in athens, and your asscrack comments about the legality and how you worked hard and how the clanners are illegal. If you took over athens or tir, clanners would have no chance. However, I do like some things, like being able to kill people anywhere. However, there should be consequences. For example, if you killed a clanner in Newland, everyone Neutral would become agressive to you, and neutral players would get some message when you are near. Thing is, its not evident who is Omni and who is Clan. I have walked by people and they didnt say anything, 'cept maybe some times where some baby is complaining about how clanners ganked him. Yes, it goes both ways. But heres the main point:
    IF THE CLANNERS ARE WIPED OUT THERE WOULD _BE NO STORY!_ End of discussion. W/O Clanners, the only story would be to go out and become bigger. (EQ anyone) That F-Ing s**ks. I came out of DAOC because it's RvR system was askew. Now I see how cruddy this one is.
    If you guys cannot see this fact you should be kicked out of AO by funcom for plotting to destroy the game.

Thanks for your time.
    :) grins at nice clanners and neutral people
    >=[ Glares at stupid omni-tek pigheads

P.S. Yes.. one post... this is the first time I really cared to post.
    Last edited by Rampageous; Sep 16th, 2002 at 21:03:51.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast