Thread: The Journey Begins...

The Journey Begins...

Did you really think this was the right way to go about it?

"I'm not sure. All I know is that this is all I can do right now." The voice had been with me for weeks now. At first I thought I was just going insane. I've done that before. But this time it stayed with me. Perhaps the notum had really begun to speak to me.

You think you could just walk away from civilization and in to the wilds to do this?

"There is so little to lose. Too many have left. I must find them. I must find her."

It is not possible to survive in the unterraformed areas.

"Where else could they be? They can't be reached by comm and I've searched for weeks in the deserts. They must be out there."

Did you even remotly consider the possibility that they are all perma dead? Maybe they are in the Shadowlands. Maybe they have been abducted by the aliens.

"No! If they were dead I would know. If they left this world, I would know that too. They are still on Rubi-ka. And I will find them."

And? Do you think you could convince them to return? Maybe become King and lead them back in triumph over the usurpers?

"I don't know what I will do. Maybe I will stay with them and we can be as we were meant to be, Free." Always with the questions. Never does the voice just let me be. Oh, it can be quiet for days. But now that I am decided, it won't shut up.

Give up, you know you are going to anyway. Why not stop before you start.

"No. She can not be forgiven for what she has done. The purpose of the NLF is 'Till all are Free' and not one of superiority or subjugation. I can not allow that. I will not allow that."

But she is right. We are superior. We were made to be superior. We were made for this world. Just as the Solitus were made for their original world, we were made for Rubi-ka.

Always trying to convince me that the nanomage breed is superior. But it just isn't so. All of the breeds of man are flawed. Even the nanomage. A few have sunk so low as to be just as self-righteous as any Omega.

Do you even think that they will concern themsleves with your little quest? You are nothing. You are a nanomage and a very lousy keeper.

"No. I know they will do nothing. But I want them to remember. I want them to know that I will not return until I find the true queen, Fleshreaper. She is still out there, with the others, and I will find them. I will tell them what has happened. I will tell them how much they are needed."

What then? What will you do if they will not come back with you?

"Then I will stay with them."

The voice was quiet again, finally. I wanted to say a few farewells, but no one was still around. I wanted to make some rousing speech, one that would light fires in the hearts and minds of those listening. But I knew that no one would hear me. Dressed in black, I venture into the untamed wilds of Rubi-ka, and know that at least I still care.
    Last edited by Collodion; Jul 30th, 2006 at 20:41:38.

(( This is nice! ))
    This account was cancelled at:
    2006-08-25 05:59:36

It will remain playable until : 2006-08-25 08:42:33

Hehe, what timing!

Oh, Coll. You know that in the end, they will have to leave; and you know that in the end, you will come back to us. We still love you.