Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The funniest thing about the bracer change!!!

The funniest thing about the bracer change!!!

The funniest thing about this change is simple. Funcom jumped the gun because of whiners on the boards about PvP initially and this is like a fix...

think about it... damage in PvP was cut to 50% to help balance PvP... funny how 50% is roughly the same percentage as the high end bracers... the net effect is that they pretty much gave everyone 50% bracers by nerfing PvP damage 50% and then later nerfing the bracers to near nothing.

The problem is simple.. if damage were closer to full (with a max 40% cap) in PvP then neither change would be needed while the goal of having no alphas would still be pretty much reached.

Instead PvM pays the price of the initial mistake... how about just raising the damage back to full (except for the 40% cap) and letting bracers still mean something in both PvP and PvM...

then the bracers aren't overpowered and those that earned them are rewarded for their efforts.

Because I don't think that wasting three weeks of my life should be a prerequisite to surviving in PvP.

I thought that already was... decranum's MKII armor.....

I hate lazy ass people who think they deserve to be able to kill someone who has spent the time to get bracers. EVERYONE can get bracers. Some did, and they have an advantage. deal with it.

Also, i agree with 100% dmg in PVP with 40% dmg cap and no bracer nerf.

Right now, as a level 191 enforcer, with 31% melee reflect (19% and 12%), i can solo a Real Mean Enforcer(its possible, but i get down real low on HP). I might add that he is orangish yellow in color. With 7% as of next patch, it will be IMPOSSIBLE. Its a slap in the face to take away the ability to do something like this.

Originally posted by Demono
    I thought that already was... decranum's MKII armor.....
    1k HP is hardly as telling as 40% damage reduced.

Originally posted by Shub
    Because I don't think that wasting three weeks of my life should be a prerequisite to surviving in PvP.
    your rediculous

the 30 seconds i just wasted of my life to respond to your ignorant reply isnt even worth it

You wasted it anyway. How does that make you feel?

about as pleasing as your face and attitude are

Originally posted by Eedaba
    I hate lazy ass people who think they deserve to be able to kill someone who has spent the time to get bracers. EVERYONE can get bracers. Some did, and they have an advantage. deal with it.

Also, i agree with 100% dmg in PVP with 40% dmg cap and no bracer nerf.

Right now, as a level 191 enforcer, with 31% melee reflect (19% and 12%), i can solo a Real Mean Enforcer(its possible, but i get down real low on HP). I might add that he is orangish yellow in color. With 7% as of next patch, it will be IMPOSSIBLE. Its a slap in the face to take away the ability to do something like this.
    Well I don't have any bracers that are worth a thing. I'd so much prefer to see PvP damage go back to normal (with 40% caps) and bracers be there for those who want to earn them...

Basically as it stands now ANY idiot can spend 20minutes in Steps of madness and collect almost all the TL3 bracers he needs... so the real difference would be between those that have TL6 and TL3 bracers.. and those with none are lazy...

In addition I agree (and I'm a soldier) that new reflect shields should be added and the current ones made self only, but that is another issue in my mind.

I understand this is several changes, whereas decreasing bracer reflect is 1 change. However these changes would help alleviate the polarization of the two groups in the bracer issue. One group wants bracers to remain good because they earned them and feel they deserve them for their hard work, whereas another group is sick of massive reflect shields in PvP, which makes it near impossible to kill any high level healer. Basically there should be some items that are tough to get and no drop that have a PvP advantage... bracers are excellent examples. Plus a bracer nerf is in essence a martial artist nerf... an MA is the only person who can very quickly and easily chance his damage type to anything he wants during a fight... he is the only bracer immune person to an extent... This is a major MA nerf in PvP (although no one has mentioned it thus far, not that I should care since I don't have an MA, but I am completely ANTI-NERF)

Of the bracers I DO have, I am not particularly interested in switching them out during a PvP fight... so because I am lazy I do deserve to be slightly less good than a person wearing the bracers if he wants to switch during fight.

The bracers are the equivalent of the original switch to knock PvP to 50% damage... so why not undo that WITHOUT hurting the 90% of the population that doesn't PvP... If bracers are then considered necessary just increase their drop rate sum...

I personally thought from the beginning that 50% damage in PvP was a bad mistake. In many instances my problems with it have been revealed in the forums... PvP fights can take ridiculous amounts of time when both players can heal, both have HE, and both have top of the line bracers. All the additional time also allows players too much time to just run away to a safe haven (and you can't shoot while running, which anyone in RL could do if they have a gun... they'd just be less accurate).

Yeah, its much better to get a 10K Aimed or a 10K full auto from a agent, soldier or MA. or 2 2K nukes from a NT, crat or MP.

No one wants one shot kills in pvp, it f00king sucks.

The bracer nerf is long overdue, been said for a long time. Yes, I have my bracers, yes I know that its an advantage in PvP. Don't matter, nothing is better than having nice, long fights in pvp. Two second crap is pointless, and is what drawed many of the PvP critics away from PvP right now.

You have been attacked by ........

...... hits you for 40% fling
    40% burst
    40% full auto

Please.

Yeah, its much better to get a 10K Aimed or a 10K full auto from a agent, soldier or MA. or 2 2K nukes from a NT, crat or MP.
    THANK YOU!
    only folks that want that crap are the ones capable of doing 10k full auto or 10k aimed shot. even if they dont do a 10k full auto, the fa, burst, fling and regular is enough to kill 99% of the playerbase in one strike. oh what skill it takes to hit 3 buttons *sarcasm*
    when forced to actually work for a pvp kill and develop a real strategy, most soldiers fall flat on their faces. No creativity. Worst part was back in the day they used to sit around and act like they were uber because they can kill anyone in a single alpha. Lame.

damage caps make sense. why? because our weapons are designed to fight mobs with 50,000 hp. Mobs with 50k hp can stand up to your alpha, I cannot. Nor can the guy next to me. Less hp should mean less damage, or it's unbalancing. As for heals, think about it this way. we all have a finite amount of nano that's GOING to run out very quickly in pvp battle. It's all a matter of who is going to outlast the other. The doc may keep himself alive with heals for a while, but once his nano runs out, he's pretty screwed. The challenge is to outlast him or her. If heals are nerfed, then we have the same situation as before. A doc, adventurer, etc wont be able to win a fight to save his life, because he wont be able to heal enough to last through your damage.

As for bracers, it's all a matter of who can ninja loot the best. bah. who thought of bracers anyway? parry and ripost shields are nice, because they require investment in an honest to god skill, but the only requirement for bracers are title level? What the hell, that's not skill. Let me beat someone or be beaten by someone based on my own merits, not some device I found in a mission that requires no skill to use. Oh wow, I'm uber. I have a 72% reflect and essence and I beat someone in pvp. If you cant beat someone without your bracers on, then you're not very good to begin with. You lack skill, not equipment. If anyone should hate the reflect nerf, it should be a nanomage mp or NT with dark blue body dev, yet we seem to be the least bothered by it. It's the MAs and Enforcers and Soldier that are doing most of the complaining. Ever watch 2 enforcers fight? They sit there and pummel each other, mongo, then pummel some more and hope they have better bracers than the other party. Not alot of fun.

I dunno, just my opinion, which most folks tend to disagree with anyhoo, but I have fun keeping my opponents at a distance and pick them off over time. It takes, omg, skill to do it. And my bracers suck so bad, I never bother to change them. 1 shot kills take 0 skill and aren't very much fun. I pvp because I like the challenge of playing against a thinking opponent instead of mobs that hump walls and float through doors with 50,000 hp and an IQ of 5. Funny, unless Im dealing with a higher lvl MA, I have about a 90% victory rate. Think McFly, think. It's what makes pvp fun.

