Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .. A quistion for high levels (150+)

Unhappy Get out when you can

I've been doing the Level 130-200 run, boy it is NOT pretty. Tab and attack is getting old fast.

I've run out of steam for leveling in BS over and over and over and over and over and over and over...etc... again.

Everyday in the last month or so, I would login and think to myself, "What can I do today...upgrade implants, no, have QL 200s...upgrade armor, no, have QL 200s...upgrade stats, maxed for breed....get that higher nano, can cast all nanos for class (with MP help)...(*sigh*)"

1. ...Stand in NLC...
    2. /s lvl class lfg
    3. ...get group...
    4. get 2 QL 180 missions for BS
    5. ...tab, attack, tab, attack....
    6. kill boss
    7. feel lucky for the guy that looted the boss because no one else wants anything
    8. group grids
    9. Group breaks
    10. goto 1

Welcome to level 120+

I dont agree with that at all

My typical day on Rubi Ka !

Wake up go yawnnnn!

Morph into a leet and roll around til I am awake
    Resume normal form and check out what time it is on Rubi Ka
    Daytime I will head to Omni Trade and throw a few things on the morning market, or mett up with some pals in Reets for a chat

Night time I will head to Newland for a team mission to anywhere, or head to Reets for a party with live gridstream DJ or chat with pals as I wander GoF looking for Joo, who I have not run into yet :P

I do Broken Shores team missions too, but I usually only go there once or twice a week.. that really helps break up the repetitious evil of boredom and apathy so many people face around here !

Some times I spend an hour in the Trade section of Newland shop working on implants, yesterday I found out I can jump on a short wall in the alley of the newland shops, and from there get on to the roofs, I sure hate having to use a yalm to get up there.

Also you might know about some craziness of mine, I hold swapmeets ingame on Rk-1, I hold contests here on the boards, and basically try to buy or find or trade at least one of anything I've never seen before, just for the experience,

Sometimes I look for mochies just to help parrot people for an hour.

Sometimes I blitz solo missions for advy nano's I already have just to give em away to newbie advys I meet in the backyards.

What Im saying is there is alot to do but it is no thanks to FUNCOM. You need to use your own ingenium to have fun on Rubi Ka!

Believe in your self.. dont feel obligated to run the mill.. do what you like, if it's jumping off the highe towers of harry's in sabretooth form (* like me *), or swimming in the water underneath the clan castle outpost, * like me *, or being chased by anun shredders in Avalon while in reet form ( like me ) just have fun -

the world is yours, and face it, its pretty barren out there..

I would love to get a group of like 10-20 people together and do something really amazing on Rubi Ka.. if anyone has any ideas and are serious, e-mail me at kupotek@hotmail.com

Hunting and exploring?

Is there no one over level 120 that hunts in the wild open or explores the vast world of Rubi-Kai? The whole reason I want to be level 200 is to be able to go just about anywhere and do anything I want too. I currently spend tons of time exploring now. I have found some interesting NPC's all over Rubi-kai. Some are shop keepers that sell tank armor/battlesuits, Pistols/bows and other items. Seeing some of the unique critters running around is pretty cool too. The first time I saw a Primal Chirop, I almost peed my pants. I now have a new respect for those itty bitty little squawking birds after seeing that Primal Chirop. Has anyone hunted the Enigma's? Does anyone hunt the Medusae anymore?

I was just wondering as I have not seen anyone mention anything about exploring the world. It seems everyone here just talks about how boring it is to level doing missions over and over and over.... maybe exploring a bit more would be a cool alternative? Just a suggestion

Re: Hunting and exploring?

Originally posted by Coltross
    Is there no one over level 120 that hunts in the wild open or explores the vast world of Rubi-Kai? The whole reason I want to be level 200 is to be able to go just about anywhere and do anything I want too. I currently spend tons of time exploring now. I have found some interesting NPC's all over Rubi-kai. Some are shop keepers that sell tank armor/battlesuits, Pistols/bows and other items. Seeing some of the unique critters running around is pretty cool too. The first time I saw a Primal Chirop, I almost peed my pants. I now have a new respect for those itty bitty little squawking birds after seeing that Primal Chirop. Has anyone hunted the Enigma's? Does anyone hunt the Medusae anymore?

I was just wondering as I have not seen anyone mention anything about exploring the world. It seems everyone here just talks about how boring it is to level doing missions over and over and over.... maybe exploring a bit more would be a cool alternative? Just a suggestion
    Oh.. I've seen all those things u've mentioned. I had been exploring Rubika since the day AO was launched... did a lot of exploring on foot in those days and got killed while trying to take photos

If u're very free and have nothing much to do, u can take a look at my collection of screenshots at http://sg-mmorpg.org look under the AO Screenshots forum and remember to set the date to infinite (or u wont see the older shots).

I'm not a very social player... unlike Emiko.... and I solo a lot. Still.. it took me a long time to get bored.

The real problem now is that I can't set any more short term goals for my character's improvement while doing the treadmill.

I don't know what else is there to achieve. Kill named mobs ? All of them are camped to extinction. I've even lead teams to Camelot, but... no Tarrasque. I (and my guild) HATE camping.

The few thing I can look foward to at lvl 152 are the following:
    1. Get to 180, max chemistry, and start making those Carbonums for guildies.
    2. With some luck, get a EoT, and equip it.
    3. Pvp till I get Neophyte.
    Which is not much

there is nothing thats keeping me motivated to lvl. maybe the only thing is to be lv 180+ so i can get that uber ncu buff from fixers.
    Techno-Wizard

191->192 is like 55 mill XP
    good thing about it: Can be gotten with your eyes closed
    bad thing: doesn't get harder, so keep 'um closed

Missions are kept below QL 200 because those damn bosses just take longer and longer to kill, and nothing in it in return - going from 200K to 500K XP (dunno how much they give for a QL 250 one yet) sounds cool, but when you can get 1 mill XP in the time it takes to kill the 500K boss, you'll get the point

Why go for higher than QL 200 missions then? Its not like the Kin crystals go up in QL (I'm collecting them for PvP rewards at the rumbles tho)

Only reason to lvl up is to use higher QL equiptment, more diverse equiptment (lvl reqs, weapon swapping, nanos using different nano skills like MM/BM *shudders*).

The joy of helping someone out, or throwing 1 mill after someone who wasn't asking for cash, as well as socielizing and PvP is what there is left - and there's NOTHING gained from killing players/mobs in the world we "live" in - ie. I don't get aggroed by every clan guard jsut 'cause I'm on the most wanted list - Athens don't turn Omni jsut 'cause we go in and slay every guard/cannon.

Think the best way to describe AO is with a quote from someone (wish I could remember his name) on these boards:

All I see around me is a bunch of persons clad in robes who like to stay inside.

'nuff said

-------------------------
    Littletza, President of Shadow Ops
    191 soldier
    RK2

PS. Phione - I heard that EoT doesn't drop anymore - hearsay from someone who talked with a GM (well, actually several person who have been talking with ARK's)

From a as much xp/time perspective I've often wondered whether it wouldn't be more efficient to go up the moment you see an up button and blitz the boss room instead of clearing everything out. (hell or even blitz the enitire mission).

I'd imagine you still get the mission xp reward just no token anymore. Hmm, it would also be even more boring than it is now I guess. Anyone ever try that?

You don't get the xp reward because it was nerfed a long ago to prevent ppl from blitzing return item mission and get the exp reward. You'll get the xp reward ONLY IF you get a token.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12