Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubi-Ka - beautifully empty

Originally posted by Cyberox
    I'm just a newbee in this game but I'm at awe at how big and beautiful this world is. I've used the whompa's a couple of times but I've mainly been running to my missions and enjoying the scenary.

ah, to be young again ^_^

Originally posted by Turin
    I think alot of it is the Token board factor... we all want the 1k board. There is no reliable way to work on that while hunting outdoors. I hunted my way from lvl 1-100. I think it seriously crippled me later in lvls cause while everyone else was wandering around with a 1k board, doing more dmg, getting more xp, and running a heluva lot faster than me, I worked hard or the last bit of my tokens. Finally got it though.
    Here's the current issue that is creating this problem

reasons people choose missions:
    token
    better items (boss loot)
    faster and higher xp (boss+ mission completion add a ton)
    less adds
    a set number of mobs in a very low amount of space

reasons to mission outdoors
    looks better, more eye candy

Something seriously has to change... right now the game is programmed for you to spend all your time indoors if you want to get to high levels. Everyone most fond memories while xping seem to involve being outdoors... (I'll never forget my time at NW mines, Shades in PM, camps in OF, Ace Camp yet everyday I logoff I forget my time in missions)...

Missions shouldn't provide the best of everything... it would be best if there was a give and take, say.. mobs in the outdoors provide 40% more xp than those in missions... in other words... if I meet a lvl 60 shade in a mission I get 2000 xp, if I meet him at NW mines, I get 2800 xp... this goes on up to and including.. if I meet a real mean in a mission and get 50,000 xp, and I meet the same lvl real mean in the outdoors I get 70,000 xp... people would be forced to make a choice. Do I go to a mission and get tokens and special items or do I go outdoors to maximize my xp. I think you'd have groups of people going in both directions, which is probably closer to what was probably the original intention. In addition, in my opinion, single person mission keys should not be dupable now that we have team missions.

I will be posting this in the suggestion forum as well.

outdoor hunting

I have to agree there was alot more of this going on before team missions. I have seen the outdoors go almost untouched by humans since the advent of the team missions. I'm cool with it myself. It Means that I get to discover all the things other people ignore. Like, there is a lady who is a shopkeepr that sells all kinds of tank armor and battlesuits. There is another lady that sells all kinds of neat pistols and bows and other weapons, even the elusive Schuyler bow. All those people who want to keep doing missions, please do, I'll take the outdoors anyday.....right after I finish getting my 1k token board (only 650 more tokens to go, wooohoo!!)

Well, the game as a whole is almost deserted and the majority of the remaining players might as well be playing Progress Quest. Anything that interferes with their high-speed level gain is to be avoided. Most OT players can't even find Harrys if they are standing at the west gate of Trade.

My adventurer takes missions anywhere and everywhere, but I almost never seen anyone else out there in the wilds.

Given how few players there seem to be in the game, it makes me wonder if AO is going to survive. Eventually the remaining players are going to tire of the meaningless level questing of team missions.
    -Well, God was my copilot, but we crashed into a mountain and I had to eat him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12