Thread: Adv Fixes ???

Angry Adv Fixes ???

i see today patch iproves greats things for a lot of classes ....
    but where are ADV fixes ????
    do u hate this profession as much as that ?
    please do something for us to make the game at least playable ...
    cancelling next week if u dont do anything

Exclamation Please don't change, just fix

*pleads on her knees, with apologies to Kemz*

Kemz, stick with it, it gets better I figured that the adventurer was the average anyway, a little of everything, and I think that is pretty close to accurate.

I have finally gotten used to life as an adventurer, for my limitations and abilities, and I am stable (sic), with a few glitches in morphs that could use some help. So PLEASE don't go tampering with me!!!!

(Woah, deja vu)

But, please think about these:

Let us heal while reets, ourselves (hint TEAM HEALS whilst travelling???) or anyone else we choose even if by accident (challenge).

Let us heal anyone, anywhere,

Let us recharge nanos while reets. PLEASE, I am tired of dying in transit.

Stop that silly Sabretooth Teletype "Chatter" while reloading "You cannot recharge nano sometimes while "stuck"

Why does Sabretooth have a rectangle on her back? Look at it with a damage shield and you will really see what I mean.

Wolf and Sabretooth sit/lie down, but only when you try to stand up (not before), wazzat?

Better pistols? (sigh not many use them now, I know)

Using two pistols is still not perfect. ("Please wait for previous attack to finish," ergh Hmmmm...well I am dead now, is that long enough? Is this just adventurers?)

Adventurer has no harmful nanos, and that is fine (I like that, as one with the environment, there is no reason to). But a few more nice ones for (after?) Christmas would be neat.

Hmm, hey Santa, I'd love a nano like humidity or autohealing (argh that's doctor stuff)......

<end of rant>
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

agree Cat :)

all u said is true .. we really need improvements !
    ( sorry french so hard to speak well about it )
    thanx for aswering

and...

Agree with all of the above. I'd also add;

put bau in the shopping machines (everyone else gets that lvl of armour in the stores) and take all the rubbish pistols out and let some good ones in more often (I had to check about 10 advanced terminals about 5 times a day each for over a week to find a Q70ish Khemo - that is NOT fun.

Also, are FAs really that good? At least after lvl 50, they should be returned to the game. Being out-gunned by shotgun-wielding traders is a tad embarassing, especially when they're boosting 1 attack skill to my 4!

Dual-wielders are being savaged by damage shields. Would it not be fairer to have them deal percentage damage of what they're hit by? Think this would solve our problems.

Smile hmmm

Personally I love Chocolate, but since I cannot use it to fight, I keep some Atlas CV Vanilla Dreams handy...

Actually, keeping a number of pistols closeby is useful, since different monsters are resistant to different stuff. 1 Freedom Arms, 2 Desert Reets, two Vanilla Dreams (my favorite), a Khemo Tech (stupid energy skill), one OT Boomer...are there other good ones? Since all except the Boomer do different types damage, "and a partridge in a pear tree"..try them all wiht the damage spam turned on, it makes a difference in missions!!!

As for the junk? EVERYONE has to weed the Wheat from the Chaff, so we are no alone. I prefer nano armour to the Bau thingies, but I seem to find higher and higher Bau armour, so .....
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Cat's Closet

My point with Bau was that every other mix of stat armour has a selection of reasonable choices. We have cyber fullstop.

I dont expect waitt or nano in the shops, but Bau is inferior and should really be there just to put us int/psy users on an even keel.

I dont wanna be uber, i just wanna be on a level playing field.

and what about percentage damage for damage shields? Surely this is a good idea?

Cat,

Adventurers are not average they are below average and they are certainlyl not a little bit of everything we have 4 types of nano heal, damage shield, run, ac all of wich are far far behind any other classes. No I didn't add morphs because they are pretty much usless as they currently are.

Heh let us heal as reets, well untill a couple patches ago we could heal and buff as reets or in cars, not sure why they took that ability away they never said but it was pretty pointless.

I have said it before and I will say it again, there is no reason we should not have dots and root/snares albiet less powerfull than other classes as it should be but we are high tech rangers they are appropriate for us.

Algenon

No FA are not that good they are decent damage and speed at lower lvls but higher up they suffer the same fate as all other pistols (no scale) so the damage becomes a joke.. Not to mention that infernal reflect shield it causes your opponent to raise(see FA description for why).

Oh Cat,
    I don't know if its still around but there was a 2h blunt (I think) called chocolate and it looked like a lump of chocolate you you may have an out for relieving your cravings if you can find it.

Just to let you know where I come from I am a 131 Adv using a Nova Flow (untill 115 I used the POS pistols but finally woke up) I wear Str/Stam armor (elite) and I finally can fight not being embarressed by my damage. We do have options but it takes a very long time and alot of wasted ips to find it. I have a couple hundred thousand ips in pistol and dual wield I would love to have back.

Adv do need a considerable amount of tweeking, we are falling further behind the other classes every lvl and tweek they get.
    Last edited by Serena; Jan 5th, 2002 at 05:22:45.

Serena, there is a reason why the "FreedomArms 3927" are taken out of the game.

While their normal damage is "not that great", u should look at their crits.

At QL200, the damage is: 26-211 (850)

The famed Vektor ND (capped at QL180) is "only" 8-386(812)

This is insane damage potential at good speed, although I think it's justified considering how much more expensive (in terms of IP costs) it is to use those FAs.

Still.. I think Funcom should have left us pistol users some decent alternative

Hmm well I will have to check that out Ashuras since I still have 2 85s in the bank. Heh, will look at them but never saw many crits at all with em.

Oh and Cat,

The chocolate weapon is still there I saw it as a mission reward last night =)
    Problem is its blunt =(

Would be funny as heck though killing something by flinging chunks of chocolate at it, talk about food thats bad for you =>
    Last edited by Serena; Jan 7th, 2002 at 03:46:33.

About those crits... we normally don't see a lot of them, especially for the freedom arms, becoz it had range energy as one of the components for computing attack rating.

Our range energy is darkblue...

But.. if u're buffed with MA's SG or VS, and have a LLTS equiped...

I had that once, and my desert reet crits for 900++, criting once every 2 or 3 shots is no laughing matter. I drew aggro so often.. I had to set the agg/def slider back a bit

Oh.. crits dont come very often if u're fighting deep reds though.. even when buffed... it's becoz their evades are much too high compared to our attack rating.

Lol I crit 2 3 or 4 times in a row for 1500 to 1600 with my nova and VS Ashuras, OMG you want to talk about drawing the agro hehe..

The thing that soured me was the reflect shield it made your opponent put up. Oh sure I know it wasnt much 3 or 4 damage a shot but it still annoyed hehe...

They were cool guns people used to comment on how fast I fired and at 15 that 30 to 40 sometimes 60 damage was impressive, to bad they didn't scale very well as you leveld =(

Spell checker please... where is my spell checker!!
    Last edited by Serena; Jan 7th, 2002 at 04:06:50.

Serena, I know how well those Novasflows do

Just to point out that even useless pistols could become wonderful sometimes with the right buffs. (I forgot to add... that Sabretooth does wonders too)

BTW, those Desert Reets are really damm fast. It's a pity their bursts are like "Sh*T" since the nerf on bursts.

I was really quite amazed when I actually drew aggro that much during those rare occasions .. it seldom happens though

Exclamation Hmmmm....

Yes, Serena, and there is the Fast Chocolate surprise (a grenade/bomb I think)

I do have one other thing to think about, I have MP friends flying at level 80 (no plane). Now since I have no luck and no money, a plane is simply not in my future anytime soon (I will not cheat to get one). Therefore, my only other option is Calia's Form: Parrot.. Many folks (even adventurers) say its junk because the skills are way too high, but I set my mind on finding one, and sure enough, I did. But the problem is, even if I get to level 120 (I am not) I 'd need QL 250 implants (kinda joking, because they don't exist, but do the math) and maxed skills, just to use the silly thing, and/or Infusions, just to be able to fly...is there something wrong with this picture? By the time I get to use it, I might as well use the pit lizard, since its not that much higher, and by then I will HAVE almost enough.

