Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will soldiers be getting their much needed luv patch before the booster?

Will soldiers be getting their much needed luv patch before the booster?

My last thread degenerated into flaming and off topic stuff (as much my fault as anyones yes) and was deleted, so I'm posting another.

Will soldiers be receiving their love patch before the booster? I for one believe that once the booster hits live funcom will be overwhelmed with bug fixing and general balancing, delaying any proffession love patches by half a year or more. So, I would like to get a firm "yes/no soldiers will/willnot be getting their love patch before the booster." from cz or cosmik, or any dev.

I realize that nt's were promised the next love patch, and I'm not campaigning to bump them from the queu(sp?), I simply want to know if ours is coming before the booster as well.

I don't beleive I'm being selfish in asking this, soldiers are mediocre at best, and atrocious at worst. I simply want to know if the soldier patch will be happening soon (as in before the next year) because I myself am not willing to wait another 6months-1year for fixing.

Thank's in advance.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Fixerish bump in support of our solja brother. We were asking for help before too.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Bump for profession-luvin'. Soldiers, NTs and Engineers.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

engineers, soldiers/nts.. nuff said
    Socializer 93%
    Explorer 53%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 13%
    <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<)

Bumpdibump

Nanotech's. soldier's & Engineers... WE NEED LUV!!! , and the point about bugs after the booster... i believe it will posponed alot of luving that is not done before the booster comes...

Angry

agreed sredni we diffenetly need at least a little love. no1 loves us soldiers
    bla

Right now...

...we don't know.

I doubt we will dedicate many patches at all to a single profession in the future. Profession changes and additions will come, but probably not in an exclusive patch.

.... not exactly a positive reply...

Cz,

Is it the contention of FC`s staff/devs that the soldier is a balanced profession atm?

We have all read Jim Salabims statement about nanos "somewhere in the future", and other vague references to weaponry.

With every patch since 12.5 we have been on the recieving end of a rather big and nasty n*** stick. Granted we were overpowered back then, but I find it incredible that noone in FC has noticed what has happened to soldiers as a profession.

../me wishes for a profession specific patch like every other gimped prof has gotten..

Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: Right now...

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

I doubt we will dedicate many patches at all to a single profession in the future. Profession changes and additions will come, but probably not in an exclusive patch.
    Great!

Fix most professions exclusively, even give one of those professions a quest for themselves. Then we skip the others.

Great!
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

*bump*
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Arrow Re: Right now...

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

Which is how it should have been done in the first place really. A fix or two every patch for every profession. Everyone gets something that way.

Re: Re: Right now...

Originally posted by Sjoko

Great!

Fix most professions exclusively, even give one of those professions a quest for themselves. Then we skip the others.

Great!
    Speaking as someone who's had to run both of the two fixer-quests... how would you feel if you had to run quests, both of which can be griefed or simply messed up by random people, both of which carry a high time investment, just to get something that *should* have been basic to your profession?

I didn't mind running them, personally, felt kinda like a neat way to get my nanos, but don't complain that we get profession-specific quests.

That said, BUMP for soldier love, I don't wanna see Sredni disappear on me....
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

50% patched, 50% unpatched.. What better way to do things than to quit a job that is half done..

soldiers don't ****ing need love they WANT love there is a difference let those profs which need love (engies for one) get their love before that profs that WANt it.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Unhappy

lol, I love how people who play other gimped professions vehemently deny that others are gimped as well. Bask in your gimphood Intrepid, this soldiers tired of his gimphood and won't be staying on to enjoy any more.

we don't know = not for a looong time

64days, 6hours, 56minutes, and 25seconds of sredni saying so long. Spent the last hour of time online saying bye, and helping some lowbies kill quest mini bots.

I truly have no intention of buying a booster which is in effect a pvp patch, when my proffession cannot pvp. I do not intend to wait around with my hand held out for another year waiting for my proffession to be ungimped. And I do not intend to start an alt, I don't want to be a flavah of the month toon.

Good luck to those soldiers who have the heart to soldier on.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

omfg. that's all i can say right now.

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

Great, maybe some more damn MA changes???? Bah, thats so lame and annoying ...

If your DEV's don't get up and play another Proff then MA's it'll soon look like on Dim 3 ... 90% MA's ... Proff like Soldiers, Engineers or NT's you couldn't find hardly. Why should you start one if they suck so badly ...

And to make it obvious ... pls explain this if it is implemented ...

Titan Physique +416 HP for 533 BioMeta

Battlefield Endurance +405 HP (!) for 730 !! Bio Meta

Bah, make some damn Professions uber and ignore the others and you can bring out as many Booster Packies as you want ... you had your time ...

*very annoyed*
    Quotation from a statement of Henry Radiman, official Clan Leader:
    >> "Action is needed," says Radiman. "Commentary is needed. Policy is needed. The Council is needed." <<

------------
    Marariella, once a Member of The Council
    ------------

Originally posted by Cz
    ...we don't know.

.................................................. ...........................................

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast