Thread: Under Equipping

Under Equipping

I saw UE mentioned in, I think, the build notes for 14.2?

I was wondering how UE works. does it? Has anyone tried it out? Is there a limit on it?

Basically, I am wondering if using this weapon:
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=161126

with a 1200 rifle skill means that I will be doing 1200/6 = 200 times the damage it lists (that is, wil I be doing 200-3000 ?)

I bet I wouldn't.

But will I be doing more damage than normal because the weapon is under equipped?

To give a more pertinent example, if I am wearing a ql 200 stigma that needs 850 in rifle skill, but my rifle skill is 1070, will I be doing an extra 25% in damage with each shot (since the weapon is 20% under equipped)?

Uh. . . . . .

NO.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I thought I read in one of the boards that, while for an OE check all of your skills are checked before it is decided you are OE (if you are OE in one, it's enough), the check goes both ways - if you are under equipped in one, it's enough to make u use the weapon better.

That led me to wonder - can weapons be under equipped to get a better performance from them?

Is there any advantage to using a weapon which has requirements way under you current skill (requirements at 80% or less)? I'd like an official response if I can get one.

If there isn't, maybe there should. I just wanted to check if there is, before posting it as a suggestion.

Thumbs down Nope

There was never any mention or even half-baked hint of anything resembling "UE" by funcom, sorry.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Awrite.

Thanks fer the replies.

I could swear that I read that somewhere. Something along those lines, at any rate.

Bah.

Back to treadmilling.