Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Will soldiers be getting their much needed luv patch before the booster?

Its nothing about taunt they forsure dong more dmg than i.... so whats soldiers for ? we cant heal we cant do a decent dmg like MA. Our attack is almost same with anyone (anyone who is using same guns) pluse we dont have anything other heh its that simple
    Range? in pvm i can surely say there is no + point for that mobs can hit me even 3 rooms away
    (Original) lvl 200 Neutral -Soldier-
    Lance"Jovilen" Scheer

err... yes it is... it has everything to do with taunt...
    When you're doing very close damage to your team mates, and the aggro kept shifting, if you use taunter, or even our single taunt (which isn't very good ATM), you WILL get the aggro for at least 2~3 mob hits, and using Mongo will allow you to keep it long.

i have ID assualt i am doing that too sometimes but not that effective first of all and they definitly doing more dmg than me too and taunts you are saying so ... dmg is still better than mine
    (Original) lvl 200 Neutral -Soldier-
    Lance"Jovilen" Scheer

sigh... that is completely bogus...
    If you want to tell me that enfs at your lvl outdamages you, try reading the posts several pages back, it had all the numbers you need.
    Of course, if you'd like to provide your own set of data, that'll be greatly appreciated.

btw, when in a team, IF someone pulls aggro from the enf without using debuff-nuke/root/stun, that means they are outdamaging the enf by A LOT. You're not suppose to pull away the aggro if you deal roughly the same damage, didn't do the above listed, and the enf mongoed.

Some lvl 74 soldier info.
    I am going to compare to another class here.. so please dont be offended and start flaming, the facts are accurate.

Short summation: i think soldier is OK in pvm.. but totally useless in pvp against most people who know what they are doing.
    we are by no means the masters of damage of any kind like we were told we were supposed to be when we chose this profession.

My rk2 soldier was born sometime in february when i started playing, then he was retired after level 50 until the IP reset patch came so I could fix all IP mismanagement.

at present he is using a ql145 nova flow... could possibly equip a 155 with some help and not be OE.
    (this with ql110-113 implants)
    need riot control and wrangle to get the gun on btw...

I'm not too unhappy with damage, but considering ranged damage is all I am good at its not too great either.
    normal hits: 1-600ish
    critical hits: 1.4k
    burst: 300-1500

EDIT: attackrating at 522 with assault rifle mastery on.
    (guess i shouldn't forget stuff like that =)

now that I have AR mastery and a few levels from RE mastery the 2 things that annoy me the most is:

1) at level 75 fixers get a +79 smg & +50 burst buff.
    they effectively have a better weapon mastery than I do, and will continue to have that until i get the 635 PM & SI required to cast total focus. and then while getting a -40 evade hit i have a few points higher attack than a fixer if my weapon is 100% AR until the fixer gets frenzy of shells (mind you, shower with lead comes damn close too).

2) -40 evades for +50 combat skills on total focus, drop the evade debuff please (just like you removed the damage debuff on the fixer runbuffs)

And dont flame me just because i compare to fixers, i think its an appropriate comparison since the numbers i have given is fact.

I have been playing a fixer as well and I'm not saying you outdamage soldiers all the time, or do equal damage all the time
    but you are a profession that can solo KIT a desert demon in mort at level 90 with skillful use of your nanos. (havent gotten there with my fixer yet, this was a friends doing) (note: that was way before the fixer patch even)
    And if fixers that was capable of that needed love because their damage sucked, we soldiers sure as hell need twice as much love!

If for no other reason to avoid being disillusioned and dump our soldiers... after all, we are supposed to be "the masters of ranged damage".

and while on the fixer subject we can take a look at some hybrid weapons too.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=160151&t=ag
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=160499&t=ag

those 2 smgs are clearly hybrids that do more damage per attack rating than a 100% smg, this is for PVM btw..
    might i also add that they are better than the soldier weapons at the same skill req.

our hybrids should also do more damage.. (looking good in the test database with the Nophex Plasma Destroyer II)

about soldier aggro: you're screwed if your not solitus.
    jealousy augmented aggression enhancers work ok for me.
    (get essence of pure jealousy from steps of madness)
    I also have a modified aggression enhancer from the iron reet to try later. Unless memory fails me those 2 agg enhancers are both solitus only. (good thing i picked the right breed)

edit: fixers got the NCU Hacker interface to augment their dark blue nano skills. maybe soldiers should get a "Advanced Weapons Training Merit Badge" to buff all skills in the ranged skilltab?
    Last edited by Stol; Sep 8th, 2002 at 13:23:41.

Totally agree, they should remove the evade debuff

I'm not too unhappy with damage, but considering ranged damage is all I am good at its not too great either.
    normal hits: 1-600ish
    critical hits: 1.4k
    burst: 300-1500
    heh my dmg isn't too much better than that at lvl 144.

Normal Hits:1-700is
    Crit:1-2k
    burst: 900-1.9k

Err but maybe im just gimped because i dont know what im doing
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Hmmm Phione I don't think enfs do less dmg as soldiers - they do much more. But what about a test? Let us meet in Newland and we both kill say 5-10 guards. Lets check who of us make more dmg and who of us kill the guards faster. And lets see how much hp we have after 1 fight.

After that I would appreciate any tips from you. Oh and I have a div9, a nova and a chs. Still have much more weapons. So we can try all options out if you want - I use the weapon you suggest I should use.

Originally posted by Whitesand
    Hmmm Phione I don't think enfs do less dmg as soldiers - they do much more. But what about a test? Let us meet in Newland and we both kill say 5-10 guards. Lets check who of us make more dmg and who of us kill the guards faster. And lets see how much hp we have after 1 fight.

After that I would appreciate any tips from you. Oh and I have a div9, a nova and a chs. Still have much more weapons. So we can try all options out if you want - I use the weapon you suggest I should use.
    HEY.........leave my Newland guards alone, bub. If you want to test, go test in the Cyborg dungeon; they have more than enough HP for a decent test. And respawning means repeatability for your tests, just like the NL guards. Better yet, go test on the Trash King, or one of the Quest bots, and let the poor lowbie who's been trying to get that chip for 4 days in a row loot it. Begone, NL guard killers!! Well, what are you waiting for? Shoo! Shoo!
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789