Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The funniest thing about the bracer change!!!

Originally posted by Shub
    Because I don't think that wasting three weeks of my life should be a prerequisite to surviving in PvP.
    I don't think a person who spent no time on preparations should stand a chance against a person who spent three weeks of their life on preparations.

I don't think that wasteing 3 weeks of your life should be REQUIRED before stpping foot outside of town.

Originally posted by Xira
    I don't think that wasteing 3 weeks of your life should be REQUIRED before stpping foot outside of town.
    Who said it was required. Bracers shouldn't be nerfed for those who do solo and found them soloing and use them soloing. IMO they should just make rrfe etc self only. Then to make up for that shortfall, introduce NEW bracers that become quest/title things perhaps like I see arul saba being. Give them some reflect + other bonuses to make people want them. Instead of making something worse that people think suck, try alternatives.

Those who whine about bracers but camped weeks to get MKII make me laugh. I never camped bracers, I just found them. Some would say I was "ninja"ing. Whatever, if i am standing next to a chest and decide to open it, then its fair game. Found about 6-7 like that in the past 8mths of highlvl play. I never camped MKII much cause that imo is just plain boring, and I don't expect to be the same as the other guy who is wearing his full set of MKII. Just like he shouldn't about me wearing my bracers.

Next thing I am going to read is rust pit rings are being deleted from the player base because the whiners couldn't get them and they aren't equal in pvp.

Get real, in pvp its about skill, but it is also about items, and if you can't take the time to get the items you have no reason to complain.

The MA that ranted on and on makes me laugh. ATM MA's are one of the uberest pvp professions. It's nice fighting an MA that has uvc and wears a rivers seasons QL185 and crits 3/4 times for 1k-1.5k. That MA also resists roots or just breaks the roots with the bug, and they can heal. Read the other forums guy, pvp is not meant to be equal amoung professions, however for the more gimped professions out there, bracers did help them live longer. My agent survived an alpha once I hit title 6 and could use my 2xenergy bracers. before that I was dead in 1 sec 50% caps or not, cause alpha just did 40% x3. They should nerf ma's being able to change damage type instantly. Takes me 8sec to change my rifle, thats about 6secs after I am dead.

Anyways pvp is totally crap atm and totally needs work. Some professions shouldnt be so uber and others so gimped, items or no items withstanding. Don't say it is skills either. As an agent I shouldnt have to do an alpha just to get some kills.

Oh and when I am winning, the gimps just zone into the bunker...that is another thing, no zoning if engaged in a fight, make run worth something and just run ur butt off and hide if u can't take the heat.

Lastly, would like to see more team rewards for team pvp. Duels are gay, we are at war, and in wars it's not about the individual it is about the team. There is no I in TEAM!

/rant off.

I started this thread and have no bracers... unless you want to count my two TL5 shielding bracers that I found on TK minion corpses.... but I don't think the shielding bracers are in question.

I don't think I should be as good as someone who put a lot of time into aquiring the items... I can tell you you can get a full set of TL3 bracers just by spending about an hour in Steps of Madness... but yet, I haven't done that either... I would be perfectly fine with soldier and engie reflect shields being made self only if it were necessary to fix it... I have seen others say it will mean that soldiers are unnecessary in teams, but I doubt that... a soldier is still great at deal a lot of damage in a very short amount of time, because of specials. Soldiers being the master of ranged special attacks makes them great high damage and short amount of time. Since mobs seldom live but a few hits at high levels.. the more specials the quicker the missions.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Originally posted by Eedaba
    I hate lazy ass people who think they deserve to be able to kill someone who has spent the time to get bracers. EVERYONE can get bracers. Some did, and they have an advantage. deal with it.

Also, i agree with 100% dmg in PVP with 40% dmg cap and no bracer nerf.

Right now, as a level 191 enforcer, with 31% melee reflect (19% and 12%), i can solo a Real Mean Enforcer(its possible, but i get down real low on HP). I might add that he is orangish yellow in color. With 7% as of next patch, it will be IMPOSSIBLE. Its a slap in the face to take away the ability to do something like this.
    Well, I would say that 90% of the bracers in the ENTIRE world, came from the dodga bots. The high QL ones anyways.

Those drops were nerfed so as not to drop anymore. Thus, you eliminate 90% of the people who still need them from getting them. You cant deny it was a HUGE boost to your bracer finding ability to be able to wait around for a 15 minute mob spawn that was almost promised to drop a bracer of some kind. Since this is NOT an option anymore, something had to be done about it. I spent roughtly... 35 hours of Game time camping bracers out in EFP. I have... like... 4 useable bracers. all tl4, and one tl5. Is that fair? I dont think so.

Secondly, and this is only personal opinion. You shouldnt be able to solo a real mean enforcer. People are mad that this will make missions "harder"

Well, we NEED missions to be harder. You have ran missions with me Eddaba, you know how it works. We zoom through the missions at light sped, pausing only for a bathroom break here or there. Where is the challange? The bossroom sometimes, and thats it. Almost ANY team I am on these days can take on 3-4 Real Means at once with not a problem.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Some of us don't have time to spend to find bracers for every occasion. Some of us have to work, attend class, have REAL things to do.

I don't mind the fact that I don't have as much time to play, or pk, as you 'uber d00dz,' but the fact that it's nearly required to spend X amount of WEEKS to be able to stand a chance against other people, and be called 'too lazy' to get the items for myself when I don't have the time to do it makes me a 'tad' peeved.

I guess I'll have to stick with skill-based FPS (tribes, etc.) or PK MUDs to be able to actually stand a chance in PK, since I'm 'too lazy' to 'find' time to get these items.

Silly me for deciding to use my time to play the game instead of getting items which will be obsolete by the newest model by the time I get them.

-------------

For the record I did attempt to get the TIM scope...here is my log:

First time in the TIM chamber: Shared the room with a level 150 or so MP, was glad to let him have the first scope...he was there first after all, I figured.

Second time in TIM chamber (same day): Stayed in the room after the first time. About 1 1/2 hours after the last TIM spawn, a group of five levels 150-200 showed up, with level 90 scope-seeking agent in tow. A group of my friends showed up without my asking, to help me get the scope...they got bored and logged before TIM spawned. Scope lost to gankers.

Logged out in chamber, re-logged next morning:

Attempt three: Another group was here this time. I had just logged, so I had no real claim to it, and was told he would spawn soon. Didn't put up a fight, simply helped them kill TIM.

Attempt four (Same day, three hours later): TIM was getting ready to spawn (15 minutes). A friend of a friend of mine was there (200 soldier) to help me (~105NT) along. Group of Apocolypse clan members show up: ranging 180-200, with a level ~113 agent, seeking the scope. TIM spawns, we're massively outdamaged.

Attempt five (Three hours, and several aspirin later): Turns out the scope wasn't on the last TIM spawn. The agent returns but his friends aren't with him. The 200 soldier returns as well to help me fight. TIM spawns and I think I have him this time:

Soldier: "Loot it"
    Me: "No looting rights...you try?"
    Agent: "Darn, no scope."
    Me: "Brb, need more aspirin."

Attempt six: More groups. Logged out...didn't even bother for this one.

Cooled off for a few days after this, logged on next time and just Warped out of TIM's lair.

-----------------------------

So uhh yeah...if that's how it's gonna be, I'm not gonna have the time to get most of the 'uber' items. It's not that I don't spend my precious time, it's that other people don't spend the time and wait...might makes right apparently even among clansmen. Maybe my time would've been better spent finding bracers that would've been obsolete after a few levels, and some patches.

And I used to like those Apoc people too...bleah :P

I think if bracers are going down to 7% for Title 6, then ALL bracers should be changed to 7%..it's a percentage deal so it's not like it's going to make a bigger deal to lowbies as it will higher levels, plus people with bracers below QL 200 wont feel quite so nerfed when their current 10% bracer turns into a 2%. Plus people who saved all their old Title 2 bracers for nastaligia might get something out of it (for the record, that's not me...don't have too many bracers because I play NT, screws up the calms).

Originally posted by TheDeacon

THANK YOU!
    only folks that want that crap are the ones capable of doing 10k full auto or 10k aimed shot. even if they dont do a 10k full auto, the fa, burst, fling and regular is enough to kill 99% of the playerbase in one strike. oh what skill it takes to hit 3 buttons *sarcasm*
    when forced to actually work for a pvp kill and develop a real strategy, most soldiers fall flat on their faces. No creativity. Worst part was back in the day they used to sit around and act like they were uber because they can kill anyone in a single alpha. Lame.

damage caps make sense. why? because our weapons are designed to fight mobs with 50,000 hp. Mobs with 50k hp can stand up to your alpha, I cannot. Nor can the guy next to me. Less hp should mean less damage, or it's unbalancing. As for heals, think about it this way. we all have a finite amount of nano that's GOING to run out very quickly in pvp battle. It's all a matter of who is going to outlast the other. The doc may keep himself alive with heals for a while, but once his nano runs out, he's pretty screwed. The challenge is to outlast him or her. If heals are nerfed, then we have the same situation as before. A doc, adventurer, etc wont be able to win a fight to save his life, because he wont be able to heal enough to last through your damage.

As for bracers, it's all a matter of who can ninja loot the best. bah. who thought of bracers anyway? parry and ripost shields are nice, because they require investment in an honest to god skill, but the only requirement for bracers are title level? What the hell, that's not skill. Let me beat someone or be beaten by someone based on my own merits, not some device I found in a mission that requires no skill to use. Oh wow, I'm uber. I have a 72% reflect and essence and I beat someone in pvp. If you cant beat someone without your bracers on, then you're not very good to begin with. You lack skill, not equipment. If anyone should hate the reflect nerf, it should be a nanomage mp or NT with dark blue body dev, yet we seem to be the least bothered by it. It's the MAs and Enforcers and Soldier that are doing most of the complaining. Ever watch 2 enforcers fight? They sit there and pummel each other, mongo, then pummel some more and hope they have better bracers than the other party. Not alot of fun.

I dunno, just my opinion, which most folks tend to disagree with anyhoo, but I have fun keeping my opponents at a distance and pick them off over time. It takes, omg, skill to do it. And my bracers suck so bad, I never bother to change them. 1 shot kills take 0 skill and aren't very much fun. I pvp because I like the challenge of playing against a thinking opponent instead of mobs that hump walls and float through doors with 50,000 hp and an IQ of 5. Funny, unless Im dealing with a higher lvl MA, I have about a 90% victory rate. Think McFly, think. It's what makes pvp fun.

I love Zylina's signature because it has a link to a game called "progress quest", which is basically an rpg game that plays itself for you. you sit there and watch (the text) as your character goes to towns, fights mobs, levels up, all without you having to touch your keyboard. PERFECT for most AO players. All I never here is "I'm not uber anymore, it's too hard. it's too hard. IT'S TOO HARD". Even the dodga quest, which could be fun the first time you do it, is spoiled by little lowbies sending me tells all day long "Mr high lvl, it's too hard. help me kill mechdogs. Help me find the bots so I can tag them. This takes time, so instead of building character by doing it myself, I'll whine and beg to you to do it for me." How can you be proud of those pads when you didn't really even earn them? You sat on your a** while someone 150 lvls higher than you did all the work. Chump. And people beg for more quests, when they're too lazy to do the one we already got. Yeah my idea of a good time is doing the dodga quests 150 times for lazy newbs. Just wait for the next patch that adds more quests. 90% of you are going to want the item, but not the work required to get the item, so you'll beg high lvls to do your dirtywork. Maybe if folks actually tried for a change, the game might seem a bit more fun. TRY to beat someone using the current pvp rules. THINK of new strategies to beat your opponent. and for god's sake, who gives a crap about titles or winning? you had fun, didnt you? I stepped into the ring with Kinstaah the other day, knowing I was going to lose. He started with that "oh im so uber attitude" but when I told him I didnt really give a flying f*** he mellowed out and was a cool guy. I got owned by jcdv2 twice in a row, knowing ahead of time I was going to lose, but not caring because I wanted a challenge and hey, MAs are frickin challenging.
    Dude a lot of that is wrong in my opinion (as a osldier), for example when you say docs and advs cant lat they are impossible for us soldier, i have to get an early kill or no kill at all, when fighting an Ma i start the fight well and get them down to around 1/4 of their hp before they have really even damaged me, then my tms runs out and they heal back to full, im left with one first aid through the entire match and no more cool specials (burst in my case) so i have to rely on getting lucky and getting a few crits on him, even thought i vastly out dmg him and my acs are far superior. People complaing about soldier getting fast kills is a bit unfair, thats like complaining that fixers can root or something like that, there are ways round everything and if there arent then its just unfair. But im afraid i cannot really comment on the higher level stuff becuase i am just a lowly level 78 soldier so im not sure what its like later on.

And what's all this crap about 'match' in the previous post. That's what's entirely wrong with this game. People think that one player fighting one other player is 'war' or something.

If they bombed those god damned arenas, perhaps we wouldn't be getting constantly nerfed because one single profession has trouble with another particular profession or two.

To the Soldier previous to this who whined that he only had one First Aid after his TMS timed out: what if you had a Doc healing you?

Bomb the god damned arenas and get them out of the game. They are ruining the game.

When 20 people go to attack 20 other people for control of a Tower after the booster pack comes out, I sure would wish that this stupid bracer nerf didnt' come along. I would prefer that the battle rage on for as long as possible. I would prefer for it to be harder to kill people and for battlefield tactics (ie. sending six players to take out a key opponent) to play more into things than Alpha Strikes.

I hate this bracer change and see little good in it except for the situation people were whining and crying about. It made it harder for one solo character to kill one other solo character. I could care less about that situation. If you are in the arena to duel then agree to terms before firing the first shot.

the thing I have to laugh about is this....

Low Light Scope ~~ considered unbalanced, so they were removed from game and replaced with new version. Those with them were rewarded by having one of the most overpowering items.

Bracers ~~ considered unbalanced, so they are nerfed and everyone who took the time to acquire them is punished

If it were this easy then why couldn't you just scale LLS's back to the level of the new scopes?

I prefer consistency... I'm just curious since I am someone who had neither.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Talking You're next!

To all those who think nerfing bracers to 7% was the best solution I say, look out, you're next. Doc CH will be nerfed, all PvP heals will be halved, skill debuffs halved, GA will be nerfed, NS will be nerfed, TMS 75%, hah, NERF!!! On & on & on. Oh, here's another one, X-3 & TIM scope Agent only, NERF!!!!! Whine it & they will come. While we're at it, Dragon Armor should only be wearable while in Pit Lizard form on Wednsdays between the hours of 11 AM & 2PM GMT (Oh, sorry, the servers are down for another "balancing, love patch" NERF). And these short-sighted fools think we'll all pay $20 for a booster pack & then another $40-$50 for an expansion pack. LOL I still think they want the game fail so they can collect an insurance settlement or dodge some taxes. It's about making the most money possible, not the best game possible. BTW, I have a lot of bracers & I didn't ninja loot or camp for a single one of them. You know why I have a lot of bracers on my lvl 141 Agt? Because he's 1 year old now. I've put a lot of time into this toon & I should have an advantage over some whiner unwilling to put in the time & IP or who power levelled their way to where they're at now. Leaving them bracerless, tokenless & creditless. I guess it's time to reset my B&E, because the only reason why I have spent on it was to collect bracers. I've been through a lot of nerfs & have seen how one nerf leads to the next....
    Last edited by Pneuma; Aug 26th, 2002 at 22:42:15.

Demono, LLTS and bracers are two different situations. If you don't have an LLTS, you can get weapons that do decent damage without them-X-3 comes to mind. With bracers, those who have them completely own those without. You can't compensate for 30 or 40 or 42 percent damage reduced.

Edit: I just looked in the AG test DB, and bracers are unique, but their numerical value remains unnerfed. You can't get 42% against one type, but 21% against two now.

We could only hope that you are correct Shub. 21% against two different types is more of a fair starting point for this Nerf than going from 42% straight to 7%.

I fear however that they'll put some sort of server-side 'cap' and introduce even more bugs as a result. Starting with the 'unique' tag would be an acceptable first step. I'd deal with the added damage.

But, they'd have to make them Right Wrist or Left Wrist Only to catch those of us who already have pairs.

Impact: Left Wrist
    Melee: Right Wrist
    Physics: Left Wrist
    Nano: Right Wrist

etc.

Kinda like how they are working the new Nerfed Arul Sabra bracelets so you can't wear two of the same kind at once.

Cutting in half sounds drastic enough as a first step.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12