Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anarchy Online is on a collision course

NOO!

Don't.

Leave.

If you leave I will eat you alive.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I'll stay.. but I want a bump token ^_^

Maybe.

~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I gotta agree with ya on all those points.

But just to be a little nitpicky and not make this a one line post, the 'patch from hell' was actually 12.6, not 12.5.

Altho honestly that was so long ago i cant even remember what they changed anymore.

-Sand

I'm afraid when I came the first patch I remember was like, 13.8 or something. I'm a noob.

Anyone wanna explain this 'Patch from Hell'?
    ~~~~~

The most famous part about 12.6 was.... TAKE IT EASY.

U get sick of seeing that message.

Mobs can hit u, but u cannot hit back, etc. etc. It got so bad that it's entirely unplayable.

The worst part was.. they left it in that completely broken state throughout the weekend peak hours.

Imgaine fighting for an hour.. and suddenly u see "take it easy" and mob kills u while u can't do anything to save yourself. One whole hour wasted.

Everybody was damm pissed.

Talking Re: Anarchy Online is on a collision course

Originally posted by Emiko
    With Shadowlands a year away and the onlything to look forward to a bunch of towers I dont care about, all I can think is, anarchy online is going down the tubes.

I have alot of fun playing this game, but you know what that has about 10% to do with the actual game, and 90% to do with me.

The game really doesnt' have my interest. I mean what is there to do? There's just no storyline, and no real quest.

I really loved the Nintendo 64 game, Zelda the ocarina of time, cos it's an amazing story and it unfolds as you go and as it unfolds the entire world changes !! That's beautiful

Rubi Ka is meant to be so life like, but if you petition an ARK and ask em " how can I make an appointment with Radament" or anything pertaining the story, the fact is, you cannot.. why? Because the truth is, AO isn't living up to FUNCOM's promises.

What's there to do on Rubi Ka?

1 - Explore the map.. well, in Zelda you could explore the map but you could do it on horseback ( Why Rubi Ka has no rideable horses is beyond me i.e. Gofie?? Ottous?? )
    The reason Zelda beats AO hands down is cos if the only quest in Hyrule was to explore the map youd die of boredom, and guess what FUNCOM, thats exactly whats happening on Rubi Ka. Your players are dying of boredom. Obviously Zelda is easier to make since its not multi player or online in realtime

2 - Missions.. A hum drum of inanities. why? Because when I go into a mega huge mission and kill a boss named so and so, it should have an impact upoon Rubi Ka. I just took a tea of 6 into asecret place clan/OT and took out one of their ELITE, but doing so makes no shred of impact on anything on Rubi Ka, which leaves me with a bitter aftertaste once the day is through.
    It proves to me this game is placating me with cookie cut out missions that do not reflect on a storyline or the universe, since there apparently is no storyline or universe

3 - PvP.. Yet again , no t a storyline based concept but something youcan find in any game online, except that most PvP games are skill based and I havent seen anything even remotely to do with skill in reference to PvP on Rubi Ka that your average 12 yr old wont master in a few days.

I guess that pretty much wraps it up for Life on Rubi Ka. I would love to say things will get better, but do I really want to wait 5-20 months waiting to find out? I might as well do what I did in 12.5 and cancel my account like all my friends and I did back then when the ***** really hit the fan, some of you remember that cold war.

If I do quit, I'll likely come back when Shadowlands comes out to see if FUNCOM got their act in gear, but I'mnot veryh hopeful right now.

If this were a movie review, I'd say thumbs up at level 1 and slowly moving to a thumbs down as I reach level 150, seems like the thumb hit terminal velocity and nothing is going to help this game get back up on it's feet. Just not enough content and nothing to keep the interest.

Thankyou.

~kupotek

yes.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Originally posted by Cyberox
    In EQ, the high end revolves around uber loot and guild raids to defeat uber bosses.
    Erm..

Ashuras- yup I was there, and unfrotunately all my friends quit due to frustration. I thought it was a bit extreme, but with all my friends gone I left too.

I thought it was pretty frustrating, I couldn't hit ANYTHING, it was so weird. Of course I was younger then and more naive, and it didnt even occur to me to just do soemthing else on Rubi Ka at the time

Ashuras - do you remember a doc named Sophie?

Unhappy Why I started playing AO....

I remember last summer, when i bought AO in a shop.....looked sooo good. The manual told me that I would be able to interact with the story of the game and I was really looking forward to spending many hours playing AO. After Aberic and Resta (I think it was them, correct me if im wrong) killed Radiman, noone has touched the story line on Rubi-KA....

Tho the first 100 lvls was great, the rest was more boring than anything I've ever done.....Would be fun to know how many Vet's I've killed now :P

If Funcom would drop the focus on leveling in AO, and put more resources into story/events I think they more ppl would stay.
    Most just stay because of friends these days....wont last forever...

Sad to see so many of my good friends gone now...
    Funcom...Stop ruining a game with alot of potesial...
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

IF and when I do quit i'll be sure to hook up with all myingame friends outside of Rubi Ka, it would be nice if Anarchy Online really surprised us with something special .

The new static quests will be very interesting to all professions, I'd think.

And the 'worldwide freak accident' that ruined the Arul Saba gems -might- mean that Arul Saba himself is going to make an appearance, so nobody would have a huge advantage from stocking up on gems earlier.

In any case, 14.5 is definetly one patch I'm looking forward to. Finally a reason to do something else than running on the mission-treadmill..
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

When is the expected release date of 14.5 ? And why is the bbi not fixed in 14.5 but instead promised in 14.6 ?

I'm afraid the new static quests are going to give out nothing more than them silly rings. Custom Made Enforcer Ring of Not Much use et al.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12