Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Athen once again belongs to Omni-Tek.

Talking Athen once again belongs to Omni-Tek.

Omni took Athen BACK (Omni-2).
    Even clanners were reporting it that way.

Change the town to Omni ASAP if we do infact have an effect on the story, otherwise we'll just sack it daily, marching down the streets and killing everything that moves with impunity till you can't deny that We own it once again.

If the DB doesn't recognize your Tir Accord then I guess we can wipe our @$$es with it too.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

So...the leader of Omni-AF is defying Omni-Tek and ICC law, killing innocents and making blanket statements meant to enrage a delicate situation? That's....nice... Way to stay in character!
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

If the Omni-AF Faction have broken the agreement and gone directly against the orders given out by Boss Ross, then they are a bounch of traitors to the company, as i doubt their acctions was approved by the Boss.

(This dont mean that every member of Omni-AF is a traitor)

Omni-Tek do not slaughter innocent people, or guards like those clanners did.

You should be ashamed!
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Post Stick this in your pipe an smoke it.

I don't need some chick dictating policy to me like a 5 year old.

What we do, we do because we suffered through months apon months of having our hands broken and tied behind our backs, just to have Ross look the other way when the DB hit us in our own home.

I'd rather squat over a flaming hot habachi then let one more clanner ro-shambo down our street, fealing cool in his safety.
    The message was sent and received, and we won't rest until the damn Rompa bartenders are packing heat to smoke you clan leaches when you try and mooch off the fruits of our labor.

Omni-AF and those departments that we work with who are loyal to the company will not make unprovoked attacks or those against the expressed will of the company, but from now on we're vengeful.

If Ross has something to say about it he's had my number for the past 6 months and I'm not making one more unreturned call so hell with his lazy ass. I guess don't ask a powerless icon to do what soldiers have always been best at.

Clanners must be made to understand that if they can't control their own mutant freaks (DB)then we'll punish them for what their pet chihuahuas do and punish hard. No more crap on our carpet.

Be glad we didn't retaliate after that pathetic little melee that you kids had with us yesterday. No clanner even made it 5 feet from the grid.
    Not even Insomnias Shades. (Wipes his boots on his dead body)

In short.
    As my colonel Stormrazer put it, the clans need to be brought the reality of their decision if they shun Omnis gesture of peace and go the route of the Council of Ares.

It's a bloody merciless reason to wipe you off of the planet, and I would thank you for giving it to us voluntarily.

-Ted Shakkles Ganes

Looker, listener, thinker, killer.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

So let me get this straight. You and your little vigilante group are going to wander around clan areas and harass innocents while the DB keeps blowing things up in Omni-1? That's good tactics. I can't imagine why Ross would ignore such a "company minded" individual.

If you really want to get to the bottom of the Dust Brigade issue, maybe you should talk to InternOps.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Re: Athen once again belongs to Omni-Tek.

Originally posted by Shakkles

Change the town to Omni ASAP if we do infact have an effect on the story, otherwise we'll just sack it daily, marching down the streets and killing everything that moves with impunity till you can't deny that We own it once again.

If the DB doesn't recognize your Tir Accord then I guess we can wipe our @$$es with it too.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

LOL!!!!

Whatever lil boy!

Come to 2HO and fight, killing innocent civies are a spineless approach to your "cause".

LOL!!

n00bs
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Phillip Ross has issued a DIRECT ORDER that ALL Omni-Tek RK employees are to respect the Tir Accord. This invasion of Athens is in direct violation of this policy, and nothing you can say will change this. Unless you act on orders from OT-Prime, then you should stand down immediately. This crime is as much against Omni-Tek corporate law as whatever the clans choose to hand down. I have no direct authority over you myself, but I urge you to give up this childishness and return to running your department. Omni does not have the time or the ability to deal with the current crises effectively if there are loose-cannon departments such as yours running about. This stupidity will be the death of Omni-Tek, mark my words!
    Last edited by Lirona; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 02:19:12.

(feels menaced that come Omni can walk in to Athen and kill very grey Civillians and weak ass guards)

Oh..no...now I should tremble in fear. People are killing the guards...again.

Maybe I should be a good littel optifex and Join Omni-tek. Hey I know..maybe I can join Omni-AF too!

Talking *plays the violin sadly for the bleeding hearts*

1) Ross is a figurehead and has no aparent knowledge of anything outside his office.

2) 2HO is the place where clanners talk crap, then cower in the shacks, shivering and wasting all our time.

3) Don't be a bunch of crybaby preteens thinking your sarcastic attitudes are somehow original.

4) Be thankful that as it sits, your little dirt hovels are all 75-100% gas, otherwise your bodies would lie below the ones we obliterated and will continue to.

5) Very soon you'll no longer be dealing with an Omni-Tek that *tolerates* clanners. The overwhelming and undeniable outcry is that everyone is just sick of not being allowed to fight back. And that's where we come in.

6) If any of you pot-smoking hippies think for one iota of a second that you have a chance in hell of hurting much less beating Omni, do yourself a favor and fathon the billions of OT employees, with a standing military and police force greater than the population of some planets. Ponder that for a second while you stroll down through Clon**** and imagine those giant guns pointed towards Tir.
    THEN...
    Consider the fact that before Omni even comes close to losing this place...
    We can always nuke the place from orbit, and start over fresh. History is written by the survivors.

I'll lay this out to you easy enough a 5 year old could understand.
    If and when the DB hurt us again... we hurt you back. worse. it's as simple as that kiddies.
    And by the way you can stowe any little "Oh the humanity" speeches you think might cause some discension from within. With all the carnage my coworkers and myself has seen unprovoked from clan terrorists, as far as we are concerned, there are no innocents on the clan side. Only sympathizers.

And as usual the little lice-headed clan children hurl their gradeschool insults in bad english at a cold hard truth that is Omni-Tek from behind their mommies.
    Maybe you'll get lucky and the CoT won't be blinded by it's own members ignorance.

On the record, we remain committed to Omnis effort of peace and pacifism.
    Personally, bring on the war. I enjoy the chance that you yourselves give us to spit on our hands, hoist the black flag and slit some throats once more.

Continue the verbal assaults if you may, it's a real ego boost to see that you've been hurt so bad as to make such a fuss over a little spilled blood.

*lights up a stogie and grins at the headlines, awaiting the call to holster his Nova*

- Ted Shakkles Ganes.
    -=Omni-AF=-
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Hmm, ok...where to start...

Well first, yes, Ross is a figurehead I suppose, since he is only in charge of OT-RK, which is a very small part of the OT empire. However, as I'm sure you know, OT-RK was refused more troops on Rubi-Ka by Omni Prime. Omni Prime did not wish to invoke the wrath of the ICC a second time, so they basically told Ross to make friends with the clanners and keep mining the damn notum.

Of course, that changes now that the ICC has decided to get involved anyway.

And yes, Omni-Tek has a large military. There are lots of coprorations and they all have large militaries. Yes, if it was just us against you, you could just invade with as many troops as you liked and wipe us out. However, last time you tried that, it sparked a galactic war that resulted in you almost losing your lease. Omni Prime is not interested in losing what remains of the lease.

The part you're forgetting is that basically NO ONE likes Omni-Tek. The Clans are the only ones blatantly outspoken against Omni-Tek, but there are plenty of corporations who would just love to see Omni-Tek make a few more stupid mistakes. So stop acting like you're the first Omni to ever catch a clue. There are plenty of people smarter, more powerful, and more educated making the decisions on your side of things, so remember your place and go clean your gun.

To quote the "Omni-AF" description:

"We take orders and execute them for the company. No questions."
    Last edited by Luxxan; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 19:35:24.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Unhappy This isn't easy.

I was going to defend the clans on this one about killing all those people in Athen... But...

The truth is that everything Omni-AF has done and is doing... Seams to be actually legal from what I can tell.

It took alot of time to get my stuff straight and read through all these rules and regulations, and I found some things that are kinda shocking.

Aparently, any clans treading on Omni controlled areas ARE in fact subject to Omni-Tek law.
    And about the Dust Brigade.

Omni-AF going into Athen to punish the clans for the Dust Brigades attacks.... is oddly legal.

They DO have the right to go into Clan areas and use any means necessary to locate and bring criminals of Omni-Tek law to justice.
    It might be a bit of a stretch by killing the shopkeepers and such, but if they were "noncooperational in aiding the capture of hostile criminals" the law is they can be charged with the criminals crime as accomplices in their escape.
    I sort of understand why Shak makes such a big deal out of "The clanners helping us to invade".
    Everytime someone affiliated with the clans strikes at Omni, the military has full and unrestricted right to head back into Clan areas and do terrible things.

*scratches his head*

If it sounds like alot for a soldier to come up with any idiot knows a major organization like Omni-Pol and Omni-AF have legal reps to sort through the legalities of these things before they go through with them.

I guess that in truth, until recently Omni-Pol has almost always been there to gnab terrorists, but since their reported "falling out", the military is doing the dirty work for them. How long that will last is beyond me.

I did however read the news reports about the ICC bringing down troops, so it's more than likely Omni-AF will be sidetracked with drawing a line in the sand with them, which will inevitably lead to some sort of military pissing contest with the ICC *yawn*.
    (You guys brought that apon yourself)

On a personal level, I havn't been around long enough to know the better known Omni leaders like Shak, Kithrack and Miester beyond their reputations so I can't say I think he's either capable or incapable of the task, nor do I pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes. But Shakkles Ganes does have an impressive reputation himself and is regarded as highly decorated by some.
    Not to mention that I really have to give it to them for their personelle. If the clans had people as organized, level-headed, and well trained as the af members i've teamed with, Omni wouldn't have a chance.

((Tune in next time when Scry gives his observations of Lucifers Dawn!!! ))

p.s. I'm STILL not joining Omni you corporate vultures!!!
    know fate

Alright first of all.

Who the hell are you... sir.

And don't pull that "I'm a newbie that has 2 posts" crap, maybe you did register this month but you're obviously somebody i do know.
    It was a clever trick trying to mispell Meister and Kithrak's names to throw off any su****ion of your newness, but I know how to spot subterfuge.
    I don't know whether to thank you for the kind observations or put a gun to your head and make you spill the beans about what you know and how you know it.

I don't mind the ill-comments about my "soldier" wit, that's okay i pay people to think up well-sounding speeches, but i don't like nameless snoops.
    given, they've been flashing the info about the ICC military coming down for a while now on the rubi-ka headline service, but how many first month newbies know about Meister and Omni-Pol falling apart?

Come clean. you don't have to do it here and I can't force you but...
    yargh...
    I hate the idea somebody's spying on me and I can't have somebody spying them :/

My thoughts thus far are that you're one of two people.
    Ca*l
    or Dr*krt*r

Get back to me ingame, this is going to bug me...

Oh and one thing for Luxxan.
    YES, Omni-Tek is hated among the ICC corporations, but why worry... All ego aside, statistically we don't need them. We're jsut kind of humoring them to keep them off of our asses.
    YES, we do take orders from the company and yada yada yada.
    But that was typed when we used to get orders unfortunately.
    You see, up until a couple weeks ago, the other 2 components of ours, OP and Red Tape and ourselves routinely got orders from the parent company given by our story counterparts such an Major Kiaela for AF and Ivan for OP.

"Omni-Pol, See to this prison transfer. Red Tape, convince Opposing Force that we aim to put aside the past and seek peaceful coexistence. Omni-AF, send a couple squads out to the wilderness to trap and capture one of these "Deep Spiders" dead or alive."

It was fun.

The reason for our recent militant actions is mostly in part to... it needs to be done.
    But I'll admit, since our sources started coming up missing (no doubt just quit working for FC) we feal like an old whore tossed aside by the pimp for the new hotness.
    As would you.
    And after about 50 rings you start to realize the person just isn't home anymore.
    So when FC started pouring their resources into the clans and their crappy DB-based story, we decided HEY, no WAY are we going to be unwilling pawns in your little mock-massacres to appease the flea-ridden masses. And started fighting back using the law of the land and our training to our advantage.
    A word of advice to those individuals.
    When you plan on using your old friends for target practice, be sure to fill any loop-holes in your plan prior to meeting up with them in battle.

Now Cz is trying to get a concrete storyorg system down pat, and we've agreed to cooperate completely provided old statures are returned and supported.
    And yes.
    We will always follow the orders of the company without question to the bitter end.

-Theodore Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Ponder that for a second while you stroll down through Clon**** and imagine those giant guns pointed towards Tir.
    Just out of curiosity ... Im guessing ya mean the Notum Cannons?

So ... If ya pointed the Notum Cannons at Tir ... They would do what exactly? Shoot the notum into space still ... But just on a flight path over Tir instead?

*confused*
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Re: Athen once again belongs to Omni-Tek.

Originally posted by Shakkles

If what you say is true the clans would now be in control of Rome because a few months ago 3305 Local conquered and held Rome for over 3 hours. Omni-Tek needed 3 uber level 150 GM's to get us out again.
    You might not be 5 years old but you certainly talk like one. This is just a game please treat it as one.
    "Omni-Tek protects"?
    So does Durex, so what?"

-Caloss2

ooc

And you should know that anytime someone *plays* an rpg and defends their words with "It's just a game", anything they say after that is basically out the window.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Talking

So ... If ya pointed the Notum Cannons at Tir ... They would do what exactly? Shoot the notum into space still ... But just on a flight path over Tir instead?
    I suppose they could be aimed to drop giant notum boulders on Tir. It would certainly be an ironic method of assault, although I don't think it would be at all effective. And certainly not an efficient use of Notum in general. Somehow, I don't think that the Clans have anything to worry about from that particular angle of attack.

See, I have a sense of humor, I'm not always melodramatic, honest!

I look back on my days as a Clanner...

...my days in Tir...

...my days with Twilight Dynasty...

...and I wonder.

Was I ever this full of hatred?

Did I ever feel the rage that I see here?

And if I did...

...have I atoned yet?
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Just doing their job

As much as it may sting, Omni-AF are just doing their job: as far as I know Omni-AF were never repealed from police duty in hunting down and eliminating the Dust Brigade. In light of recent events, it seems only reasonable that Omni-AF extend their operations to Tir and the Council of Truth.

Citizens of Athen should be happy that criminal insurgents are being weeded out from their midst and they are receiving proper protection from potential Duster attacks.

And yes: the notum cannons aren't siege weapons. They're mass drivers. Aiming them away from their current east-west trajectory would only mean most notum would either pass out of orbit and become random space debris or fall back to Rubi-Ka somewhere in the outzone and require some poor sap to go and pick it up again.

I think the notum cannons are perfectly okay pointing in the direction they are.

As an aside, has anyone noticed that the current flight plan carries the notum right over Omni-1? That sounds like a health hazard waiting to happen. I'm soo glad the telemetary data and launch velocity is hard-wired into the system.... After all, if it wasn't we 'd see huge chunks of notum scattered about downrange of them...

Hmm.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

If we're still doing raids against Athen, then why hasn't a GM noticed? They should make the gas 25% and allow the clannies to defend their town. If they manage to defend it and push Omni-Tek back, it won't be long before we make another assault. If the Clannies lose Athen to OT, and it becomes Omni-2 again, then it only helps support what SHakkles has been saying. It would then, basically, be a matter of time before we take Tir, or Avalon, and every other clan controlled area. I can only hope, for the good of Rubi-Ka, these ICC peacekeepers either stop you clannies from attacking us (thus giving us reason NOT you fight you) or they help OT in destroying a threat to Rubi-Ka, Omni-Tek, and the galactic economy. You clannies are like a plague now. You don't contribute in any way for the good of Rubi-Ka. Stop saying that you fight for freedom and justice. You already have both. Stop trying to fix something that is not broken. Stop trying to fill an already filled water glass. If you do, the item will break, and the glass will spill its contents. Looks like one more twist of that screwdriver, or one more droplet of water, will be the straw that broke the camel's back and finally instigate war against the Clannies. Stop fumbling with the your tools, drink some of that water, and maybe then you will again be left alone. But remember, you start attacking us again, your own stupidity will break it, your blindness to the truth will spill the glass.

In response to your inquiry about "Why don't GMs seam to notice our sacking of Clan Towns", I submit to you this.

They notice.
    But.
    Everyone considered well-versed on the things that go down on this planet has already had the sit down.
    You know...?
    Where you find out that FC IS infact pushing for the clans?
    And before you plan on coming back at me with the old, "Oh whatever" garbage, weigh the evidence, and read the "story updates" on the login.

Read what the GM-ran green name boobs are "telling clanners" and "Urging the clans" to do.
    Fight us.
    Kill us.
    do something. They practically have to arm them and point their guns FOR THEM!

But the clans do absolutely notice but bring diseases to our towns and crabs to our urinals.
    They just sit in our air conditioning and remark about "Dude we're uber! We're in Omni territory, talking about how Omni sucks... and NOBODY can do NOTHING!"

Then they laugh hysterically to themselves.

The clan green names come to rally their brothers (or something) to fight Omni-Tek for the freedom of the clans (or something like that).
    Our green names?
    *watches a tumbleweed pass by*
    Nada.

When some clanner drops a load the headlines read "Henry Radiman is back...! And he took a crap! HOORAH!"
    When we take back our towns they read "Omni-Tek brutalizes innocents in a bloody blood-ridden bloodbath of bloody blood.. ness.."

FC IS running the old, tired, star-wars'ish "Rogue freedom fighters rise up against the superpower" angle, which is both bogus and sad. They're trying feverously to MAKE the clanners win as they've shown they are totally incapable of putting down their crackpipes and putting forth some effort on their own.

And the second that you come to realize this and that your actions will forever be in vain regardless of whatever power they let you believe you hold, you will strike back, and get militant.
    We sack towns, slay the ones who deserve to die, and force waves in a concrete pool.

But that's not the saddest part.
    What is truly sad is this.. and you'll agree this is a GOOD one...
    We Omni are now the clans.

Let's all agree on something, Omni departments are the only true powerful, semi-stable, and driven factions on the planet.
    In my experience, the sheer will alone of Omni players could infact could run a company like Omni-Tek on our own in real life, and maintain it. We have our departments and specializations. We (At least Omni-AF, Pol and Med) take our duties seriously. We arrive on time, meet our deadlines, and work the chain of command. We launch missions, operations, and work within the parameters of the law.
    Something the clans could only have wet dreams about.
    Under a truly neutral ruling, this planet would have been ours once again ten minutes after launch.

So now... Omni-Tek are the clans fighting back against the evil corporation, Funcom.
    I can almost smell the bongsmoke and feal the fleas on my back.

Actually... I think I'll start a new Thread about this...
    *begins typing furiously, still awaiting the call from Ross or Cz*
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast