Thread: Freelance: Alien Menace spreads on Rubi-Ka!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Alien Menace spreads on Rubi-Ka!

Alien Menace spreads on Rubi-Ka!
    Tuesday 29th August, 29480 - Joseph Prime

IRRK Freelance - As time goes by since the original Alien invasion, we have learned our lessons in vigilance, developed new technology, and mastered theirs. But as we grow more confident in our abilities to repulse their assaults, we should beware the dangers of our confidence.

Wherever they strike, teams assemble to defeat the alien threat, board their ships and take their commanders out. But even when such a ship abandons the assault, empty of life, perhaps we have lost the battle anyway. For some of the aliens remain.

The lowly Zix drones, launched by the dozen by the aliens, become ignored in the heat of battle against their more fearsome generals. Ignored and abandoned when the ships leave, they scutter about and hide... hide and prosper.

This reporter was first ambushed mere kilometers from Rome, in the highlands of Galway Country, by not less than three of the Zix drones, showing far more cunning than they use when under the alien commands. Once the dust of battle fell, I realised we may know a lot less about these scuttering drones than we thought. Several weeks surveying cities across the globe in my battered Yalmaha allowed me to locate several more nests, in Newland, Enigma forest and the far reaches of Avalon, and by attacking with surprise, wipe them out.

What are the Zix? We assumed they are pets of the alien Kyr'Ozch, battle drones raised in nurseries to serve as fodder for the advancing troops... but are they really? Without generals to send them to slaughter, they seem to develop a keen intellect. Or do they simply recover from whatever mind control the aliens have over them?

Beware, defenders. Beware the drones, who scuttle away to fight another day. Beware the aliens who enslave such creatures, which may simply be the remnants of a conquered world. Beware the might of an alien nation capable of enslaving other thinking beings to their will.

Who knows what the twisted minds of the Kyr'Ozch truly have planned for our planet? Or perhaps they care little for the planet... perhaps they're here... for livestock...

ok, now i'm scared o.0

The thing is, the whole "Omni-Tek owns the lease" doesn't really hold up to a group of aliens who as far as we know, which to be honest seems to be very little, don't read or understand most of what's said on this planet...and to quote Omni-Tek "we've found no intelligent life in the universe...anywhere"...ahh hmm. Ok, it might not be intelligent, but it's running the planet

But as for the aliens, or aliums as many on this planet seem to call them, who's to say that they are the invaders? fine our races are on this planet now, and a lot of that is due to the work of the early Omni terraformers. But also looking back at other early documents relating to what many then saw as "aliens" in DAV and other locations, and the oddity which is the Enigma. Omni-Tek back then claimed that these creatures where nothing what so ever placed by them on this planet. And that brings in something strange does it not, where did they come from if they were here before the terraformers?

And the whole pack of lies which the Loonicorns have hidden about the aliums...including thier actual existance till they were trying to whipe out our cities.

*rubs a sore head*

Well I dunno, I really have this feeling that what we call the invaders aren't the ones invading here and its actually some others around here whom are. This whole alium situation is very very su****ious.

*shrugs*
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Livestock, eh? One moment please, where did I put those Omni Prime coordinates?

Unfortunatly this thesis is incorect. Experience shows us that when encountering aliens, they tend to kill unfit and unlucky ones. Should they want us for food, they might maim us, but still capture us alive.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Hmm from what I know the Shadowlands and the beings there are what use to live on Rubi-Ka untill it was split into the two.. worlds. That being said it would make it highly unlikely that these aliens are simply returning home, more so given the utter lack of any kind of civilization ruins on the planet. Any race that can feild that kind of fleat would have had populated a large percentage of the planet surface, we would have found some kind of clue by now.

No, what ever the reason is, it is not a case of the owners coming back and finding squaters living in their house.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

What the aliens want is The Source. The only reason they came here is because their link to it was broken. they just have to find a way to reach it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    Unfortunatly this thesis is incorect. Experience shows us that when encountering aliens, they tend to kill unfit and unlucky ones.
    I suggest you obtain a dictionary and look up the word "cull."

I have hunted in the wilds enough to know meaning of cull without dictionary. But I guess that in this age of tube breeding and forced mutations some tend to forget about natural selection and evolution. At base of those thesis is that predator kills to feed (or in case of Homo line, to use resources). Aliens don't eat corpses of the fallen, neither do they loot them for any usefull items. They tend to redirect their attention towards those still alive, no matter what.
    If you visited Subway lately, you'll see that most humans will snatch what they need and make a run should they notice that they are overpowered. They have already proven their supremacy (at least towards some creatures) and they will live to fight another day. That's evolution. That'show you cull.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Actually your mistaken, atleast in part.

To cull a group of items or creatures is to go threw them and select the ones that do not measure up to a given range of standards and then remove them.

An example.

You have 27 leets however you can only keep 15 of them, you go threw and check them all, looking for traits that you do not wish and remove them from the population, either by releasing them into the wild or, more likely, by killing them.

You can cull to remove the worst subjects, or the best.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I propose we tame some Zix. And start a petting zoo. We gather up all proceeds and get drunk once a month.

Whose with me?
    GorgeFodder3 - Deceased
    NotumFodder - New and improved with 80% more loyalty to Omni

Till All Are Free?

I was personally under a completely different impression. The zix aren't pets or minions of the aliens, they are pests to them too. The whole reason the Kyr'Ozch left their home was because of a booming zix population on their home planet, which killed off their ecosystem. Naturally some of the zix infested their ships, and those little buggers are hard to kill once they get into the walls. I'm not sure why they picked Rubi-Ka for their destination though.
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

I stopped asking why, and just killed them when I found them. Speculate and theorize all you want, they aint getting my cows.

=P
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    I was personally under a completely different impression. The zix aren't pets or minions of the aliens, they are pests to them too. The whole reason the Kyr'Ozch left their home was because of a booming zix population on their home planet, which killed off their ecosystem. Naturally some of the zix infested their ships, and those little buggers are hard to kill once they get into the walls. I'm not sure why they picked Rubi-Ka for their destination though.
    When aboard their ships I have seen them us the Zix as attack animals, if they are infact some kind of animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorge View Post
    I propose we tame some Zix. And start a petting zoo. We gather up all proceeds and get drunk once a month.

Whose with me?
    We had a "pet" Zix tied to a tree near our HQ for a long time. though I think one of the wild animals in the area ate it.

(( the patch reset him! *pout* I miss Perdo ))

In light of recent "Information", I believe we really need to concern ourselves with unravelling precisely what role the anans-um, zix play in the alien society...
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot View Post
    When aboard their ships I have seen them us the Zix as attack animals, if they are infact some kind of animal.
    While indeed they have tamed some of the Zix that they have discovered on their ships, most zix are still pests to the Kyr'Ozch.

Can't someone just give the aliens a ship full of pesticide and be done with this entire war allready?

*edit* (OOC: Whoops, sorry for necromancy, my fault!)
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.