Funcom...was there a reason for this? I got reet 2 about the same time as my MP friends could fly...can someone explain?

Cat's Closet

Hey now here are some suggestions

Now I can't point enough how much I am pissed, but I am not here for that. I am going to give my own opinion about the adv:

I am lvl 60 now. Here is how things went: My vision of the adv was the 'ranger', some warrior of the wielderness. Not Ze warrior like the enforcer or a soldier, but an exotic branch of a fighter class, not some doolittle of here and there, that's bull. U cannot be efficient if you are not specialized. Make adv's 'rangers', not jack-of-all-trades. Besides, ma's got lots of greens which makes them mathematically more flexible than us with the ip, and agent IS that jack-of-all-trades COMBINED with high damage inflictor. We adv's are like agents without the damage and their flexibility. IMO. Make adv's rangers.

'Broad capabilities'. Hmmmmm... All the good weapons' requisites are almost all dark blue for us (heavy weapons - well ok, a ranger not supposed to be using heavy weaponry - maybe; dimach, brawl dark blue... uuuuh... why?); note the classic rider user.

Pistol? hmmmm the damage sux although a tiny better since we have it in green= higher attack, higher damage. yayyy. Engys have that, plus the pet... Yeah we've got heals... By the time we heal we got hit twice... Still, the Pistols are a waste anyways.

Assault Rifle? Could be fair, but an adv who is lvl 120ish now told he regreted it... So... Can't really tell for myself but appearantly a bad thing.

A bit back to what happened with my (wasted) 2 months spent with my one and only adv char. At lvl 48 I was using ql 60ish pistols. I raised Pistols(duh), Fling, Burst, ENERGY RANGED,(I have not seen ANY gun doing any extra damage worth spending ip for this skill. And aaaaaall those weapons out there doing energy damage and NOT requiring E.Ranged...) and of course Dual Range. This build could be more expensive than the rider's path. MIGHT. But at least around the same cost. For what? A total disadvantage.

We have shotgun dark blue. Shotgun is quite mean and that's fine. Just gotta fix pistols. If those FA's I heard about were so nasty COMPARED to a shotgun IT IS justified!! Using those Vektors ask for ONE skill!! Using the FA or any guns with soooo many requisites should be much justified in terms of ip sacrifice don't you think?

2 solutions:
    _u (sadly) nerf shotguns and let pistols and assault rifles etc the way they are. Yayyyy pvp a bit better..... Hunting much worse.
    _u fix pistols and prolly some other gun types according to the ip investment for having something better as damage, and let the shotguns the way they are.

Ok now. Some more. I am -ok- with the heals; though it is true the minimum heal is a tad low compared to the max score.

Ac's. Hmmmmm they lower than engy's kinda weird to me for a ranger vision ---- oook I know u want the adv to be average... but make him a ranger!!! Though I am -ok- with our actual ac's

The morphs. Only the reet is useful to me. I see no difference when cubbed for anything. Sabretooth dunno yet but appearantly well it's not too neat... Pit Lizard? I saw the stats; I'll ask some high adv if they feel different -statlike-

Damage shield.... ppfffff such a waste... Except to be shiny just so ur team finds u easier if u got lost

Back to the adv story. I was soooooo pissed about my damage with the pistols that I started to raise shotgun. Yes, you heard me. Well when I got the ql 65 vektor: about 800ish crit damage, compared my ql 60 DE Reet: 350 damage.

Weird huh? Using a dark blue skill (shotgun), doing better damage. Using a green skill (pistol) +++ the other skills with it, much lower damage. Not to speak the average damage... Pistol: 40ish. Shotgun: 150ish. Yes, I dual range. 25ish average damage for the other one...

I really think the shotgun's damage is fine, but some weapons in this game... man u wonder why they exist... Stabbers... Pistols... etc.

Now more things I think that needs to be fixed: more attack score difference when using a 'specialized' skill (green etc) and fiiiiiiiiix the other weapons pretty please!!!

To give an idea about how much I think pistols should do in damage: my belief is about 65-70 percent . Then, with dual range, u would do about 20 to 30 percent more. 25 would be ideal, to 'simulate' the loss of precision. Let's see. The dual pistoleer raising fa, burst, fling shot, pistols, dual range and maybe energy ranged along with it should deserve that 25ish percent better damage compared to an assault rifle wielder. 'Dude that's gonna piss off the soldiers!' Nooooo, it will make different character builds; it will be up to the player to invest more ip to do better damage or do less damage to have more ip to spend else where. Fair enough? I am not indirectly asking that adv's do better better damage than soldiers; soldiers can do that same thing too, plus their buffs, they will be able to do better damage than us.

Anyways; so since i'm lvl 48, I went shotgun and know I am a bit useful damage wise in a team... I dont kicked out because I am using pistols. U hear me Funcom. Kicked. I wonder if any of your testers have that happen to them; not to wonder if they ever tried adv.

Conceal... Perception etc... U know those problems I am sure many gave u feedback on that.

If you ever want to give some love to adv's here are some ideas (u prolly heard about them):

_A pet of the wielderness. Different types.

_Morphs for water. Hey how about that for nice new edge: sharks etc being able to ATTACK. How is that for a class who is supposed to have an edge with nature.

_Animals that you could ride. More exotism; linked with the adventure skill. Wow... adventure skill becoming useful.

_As for prolly everyone, ranger-only gear (oooops, I said ranger... sorry I dream the adv being a ranger. So much proper don't u think?)

_Charm mobs. WILDERNESS type only. Fair enough? We could charm only some types of creaturest hat way. - If thought of too unbalancing that's ok. But a summonable pet would be really neat.

_Healing pets. Not with the usual heals we already have. Too uber cuz if charmed pet allowed, team heal way too nasty as a soloer - hmmm though if you want us to 'shine' when alone.....

_I heard some root suggestion. IMO I don't agree - though only when in forests maybe? Roots... get it? Actually both a joke and a suggestion. Wouldnt work in a desert though...

As you see I am for some fixes and for some love. How about that adv-ranger idea. We would do fair when in urban areas and we would be SPECIALIZED when in the wilderness. Heck, we could summon different pets according to where u summon them. Scorpoids in the desert, Gargantulas or Panthers in the forest etc. New, fair limitation: the pets could not be able to follow you if you go out of their area - it would accentuate the idea of the adv having his own 'nature turfs'...

Oh man... You imagine that? About those forums with the 'controllable op's and cities' with the political zone things with the bonus coming up as long as you keep up the spot on your side... How about the adv's striving to get rid of some tribes or mutants that spoil Mother Earth? Or those borg bases... Make more political ground. Create 'urban' and 'nature' ground. This would add more fun and more roleplay... I can imagine engys or bureaucrats trampling on an adv's turf (some sort of unlocked appartment u would have to protect). Now I imagine the conversation; not the probable fight that would occur... The adv would have special bonuses for remaining on the turf etc... We would have a specific branch of enemy along with the clan-omni conflict. Here's more work for you funcom

Talking Whoopsie... A few fixes in my post :)

About the: 'pistols should do about 65ish percent damage' paragraph, I meant 'pistols should do about 65ish percent of an assault rifle's damage'

And the 'Healing pet' suggestion... I meant being able to heal your pet, but not with the classic heal nanoprog; a special heal-ur-pet-only...

Heyyyy... I wonder if some mystic nature pet could heal u on certain grounds..... =) Yeah u got that right... Special ability pets differing with where u summon them =)

We would get specific advantages on different wilderness areas

Anyways... My long 2 creds worth

---HeartOfAbyss--- lvl 60 adv, side clan.