Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Ninja Looting"

Originally posted by Zylina

So why do I need money? I think most players 140+ are in the same boat. Maybe when those towers are implemented, ninja looting will become a problem again. As it is now, it's a lowbie/noobi problem as it's usually done by those who need money.

The only reason to care about ninja looting is:

a) You need money/eq and if some ninjalooter gets it then you don't.
    b) You are still a low enough level where a roller rat is scary.

Blaming bracer farmers is kinda silly since most bracer farmers are in the same teams that are doing those mission in their sleep. *shrug*

And yes, I do feel annoyed when someone in a rare case spends their time opening chests in fights at my level. But the loss of one person quite honestly doesn't slow most teams down much, so it's hard to get worked up about it. As I said above, if you do have a problem with ninja looting, there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's a non issue the more levels you put under your belt.
    Although with the upcoming nerf to bracers their use takes a big penalty, you do tl5 team missions from about lvl 100, that's not yet teams that do them 'in their sleep'.

I still dislike chestpoppers very much although if they are otherwise cool persons and good teammates I don't mind that much anymore. Like a certain fixer I know that pops every freaking chest but on the other hand will make sure that he refreshes the fixer hots on all the team members whenever they run out on his own initiative, that kinda compensates

Reasons pple continue to pop chests at higher levels

a) as you stated you have every normal lvl200 item you could want. Now if you wanted any special item it's gonna cost you an enormous sum of money (like 70 million for a single triumvirrate egg).
    At level 166 I have about 30 million on my char. Considering I transferred about the same amount from my previous main to her this leaves me more or less at break even after 166 levels. I never loot chests but I'd imagine if I would have been doing that for all of the 166 levels even if I just dumped whatever I found in shops, I would have easily afforded myself two eggs (which would be a big help in self casting uvc and kali and kicking yr but even more in pvp )

b) believe it or not imo there are a number of pple out there that just get a kick out of having as much (virtual) money as possible even if they already have everything they could want. Like in rl for some pple there is never a thing such as enough.

c) according to myth sometimes a nullity or ga disk has been found in a chest. Now this is like the holy grail for any nt/fixer and a ticket to lifelong financial security for any other class that manages to (ninja)loot them.

My point is that I usually don't put chestpoppers on ignore anymore, which I did use to do at lower levels. But I still don't like them (except in special cases like aforementioned fixer), meaning that if I see 2 pple shouting lfg and I know one of them to be a chesthogger I'll definitely recruit the other one if I'm team leader.

And yes it is not dangerous anymore at this level but still it is not a good feeling to hear chests going off in middle of fights or see someone constantly lagging behind because they are too busy cracking chests and looting every single body on the way. A good solution to the looting all bodies is setting team loot alpha again instead of team loot all even at higher levels, which happens only occassionaly but definitely helps in improving the speed at which a team goes through a mission imo.

I would very much like it if FC just made chests solo mission only, that would help a lot with this issue and improve the appeal of solo missions again (well for pple after 'phat lewt' anyways). The only reason I found to do a solo mission now is when I need 1 specific item, so I'll just 'clicksaver it' and blitz that mission.
    Last edited by Hayake; Aug 21st, 2002 at 13:58:42.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12