I love Zylina's signature because it has a link to a game called "progress quest", which is basically an rpg game that plays itself for you. you sit there and watch (the text) as your character goes to towns, fights mobs, levels up, all without you having to touch your keyboard. PERFECT for most AO players. All I never here is "I'm not uber anymore, it's too hard. it's too hard. IT'S TOO HARD". Even the dodga quest, which could be fun the first time you do it, is spoiled by little lowbies sending me tells all day long "Mr high lvl, it's too hard. help me kill mechdogs. Help me find the bots so I can tag them. This takes time, so instead of building character by doing it myself, I'll whine and beg to you to do it for me." How can you be proud of those pads when you didn't really even earn them? You sat on your a** while someone 150 lvls higher than you did all the work. Chump. And people beg for more quests, when they're too lazy to do the one we already got. Yeah my idea of a good time is doing the dodga quests 150 times for lazy newbs. Just wait for the next patch that adds more quests. 90% of you are going to want the item, but not the work required to get the item, so you'll beg high lvls to do your dirtywork. Maybe if folks actually tried for a change, the game might seem a bit more fun. TRY to beat someone using the current pvp rules. THINK of new strategies to beat your opponent. and for god's sake, who gives a crap about titles or winning? you had fun, didnt you? I stepped into the ring with Kinstaah the other day, knowing I was going to lose. He started with that "oh im so uber attitude" but when I told him I didnt really give a flying f*** he mellowed out and was a cool guy. I got owned by jcdv2 twice in a row, knowing ahead of time I was going to lose, but not caring because I wanted a challenge and hey, MAs are frickin challenging.

woah, I tend to get way off subject when I rant, so lemme pop another prozac and stfu for a bit. Peace out.
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 06:16:27.

Talking reflect

Btw guys why do you either whine or love the bracer change.

What makes you so sure there will not be a replacement for it.

*humms the song of reflect imps and such*

Just a bit tired of the discussion ive seen the reflect and nano delta imps on test. Take a deep breath and wait for a new nano
    nanny instead.

And btw the summer is warm and sweet get on out and breathe some air i figure that would be good for many.

Cyberbob breathing fresh air in front of his computer

Is it a Nerf?

Most of the time people complaints about a nerf, it is because one class get better or another get worse than others.
    the reduction of the bracers reflection part hit every single character. I see it as a change of game play. Much the same as removing of the knight armor was when that was done.

I do hope the new land control thingy, will shift focus of pvp from the solo play pvp over towards the group/roleplay pvp battles instead. Any way you like to play, in groups or solo, you play online because it is more fun than playing alone as for pvp.

I hope the land control titles over rides the pvp titles to who can honestly tell me if a rookie or an apprentice is a good tactician and fighter or a ganker that only fight when he is sure to win

Reduce bracers, nah i say remove them totally, soldiers have reflect shields maybe we should get a new bracer that has the high level doc hp buff on them to. or maybe bracers with essence on that would be cool. ( and just to be sure everyone knows the last part was a joke ) I really really want a bracer that give me the same run speed as a fixer. ^^

reflect is soldier thingy, let them keep it and give us some new bracers that look cool on our characters instead afterall fashion is important is it not?

SweetSecret some kind of doctor that heals foes in pvp cause she sucks in changing target before insta cast heals

Half dmg in pvp and 40% max, is just a lame fix for not being able to balance dmg output vs armor. Nerfing bracers won't do any good besides helping gimps, just like OE. Fix your game FC, not ruin it, I see no point in trying to improve my chars anymore when everyone turns equal.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Do you really think that the 40% didn't make pvp a lot more fun?

At least a lot more even?

OMG. I find myself agreeing with TheDeacon again.

All of you go play progressquest. Perhaps you'll find fullfillment there.

I sometimes wonder if the idiots who call for 100% damage have ever bothered to follow a thought to it's end.

Pre 14.5 patch notes:
    Player base says: PvP is unbalanced! I won't PvP unless it gets fixed because its ridicualous! People with uber-loot rule PvP and it isn't close to being fair!

Funcom's response:Well, since the game is becoming more based around PvP with Land Control, we'll nerf bracers to make it easier for everyone to have a chance.

Player base: Now PvM is unbalanced because I can't solo mobs. The instruction book says yellow is on my level and should be a decent match of skill, but since I don't simply steam roll over them I'm quite upset.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Has anybody noticed the new implant clusters in 14.5 has specific type of damage reflection. With a total of 40 reflection for a ql200 triple implant in one type. Perhaps its a damage shield instead of a 40% though.

Martin
    Martin

see zylina? you really DO want me don't you? my pasty gray skin and glowing blue eyes, are DEAD SEXAY arent they?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast