Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some people deliberately exploit this bug.

Thumbs down Some people deliberately exploit this bug.

Will the run-out-of-range-then-un-able-to-shoot bug be fixed soon? I would rather have this fixed before some more new stuff would be introduced. This bug so defiantly ruin half the pvp fights everyday.. I beg you plsplsplsplsplsplspls fix it!!!
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

erm, not sure I am understanding you properly. If they are out of range, surely you should be unable to shoot?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

I also want them to fix that if someone zone I should still be able to hit them even if I don't zone, must be a bug too....
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

lilnymph: well the problem occurs when your opponent comes back into viewdistance/range. FC know of this bug, talked to sevral arks bout it aswell, and its a known issue.

ah, now I understand, sorry, I wasnt aware of this bug, and it sounded a little like you where complaining about people attacking you from outside your gun range etc.

hugs and a bump for fixing bugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

juz press "q" twice and hope he hasn't broken off combat:P

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

Now let those fixers run! D'oh forgot, I'm a soldier

-----------------------------
    Littletza, President of Shadow Ops
    191 soldier
    RK2

Hehe and Kaehlar Sleves (or however you spell it), make 'um soldier only, not clan!

Oh yeah - forgot: I've launched a good Full Auto at someone just as he ran out of range - lag? yes! Shot fired? YES! Enemy hit? NO!

Tried it like a 1000 times, dont work

Yeah, pressing Q twice does nothing for me. I've been in a fight with this one clan NT that exploits this every single time he fights me. He starts out with a powerful root and runs just out of view then quickly pops right back into view knowing full well what it does to my guns. At fist I thought he just does it by mistake, and that he was just trying to get out of range of my guns, but when I break root and run up to him he doesn’t bother to root me or try to get out of range again because he knows my guns have become useless until I zone again.

Hello

This is really bad. It's being used on a regular basis by some ppl.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Angry YES!

That is my point exactly! FC fix it pls

Should i push the rolling rock of bump's down the hill and hope it will hit someone on the way? Or is it only me that is seeing this as one of the major problems?

hmm

even though i dont pvp this is worth a bump.

please expose similiar game breaking bugs to the public maybe that will change something
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

/me tries to nudge the stone.. but its kinda heavy

bumping for a fix

I feel for you, Predicament. This exploit/bug has been around far too long. I'm starting to think that the fix is too complicated.

but bumping anyway...

Wow, haven't seen this one yet. Bumpage for how stupid the bug is

--Tsk

Angry The stone starts to move..

Well... enough is enough. First time I petitioned about the bug. The ark was a great sport, and told me that this bug has been know for about 6 months (now, that is sometime ago though) so I was hoping that this would be approached officially soon.

But noooooo, no recognition yet. I have also noticed again, that EVERY time I fight certain opponents, this happens. There is no doubt that they do this on purpose. So I have had enough. I will petition every time this happens, just to waste the arks time since I can’t waste FC’s. As a gimped soldier as I am, I have to wait for ages to find a fight I actually have a chance to win. But when it finally appears, it ruined by exploits/bugs.

To FC: If you try recreate the bug, you need two clients, cause on your opponents screen, it looks like you’re fireing, but you don’t do any damage.

To Arks: Don’t take this personally; I just want you to note down how often this actually happens. You can just reply me with your pleasant macro’s still. Cya soon.

To other players: PLS! Help petition when you encounter this. Something has to be done now.

To be continued…

Guess what....I think this bug can be used on mobs as well. I can't confirm because I don't have a rooting character, but still this needs fixing none the less.

mobs dont care, theyll just walk thru the wall, and kill ya...

no, it dont work on mobs, as soon as they enter ur view distance, u get an "attacked by fresh FC wannaB"... and their hits hurts u....
    trust me
    /Pylette
    /Lurre
    /Fixersmurf
    /Pylet

Btw, although you dont see yourself swinging, neither do they.

On the server however, you are both fighting.
    Try it, Neither of you will see yourself attacking (but you will see the other guy shooting you)

It is funny to see your opponent just fall over dead after awhile.
    BUT DAMN ITS ANNOYING.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Kinkstaah's right, although I'm not sure if your specials work, which is particularly a pain when you're running and waiting for the burst to cycle up. Also, it's not 100% this way... sometimes the mob/other player is shooting/hitting you and on your side they're still out of range.

I'm going to take a leap here and guess this is a server-synch issue. It seems to be the same thing that makes mobs jump suddenly from one room to another when in a team mission with a laggy team, or the reason why a member of the team is getting shot by a mob no one else on the team can see or find. Methinks this is part of the price we've paid to eliminate previous major issues such as memory leaks, major "rubberbanding" lag, mobs still hitting after they're dead, etc etc that were prevelant in the earlier days.

If the original poster's soldier indeed is a "gimp" it's not likely he would survive any pvp encounter. I suggest if he is ultimately interested in "pwning" in PvP that he browse through the soldier boards and read up on the best way to configure his character for PvP. The reason I mention this is because if he goes out and loses every pvp match he's in, thinking it's because he isn't shooting, when in fact he is, but the client-side just isn't registering it, and then he loses ultimately because he isn't twinked for PvP.

It's unfortunate that not just any joe player in the game can't at least have a decent match in pvp without having to specially set himself up for it, but that's the way the game is today. For example, a weapon dealing projectile damage like a mauser particle streamer may be great for PvM but lousy in PvP, since nearly everyone has high Projectile ac. On the other hand, the Mauser Chemical Streamer may be much more effective for PvP, since it deals Chemical damage. Other more extreme examples could be swapping implants, getting short-term buffs to use higher nanos (like damage sheilds or MK) or temporarily OE higher QL weapons.

Back to the topic at hand: I think there may be a way to resolve this and reset the client to the server. I've noticed the enemy's health bar is often updated when they recieve nano damage (ie Fixer spcial AOE burst or da taunter/agg enhancer nano dmg, NT nuke, or possibly even general debuff). I don't know if this works in PvP, but client-side seems to reset when nano damage is dealt against the oponent, and the attack spam resumes. I'd be interested if this happens in PvP as well... it might work with a general debuff nano. If you're fighting an NT, explore their nano line before hand and see what nanoskill their nukes are based on, then get a -20 general debuff for that skill. It will not only confuse them breifly and cause them to switch to a different attack (hopefully) but it should also "reset the client."

I can't emphasize enough that this is mostly speculation and requires some testing. I also strongly encourage the original poster to take a week or so off of leveling and spend some time twinking up specifically for pvp as this will certainly enhance his pvp capability, whether the NT is seemingly exploiting or not. Another thought - have a 3rd person observer come to the pvp area with you, and observe the damage dealt by both parties. Your friend could then verify whether or not you are still dealing damage against your opponent even if you are not seeing it on your screen.

I hope this helps, and please update us with more info if you take the time to test this =)

here's an idea!

funcom should fix this bug like it fixes all other bugs...it should remove it from the game!

Funcom Announcement: All movement has been removed from the game due to a feature not working as intended.

it "worked" for dragon flight, didn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast