Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Enforcer Guide: Soloing

Head to head, self buffed, no mub. I dot pulled him then tanked till I died. Got his hp down 4 or 5 bubbles. I didnt have the proper reflect bracer, or my Ofab Helmet. My stims are some old dusty ones from when I was leveling, like 175 or something? There is a bit I can do to make it easier, not sure if I can do enough though. Which is why I mentioned the Alba stims, 300 towers that a end game omni might have access too. Ill try again here in a bit.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleAtrox View Post
    Hrm. If you don't switch a couple of items according to different situations, I think you should really try it to see how much it can increase your overall performance
    Boots of dancing king, notocum, db legs, db sleeves. That's basically swapping out every piece of armor

At that point, you might as well be twinking to defeat that singular mob, in my opinion. "Contests of strength" are meaningless if you can't use something closer to normal.

Kinda like back in the day when people would try to see who could get the most HP...sure, you got a lot of HP, but they didn't actually USE that setup because they lose out on what makes their toon...their toon. If you can understand what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, it's cool if you kill it and all...I'm just saying it's no better than doing it with outside buffs. Sometimes it is a feat to kill something even with OBs. It's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Boots of dancing king, notocum, db legs, db sleeves. That's basically swapping out every piece of armor
    Hi, I'm engineer, I've resetted tradeskills, so now I need to carry only 3 bags of various armor/huds/deck items I'm swapping according to situation (hp/evades/as/damage/nanoskills setups). Swapping 4-5 items is nothing special.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

If it can't be killed in the same gear your pvp, or run a mission with, you should be able to swap however much is needed. You aquired all those items for a reason, this is one of those reasons 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Lumifly does mention the word "twink". I think I agree that if we're talking about armor bits you need a lot of work to put on (say 300 scout's on an atrox enforcer) just for soloing a specific mob, we have passed from what is reasonable and into the realm of silliness.

However, part of the reason I mentioned notucomm and DB sleeves+skirt was that they're quite easy to throw on whenever you want to. (btw, I forgot the classic wife beater when suggesting soloing armor.. That one is also a good reason to wear notucomm ).
    Hlep gnak!

There are things that are, in my opinion, meant to be swapped - your hud items page; and there are things that are meant to be kept the same as much as possible, your armor. Hud, rings, bracers are all swappable since that is basically the idea behind a lot of them.

It's not about easily swappable or not. I said it is no better than twinking.

If you are completely redefining your toon every encounter, then I think you have missed something important to the game. At that point, you are using your toon as nothing more than a tool that you hack apart to fit your need. That's fine, don't get me wrong - it's your toon. But I don't think it's applicable to any "self" feats because you are essentially twinking out to fit a very isolated case. It doesn't matter if your twink requires insane twinking or just hotswapping - it is still twinking towards an isolated case, which I don't think fits into the spirit of trying any feats.

Yes, it is completely subjective where the boundaries are. As I said, I think the hud/bracers/rings are all meant and even designed for multipurpose swapping. I don't believe that is the case for armor.

I guess what I am really getting at is this: a feat of strength is meant to test your skills as your profession. I am not interested in you managing to kill whatever mob if the reason for success is predominantly your equipment; that doesn't tell an interesting tale. I am interested in your skill, your ability to control your toon. That is where the spirit of tests of strengths lie.

It is silly to say "oh, I soloed this mob in this uber super duper evade setup that I will never ever use for anything else." There is no use to that.

As long as it's something you don't spend ages with I think everything is fair game, I used to swap 6 pieces of armor just to cast ultra behe and the top proc before we got the new nanos. Spending one or 2 minutes to change your gear around before you go after a tough mob is strategy imo, not cheating
    If you were to spend ages to reset all your perks into solo stuff or something like that like that I might agree with you.

For the record the only thing I changed when I tried scary spider was to a reflect bracer, but that turned out to not be enough
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

btw herk must have mad evades if that spider hits 50/50... he hitted me every time iirc.. maybe 1 or 2 misses.
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

Not 50/50, he hit more then that. But I think we can get to that level. And then he should be doable. What I meant earlier is that I won't need much more AAD for my evades to really count.

Edit: I did use a blind ring and he missed 5 in a row on me. Which was nice 8p lol I have 879 AAD with my current gear I believe. + Evades which are between 1400-1500. Throw a blind ring on the mob and its a pretty decent amount of evades. And if you time your troll form +AC buff for the down time. It makes things go a good bit smoother.

I am trying to get a hold of a reflect bracer atm. Should make a good differance but I know thats not all I will need.
    Last edited by Wantsumore; Jan 23rd, 2008 at 00:32:43.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Get CM or something and test it with the oven mittens please,i know i could solo a lot easier on the advy with it(read:No more CC swapping)

Reflect bracer/graft/oven mittens/3% from coon is a must imo
    The difference between radiation and fire hits were sometimes up to 1k different ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

I have been trying for days now to get a Fire reflect bracer. No luck though 8(
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Try with a physic one, fire hits are a little more common than radiation but the nukes are also radiation damage.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Don't know if anyone posted this yet but..

Shimka solo'd Hezak, so dunno if you should remove or not
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

The Solo list is very outdated last I checked. But yea, if they decide to update it (would be nice) Hezak should be ranked as medium or something. I had alot more trouble from Diamondine Trainee then Hezak last I tried. Biggest challenge vs Hezak is having him to yourself and convincing people to wait for you to kill it 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

tried diamondline trainee, notum trainee, fiery trainee today.

I never done them before, it seems they raise in level.. first few tries were easy (lvl 247 ish) but got harder and harder.. ultimately (facing lvl 260 ish) i needed kiting. I didnt got to the "boss", cuz it wouldnt spawn and with 20 min respawn and like 15 min to kill one i got bored very quickly.

Tried Biodome hags also. Hags themselves are very easy, can stand there with just mongo outhealing the nuke, just the adds (possessed slimebathers) will make you start using cocoon a few times.

The boss (Searing Raskor etc) I couldnt stand head to toe with him but with kiting he is very easy to kill.

Yes I am 220 but I am by no means a twinked out toon so I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Synre; Feb 9th, 2008 at 22:29:19.
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

If you guys want.. could ask Kyai to update the list.
    Otherwise I will try to update it when I got some spare time (and feel like it ).
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Synre View Post
    Tried Biodome hags also. Hags themselves are very easy, can stand there with just mongo outhealing the nuke, just the adds (possessed slimebathers) will make you start using cocoon a few times.

The boss (Searing Raskor etc) I couldnt stand head to toe with him but with kiting he is very easy to kill.
    Those BioDome key bosses are annoyingly unpredictable... Sometimes you can just stand and tank cause they don't nuke for long stretches at a time, they really suck when they nuke several times back-to-back.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Did Peter Lee last night with rrfe - had to kite 2-3 times. Crush Bone helps alot.
    Ris should be easyer
    VV

Has anyone managed to solo the alappaa molokh? I got it maybe a third down before I died at the third add spawn today, but it felt like I could have done better with more skill. Mostly been playing my up-and-coming advy lately, and my enforcer reactions are noticeably dulled .

(to "solo" a team instance, I teamed an alt parked on RK).
    Hlep gnak!

When solo, we allow Outside buffs or is it self only?
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast