Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Shattering Song Alert

Warning: Shattering Song Alert

An experimental NCU nano virus called "Shattering Song" has accidentally escaped from RUR laboratories and spread into the grid. The "Shattering Song" nano causes a persons HUD to activate a non-stop, 24 hour playlist of William Shatner songs. It spreads itself through a random pulse cycle by executing itself in the NCU's of persons teamed with an infected person. Technical details on Shattering Song can be found below.

The nano, it appears, had been developed to settle a grudge between RUR employees over the air conditioning our HQ building, I am sure this sort of thing happens all the time in other companies as well. The employees who shall remain nameless *cough* Dookumi *cough* Slotine owned up to this misdeed just as soon as it became clear the infection had spread outside RUR.

An emergency security patch is available to download for free herehttp://rubika.no-ip.com/RUR/misc/antivirus.jpg from RUR grid site and RUR staff can be contacted over Channel 42 for technical support. Of course, if you actually enjoy listening to William Shatner singing I am afraid you are already beyond helping.

I wish to express my deepest regret for this incident, but we all know how the heat can make people cranky.

Dabblez
    Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

Nano details:
    Shattering Song Version 1.36.2
    Executes a program in the target’s NCU causing the HUD to emit a disrupting noise effectively lowering said targets combat effectiveness.

Notes on this version:
    Nano executes itself under the Hostile tag
    Occasional side effects is a 3 sec pulse spreading this nano to other NCUs

Other possible side effects are unknown
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Oh fer the love of-

all the irresponsible things!

*sighs*

I.

Want to be.

Like.

Common.

People.

Arrrgh stop it, stop it, stop it
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Oh my god! You'll kill us all!

Amelie! Why? WHY? WWHHYY?
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

heh! and they say we are terrorists....

Why? WHY? WHY?! You are asking me why?

Well if completely useless and irresponsible people like RUR security were not getting the AC unit I may be less disgruntled in this case. Seriously, do you have any idea how hot a Gardening Shed gets in the summer with TWO suns! Yet, it was not even in the running as a candidate to receive the AC! But then useless and smug people like Nobutada get all the privileges - AC unit, cold beer, holo-vid projectors...no wonder he never gets any work done!

Oh, and sorry to anyone this may have spread to. It was meant to just drive Nobu insane, not anyone else. I'll claim temporary insanity due to heat stroke.

~ Amelie

"temporary?"

Bwahahahaaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopian
    heh! and they say we are terrorists....
    Forced though I am to agree with an NLF member, this is...bad...very bad.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

*raises a brow at Stillian* a new reign has come to omni-pol? Or did just hear ...nah
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Oh my, given how strongly you all reacted at the Shanter NCU virus news, you probably don't want to hear about the giant Barney dino-bot. No matter, I am sure we will have it contained before it gets to Lush Resort.

Dabblez

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez
    Oh my, given how strongly you all reacted at the Shanter NCU virus news, you probably don't want to hear about the giant Barney dino-bot. No matter, I am sure we will have it contained before it gets to Lush Resort.

Dabblez
    Saetos scurries back to Rubi-Ka 2, sucks his thumb, and mumbles...

can't sleep barney'll eat me can't sleep barney'll eat me can't sleep barney'll eat me can't sleep barney'll eat me...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

... the giant Barney dino-bot. No matter, I am sure we will have it contained before it gets to Lush Resort.
    CONTAINED? But he wants to SWIM! You wouldn't keep an innocent robot from enjoying a nice swim, would you?... He told me himself, he wants to "swim in blood!" It's a perfectly innocent...

Oh, wait. Never mind. I'll just get on to digging those pit traps, shall I?

Terendar
    Lab Technician
    RUR Research and Development

Did you want help digging? I'm good with digging dirt.

*goes wolf and drools wagging her tail*

~ Amelie

Dabblez
    Giant? Bot? So.. how giant are we talking about here? Please, *exactly* how giant?
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

It's big, I tell you. Very big. Godzilla big, even!

And purple.

Dabblez

Sounds pretty big then.

Shall I hazard a guess that it will destroy everything on its path unless this unstoppable monster is stopped?

You really should contact the authorities on this matter. I can send some forms over for you to fill in.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

To whom it may concern,

Following a brief communication with General Hendrix, I have attached an Omni-Pol lost inventory form for your attention.

Should this need to be passed onto another department, as far as I am aware, the forms are transferable.

Kind regards,

General McChristion
    Omni-Pol Administration Department.

...first SHATNER....now Barney the purple slayerdroid?

Doesn't that like, make R.U.R...worse than the NLF?

Just be thankful that the Shatner Virus hasn't mutated with the Barney droid ~shudders~
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

Live from Lush Hills:

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Live from Lush Hills:

Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Ghaaah! (( ))
    This account was cancelled at:
    2006-08-25 05:59:36

It will remain playable until : 2006-08-25 08:42:33

Hehe, what timing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast