Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Enforcer Guide: Soloing

added to bookmarks sticky

great stuff!
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Flurry of Blows is nice item to use.

Increases Melee Inits and Crit% with a lot. It has a locktime for like 2 minutes so would be great when you are init debuffed or just for the crit %.

The Mantis Queen is very easy to solo. At lower levels the adds might be kinda annoying but usually they cant even hit you and the Queen itself is a normal RK dyna in terms of toughness.

"Hoathlan Bosses: Numiel, Ahomac, Asanon, Hebiel"

Numiel is lvl230 and a demon (not that type of demon thats in your demon class though)... quite easy to solo, but shouldn't be considered as a hiathlin boss

You havn't added the 2 hiathlins at 255inc to that list (Punctlious Hiathlin and Scrupulous Hiathlin).

Chimera Monitor/Trainer both differ in lvl, imo though they are the same difficulty as hiathlin bosses. Saw now that you got Trainer in your 'Demon' group, move Monitor there too

Inferno Dryads could be added to Easy (the two beasthandlers at 255inc)
    Janbock 220/23 Enforcer - lootz
    Trademeh 220/19 Trader - lootz
    Tiriril 142/16 Keeper - lootz

Thanks for all the corrections/addiditons, added them to the guide

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

This guide might have to be revised if the cocoon/layer nerf is intended :/
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I'm not sure this is a nerf, so far every mob I've tried still hits for fire and radiation damage.

Enjoying RK4

Indeed, just tried it myself, absorbed 15k total vs afreet (then the 30 seconds was over) and layers work the same way they always did.
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorcorps View Post
    Flurry of Blows is nice item to use.

Increases Melee Inits and Crit% with a lot. It has a locktime for like 2 minutes so would be great when you are init debuffed or just for the crit %.
    Just to make sure you also know the downside of using this, you will also be hit/critted a lot more yourself...
    Brasco 220/30 soldier
    Enlightment 200/30 enforcer
    Quiz 200/12 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Cassave View Post
    Just to make sure you also know the downside of using this, you will also be hit/critted a lot more yourself...
    what makes you say that?

" User Temporary Agg/Def for 30s 50 "

Is that why you say that? Of course that could mean anything since FC is tightlipped on the agg/def stuff [why funcom, why!] But I'm not sure if that really implies anything bad...might imply it is setting your agg/def to 50%, but I don't think so. I think, in actuality, agg/def modifies speed of attack. I think that because of other buffs/equipment and the aao and aad mods. There is offense modifier and defense modifier which are fairly obvious. But so many other useful buffs have a positive amount of this (agg/def), vs debuffs [red tape, for instance] being a negative modifier.

Beyond that, I really don't know why you would say flurry of blows makes you get hit and critted more.

Probably nobody will ever know exactly what the affect on agg/def means, but my personal view is that it increases your attack speeds by an amount equivalent to raising your agg/def bar by 25%. I can't say if it affects your ability to evade in a negative way as well.

The reason i say 25% and not 50% is if you look at these items, it seems that agg/def can range from -100 to +100, so +50 is 25% of the range.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=88386
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=88384
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    Probably nobody will ever know exactly what the affect on agg/def means, but my personal view is that it increases your attack speeds by an amount equivalent to raising your agg/def bar by 25%. I can't say if it affects your ability to evade in a negative way as well.

The reason i say 25% and not 50% is if you look at these items, it seems that agg/def can range from -100 to +100, so +50 is 25% of the range.
    mmmh, this all depends on whether the agg/def values represents a point on the agg/def bar, or the size of a movement along said bar. I'm not totally sure how the trimmers work, but we'd logically expect them to counteract each other. In this case a +100 change is the reverse of a -100 change; however if the +/- 100 refers to a position you'd have to trim twice to reverse a change (we'd naturally have to assume that bots start at 50/50 agg/def and the trimmers do not overcompensate). With +/- 100 as positions neutral agg def would be position 0 and the total scale would be 200. WHat seems more likely is that the scale is only 100 long (allowing the trippers to counteract each other); in this case +50 would represent a movement of half your agg/def bar, not 25%.

THis is somewhat over-dependanto on assumptions though. In general don't see a huge issue with using flurry as often as possible.
    Last edited by Kyai; Sep 1st, 2006 at 01:50:07.

Enjoying RK4

pls, no math in the enfo forums. thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    pls, no math in the enfo forums. thnx.
    Not all of us are troxes

As for the issue of agg/def, the range it can be buffed by is definitely far beyond 100. While Kyai is right in that we may never truly know, I still would bet that it is used for the weapon speed calculation.

For instance, if the weapon speed calculation were: (WeaponSpeed * (Base Agg/Def + Buffed Agg/Def)

(obviously that formular is nonsense and realistic in absolutely no fasion whatsoever).

My point being that we think of the Agg/Def as we do of the Agg/Def bar. I think, rather, that Agg/Def does relate to a specific percentage of weapon speed, and that the Agg/Def BAR relates to the user choosing a weapon speed AS WELL as an aao/aad percentage [we already think this, but we don't think of them as independent actions, which I believe they are for the moment].

Meh, I suck at soloing. Conflagrant, considered a standard mob, just kicked my ass with 2-4k hits. Don't know how to outlast that kind of damage when his HP pool is so high.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugglerrr View Post
    Meh, I suck at soloing. Conflagrant, considered a standard mob, just kicked my ass with 2-4k hits. Don't know how to outlast that kind of damage when his HP pool is so high.
    You don't have to, I wrote this in the beginning of this thread and it's still true.

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman
    - Conflagrant, Incandecent and Enkindled spirit I'd put as alpha type mobs even though they have a lot of HP. Their attackrating and dmg on the really hard hits they pull off every now and then has CurrentNano as attack skill, this means after they've nuked a couple of times they get much whimpier so you can happily spend all your defensive perks the first 2 minutes and still be golden.
    Once I discovered this myself I could solo him at level 204 with a mix of chosen/otaf/azure, still died every now and then until I got the 2 second healdelta though.
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman View Post
    You don't have to, I wrote this in the beginning of this thread and it's still true.

Once I discovered this myself I could solo him at level 204 with a mix of chosen/otaf/azure, still died every now and then until I got the 2 second healdelta though.
    lol well I guess I still have to last the first 2 minutes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dugglerrr View Post
    lol well I guess I still have to last the first 2 minutes.

Thanks
    That's my motto about sex.

Ok tried them again, this time all items and perks ready. Enkindled was very easy but Conflagrant almost got me again, was close but I won. I still don't think it's that easy

You did it at 204? Would have liked to have seen that.

one thing about the Adonis Temple Bosses. i just did a run to get my int rings and damn that **** was hard becasue you have to pull the bosses in a way so that the adds get stuck and don't follow you on the brige. what a pian >_<

i must have ran around for 10mins on some bosses :P

220enf easy when i got them alone >_<

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast